(#31 (permalink))
Old
Unislkaijo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Unislkaijo Send a message via MSN to Unislkaijo
04-03-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarumonoKyo View Post
My family and friends have been making fun of me for listening to Dir en Grey. They keep saying stuff like "how can you listen to that stupid jap music? you cant even understand it." then then mock it by trying to imitate a japanese person singing, but they aren't even speaking a real language.

My dad was the worst. But he didn't just get on about the music he was going full on about Pearl harbor and stuff like that.

Finally, yesterday i forced him to listen to my Dir en grey CD on my way home.
And guess what?

He fucking liked it o_o
People need to stop being racist about Japanese music.
And stop underestimating Jrock.
It is good, you just have to give it a chance.

But, he said they sounded like Tool. Who is Tool? D8

My family are the same and all the ppl at school they are all ways like 'ching chong' when they come near me (when I'm listening to jap music) and like how cud you like the japanese sh*** its all rediculouse, im always like you are missing all this out do you know what even japanese ppl are like or what they do, lol well i did get a lot of ppl to lke it in th end but sum jus make fun of it ( and i got may dad to kinda like it lol) but at school its nonsense
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-03-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watakushi View Post
I'm from sweden and when my friend, he's listening to heavy metal and stuff, found out that I was listening to j-rock he said that all japanese guys looked like girls and than he asked if i thought they were handsome -_-'' After that he started to make fun of asian people and their music. So I forced him to listen to a song by Gackt and he said he acually liked it. >_________<
That's the main issue.People judge things before actually knowing them.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-04-2007, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
That's the main issue.People judge things before actually knowing them.
Yup, you pointed out the problem, but problem not solved

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Tiggy (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM

Wow...and I thought I was the only one of my kind....

It will happen, the language being foreign. I've been though it myself, and still go though it. It's whatever you like, not what THEY like. My PSP memory sticks are full of Japanese music -- and only about a total of 18 American songs...I know, that's bad. :O I'm sure that Japanese people that listen to American music go through the same thing...but the thing about that is there are other young Japanese people who follow the very same trend (acculturation). That's how you end up with young Japanese people with braids...funniest thing I ever saw I hardly listen to any American music myself, but I just so happen to love my J-Music

Oh, and BTW....I don't know if anyone answered this already, but Tool is a rock band here in America. They're been around for a while (and most of their live concerts were done in the dark...simply didn't want anyone to see their faces).

どこに見っている?
(#35 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
04-06-2007, 06:52 PM

Tell me about it.
I've been called 'gay' sooo many times, for listening to Jrock. ONLY because of the jrockers female-looks. It's so fucked!
Every day I have to listen to my parents, my brothers and most of my familiars, telling me how much The GazettE, Pierrot and whoever suck big time. I'm about to explode - but I don't. Mostly, I don't care. ^__^ Cause music means more to me than anything else. If people wanna make fun, then I let 'em. My payback time will come...

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Katashi (Offline)
Signature Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to Katashi
04-06-2007, 07:16 PM

I get the same sometimes from my family, and random ppl that hear my music in my car! Why can't ppl just accept that everyone has there own likes and dislikes, and doesn't have to like the same as them!

Yeah, I don't understand most of what I listen too other than when I initially read the English translations, but I forget that pretty fast most times! I really just love the japanese language and the accent so much, I enjoy just listening to the music and the voices!

I love making signatures, if you'd like a custom one from me, just ask in my siggy thread!
*My Custom Signatures Album* ~ *Katashi's Signature Request Thread*
Misa Amane Gothic Lolita Video
(#37 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

04-06-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katashi View Post
I get the same sometimes from my family, and random ppl that hear my music in my car! Why can't ppl just accept that everyone has there own likes and dislikes, and doesn't have to like the same as them!

Yeah, I don't understand most of what I listen too other than when I initially read the English translations, but I forget that pretty fast most times! I really just love the japanese language and the accent so much, I enjoy just listening to the music and the voices!
Exactly! I can only agree to that.
We don't all have to love Rihanna and 50cent, god dammit! >__<

Follow me on TUMBLR
- Pot Roast
(#38 (permalink))
Old
carry (Offline)
owns ルキ ! x]

Send a message via AIM to carry
04-06-2007, 07:23 PM

couldn't agree with you two more xD
i mean who the hell said we need rap and similar things
jrock is more then enough xD

RUKI under carry's PERMANENT ownership <3
| LJ | psycho culture | mai speis |
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Katashi (Offline)
Signature Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to Katashi
04-06-2007, 07:30 PM

One time I had some idiot listening to rap really loud hear my japanese music in a mall parking lot! He confronted me obviously-oblivious to what kind of music I was listening too, and complained why I'd listen to that crap because you can't understand it!

I couldn't help but laugh so hard and just walk off! I've never in my life understood the point behind rap, other than its speaking stupid lines as fast as possible that make no sense! ...and the music is so annoying it makes my ears bleed! Heh, I sound like one of them, but at least I don't go condeming ppl that listen to what they like...I just don't associate with that crowd!

I love making signatures, if you'd like a custom one from me, just ask in my siggy thread!
*My Custom Signatures Album* ~ *Katashi's Signature Request Thread*
Misa Amane Gothic Lolita Video
(#40 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

04-06-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katashi View Post
One time I had some idiot listening to rap really loud hear my japanese music in a mall parking lot! He confronted me obviously-oblivious to what kind of music I was listening too, and complained why I'd listen to that crap because you can't understand it!

I couldn't help but laugh so hard and just walk off! I've never in my life understood the point behind rap, other than its speaking stupid lines as fast as possible that make no sense! ...and the music is so annoying it makes my ears bleed! Heh, I sound like one of them, but at least I don't go condeming ppl that listen to what they like...I just don't associate with that crowd!
OMG! What a loser! xD

Follow me on TUMBLR
- Pot Roast