JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

09-05-2009, 02:39 PM

LOL

I just started watching Avatar. I really like it. It seems to be my style perfectly.

Anyway, I've an issue with the no Asians in the real movie perspective most people are saying:

The Airbender planet is not Earth. There isn't even an Asia on this planet, so how can there be any Asians? If you mean mongoloids; I don't see it as really relevant. Sure, it's based on a Chinese Kung Fu theme, but again, it's not Earth, it's not out cultures; it's fictional. They can put whoever the hell they want in the movie...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

09-05-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
The Airbender planet is not Earth. There isn't even an Asia on this planet, so how can there be any Asians? If you mean mongoloids; I don't see it as really relevant. Sure, it's based on a Chinese Kung Fu theme, but again, it's not Earth, it's not out cultures; it's fictional. They can put whoever the hell they want in the movie...

I agree completely. The world in Avatar is completely made up, the map they show for the world doesn't resemble Earth at all.

They can cast any nationality as any character. As long as the actor/actress fits the role, and can carry it, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm more curious as to what the story line will be like. Will they try and fit all three books into one movie? Or will they base the movie off of the first book and try and make it into a trilogy?
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

09-05-2009, 03:05 PM

I hope it's a trilogy.

Is the cartoon season finshed after the three books? Or is there going to be more? You would have thought they'd make an air book, also, as the final one.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

09-05-2009, 03:14 PM

As far as I know the show is over. Book 3 ended at episode 21, making the show run for 61 episodes. The ending was satisfactory, the entire show builds you up for the final fight, and it was not disappointing.

If there was an Air Book, then I think it should be a prequel to the first one; The Air Nomads battles with the Fire Lord, while the Avatar was in suspended animation.

Perhaps start it with the Avatar's birth, then take it from there.

I think this would be the best storyline for a fourth book, since I cannot see anything else they could add to the story after it ended without making it look like crap.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

09-05-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
As far as I know the show is over. Book 3 ended at episode 21, making the show run for 61 episodes. The ending was satisfactory, the entire show builds you up for the final fight, and it was not disappointing.

If there was an Air Book, then I think it should be a prequel to the first one; The Air Nomads battles with the Fire Lord, while the Avatar was in suspended animation.

Perhaps start it with the Avatar's birth, then take it from there.

I think this would be the best storyline for a fourth book, since I cannot see anything else they could add to the story after it ended without making it look like crap.
Well, I heard someone else say, the first book is about Avatar learning water. Then he also learns fire and earth in the others. So how can there be a fourth book, as he already knew air?

Combine their idea with your prequel idea, and you could make a story of him in the beggining. Maybe a good idea, but I'm not sure it would have enough to tell to be compelling...

I mean, if it was like Star Wars, you could tell it, where they made the prequel a huge build up to how Darth Vadar came to be. But given it's just a kid, I doubt there'd be much to tell.

You're probably right, it's have to be about the fire dudes taking over and how the commanders came to be.

I heard someone say they might be making more, but about other characters in that world. I dunno if it true. Might be interesting.

(#46 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post

I'm more curious as to what the story line will be like. Will they try and fit all three books into one movie? Or will they base the movie off of the first book and try and make it into a trilogy?
They're waiting to see how The Last Airbender will do in terms of Box Office, and if it does well, they'll make two more movies. The Last Airbender is for the first Book.

Glad to hear you like the show Tenchu It only gets better.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

09-05-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Glad to hear you like the show Tenchu It only gets better.
I just noticed there's a shitload of hentai made after it as well... it's quite amazing, this world, everyone is anti-pedo, but then when you google for hentai, like, 90% of the girls don't look a day past 14...