LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-02-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyedhen View Post
I thought Avatar was good. But isn't it Korean?
Only drawn in South Korea.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

09-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I thought Avatar was good. But isn't it Korean?
... Why did you do that? It isn't rational.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Kyedhen (Offline)
New to JF

09-02-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Only drawn in South Korea.
Ah ok
Tenchu: what? >.>
(#24 (permalink))
Old
tohruchan7 (Offline)
ur so cute no matter what

09-02-2009, 03:03 PM

wow thats what they look like o.0 i luv this show i just hope that they get sokka's cheesy joke lines in it. lol
i wonder wat uncle iro looks like??? and how r they gonna do appa???????? its a mystery.....
btw i dont like angs tattoo. i couldnt even see it unless i got super close with the comp. screen.

HUMANS ARE COWARDS IN THE FACE OF HAPPINESS. IT TAKES COURAGE TO HOLD ONTO HAPPINESS.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

09-02-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Tenchu: what? >.>
You look like you only read the first post. The American creation and South Korean animation had been mentioned several times in this thread already, then you go and say that...

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Welcome to JF.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…

Last edited by Tenchu : 09-02-2009 at 03:43 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Kyedhen (Offline)
New to JF

09-02-2009, 04:11 PM

Ah I didn't see that
Well I hope your highness will forgive me for not reading every single post within the few hours that I've been a forum member
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Thresk (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Thresk
09-02-2009, 04:16 PM

i've watched all three seasons and i really enjoyed it. Its not the kind of cartoon like futurama or the simpsons, but maybe a between american - asian storyline where the story actually progresses? but that aside, its definitely watchable for most audiences. I only hope with the movie they don't completely mess it up like dragon ball z. That was a COMPLETE failure.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
09-02-2009, 04:26 PM

Im still trying to figure out how M. Night Shyamalan got a hold of this. Im interested to see the movie but i disagree with the director.

Last edited by Sinestra : 09-02-2009 at 04:29 PM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Kyedhen (Offline)
New to JF

09-02-2009, 04:30 PM

I have to admit, I'm weary of the film. I saw Lady in the Water and it was terribly boring. Not to mention he cast that lad from Slumdog Millionaire as Zuko and I have my doubts regarding whether he's up to the part
(#30 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
09-02-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
The geography is clearly not the same (sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question, I feel as if I am...) but it is more or less "Earth".

Well, it is going to be different from the original series, or at least, that's what the promotional and set pictures seem to indicate.

Here we go... First of all, Dante Basco does NOT look as young as he used to. There is no way in hell he could pass for a teenager. And yes, simply because there were clearly Asian influences does not mean that it is necessary for an "all asian" cast. If you want to be culturally accurate, why would you cast Katara and Sokka (who appear to be Inuits) as Asians?

And as this series takes place in a fictional world, no one is "Asian" or "Caucasian" (Should I use that word? I heard it was racist) or "African American" or "Inuit". Their skin color is not what drove the viewers to like the characters. You know what? Aang doesn't look Asian to me. But then again, that's my opinion.
They should at least have someone who looks alot like Zuko and has that type of voice to suit him. And I do agree about the Sokka and Katara thing. They do look alot like inuits so it wouldn't be an all asian cast.