(#131 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to VisualKei Send a message via Yahoo to VisualKei
02-03-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
Thats just so damn deragatory, she's racist to not only japanese, but chinese.
'Chink' is the most horrible insult you could throw at a chinese person.
Im shocked that your mother said it.
I know -.- She doesn't like ANY Asians. I accused her of being a racist once, and she said that she wasn't, because she wouldn't judge someone immediately on race. But she also said that all Japanese men are gay transvestites... She's seen, like, four Jrockers and she automatically assumes it about the entire country.

OFFICIAL OWNER OF HIZAKI AND JASMINE YOU
(#132 (permalink))
Old
MrBIG25 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to MrBIG25 Send a message via Yahoo to MrBIG25
02-04-2008, 12:50 AM

my folks don't really care what kind of music I listen to so to them me listing to J-pop or J-rock but one time some of my friends or maybe so called friends made fun of me of listing to Japanese music and say that I should be listing to my own kind of music which is rap and R&B ugh I hate that just because im black I MUST listen to rap music...
(#133 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-04-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBIG25 View Post
my folks don't really care what kind of music I listen to so to them me listing to J-pop or J-rock but one time some of my friends or maybe so called friends made fun of me of listing to Japanese music and say that I should be listing to my own kind of music which is rap and R&B ugh I hate that just because im black I MUST listen to rap music...
Ugh. I can't believe your friend would say that. Rap isn't "black" music. I have a lot of white friends who listen to it. That's like saying that only Asian people should listen to Jpop or Jrock.

(#134 (permalink))
Old
SuGrocks (Offline)
JF Regular

02-05-2008, 02:40 AM

My friends are like "what????" about jrock, and my dad imitates them, like he will pretend to speak in japanese but its just joking around nothing serious, then my mom is always like, "OMG! Your probably going to marry someone who is japanese....." etc. and im like what? haha. but i dont care what any of them say, like i hate most and almost all american music, but i LOVE jrock, and jpop! i mean im a biiiiiiigggg fan.
and i DONT care what ppl say.
(#135 (permalink))
Old
HYDfan (Offline)
Massu is love

02-20-2008, 03:49 AM

I totally agree that some people are just so closed minded. Tons of hypocritical people have looked at me funny when I told them that I was going to be an exchange student in Japan. Once, some kids at school were talking about where they would like to travel, and someone said Japan, so I was like, "Yeah, I'm going there." and they freaking yelled at me and were like, "NO! You can't go to Japan, that's stupid!" and I was like what the heck, you just said you wanted to go there! Sorry, that's random, but I mean people are so arrogant that they don't even try.

Most of my friends have listened to my Japanese music and completely loved it! It's just sad when people are so prejudice that they can't even try to like something.
(#136 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2008, 12:23 PM

Totally true. I want to travel, but it seems like no matter WHAT country I suggest, people look at me strangely... -.-

There's also another whole problem-- whenever my mother and I see an Asian man, she automatically assumes I think he's cute. Although I DO have a crush on one of the waiters at the Mongolian buffet x3

By the way, welcome to JF, HYDfan

(#137 (permalink))
Old
HYDfan (Offline)
Massu is love

02-20-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualKei View Post
Totally true. I want to travel, but it seems like no matter WHAT country I suggest, people look at me strangely... -.-

There's also another whole problem-- whenever my mother and I see an Asian man, she automatically assumes I think he's cute. Although I DO have a crush on one of the waiters at the Mongolian buffet x3

By the way, welcome to JF, HYDfan
Thanks! I know I am going to be spending tons of time on here.... haha yeah, my mom does the same thing with me! she's always asking if I think a guy is cute just because I told her I like asian guys the best... lol
(#138 (permalink))
Old
IchigoMaj (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to IchigoMaj
02-20-2008, 02:13 PM

I know exactly how you feel!
People at my school say "fucking gay transvestites" and call them japs, wogs, and other racistical things. Then I get mad at them and they just continue wiping out J-rockers. They also try imitate a Japanese person singing in a mean way but they don't succeed with that. They're just so ridiculous!!!

And even worse, sometimes they also begin to critisize and diss Chineses and other Asians and make fun of them. It's so mean!!
I mean how would they feel if it was them who were being
dissed and critisized because of their ethnicity and language.
But I just hate racism (and discriminating too) in general!
(#139 (permalink))
Old
Kaminogirl22 (Offline)
JF Regular

Smile j music - 02-20-2008, 02:33 PM

My mom is cool, she let me listen to any music I want including j pop, and mostly soundtracks of animes I have and sometimes she listen without being mean at all...I have a good parent.
(#140 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
02-20-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BancheexBeauty View Post
And there are people that like listening to the music because it sounds good. Not everyone listens to the music for their lyrics(ex. Rap, Death Metal), wether it's in their native tongue or not. People are so ridiculous sometimes. They need to stop worrying about what I listen to and broaden their own horizons
Exactly!

I tried to tell him that...
does the boy get it?
Not at all!

It's so frustrating that intolerant people are taking over the world. Gaaawd. >_>''

I don't think people realize it. But critizising jmusic and the east-asians in general like that; is racism.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast