Gotta love akeboshi some of his stranger songs are the better ones
hahaha yep!!!

pz ! <3
(#602 (permalink))
Old
Realism (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-22-2010, 10:40 AM

I don't see Southern All Stars, J-Walk, THE ROCK BAND, CHAGE and ASKA anywhere on anyone's lists.

Those guys are the real deal...not the new fade that's going on right now.
(#603 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
10-22-2010, 11:09 AM

Couple more I like: Dakota Star and Daiki Kasho (famous for the Gran Turismo songs)

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#604 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to BakaTensei
10-22-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realism View Post
I don't see Southern All Stars, J-Walk, THE ROCK BAND, CHAGE and ASKA anywhere on anyone's lists.

Those guys are the real deal...not the new fade that's going on right now.
I'll talk note to give them a listen too...you've made me curious
(#605 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

General Music Thread - 10-22-2010, 03:28 PM

so I got confused cuz there isn't a single section or thread so far dedicated to music in general, and not specifically to japanese/asian music. According to CoolNard moderator this is the most appropriate section to create this thread

so to keep this thread as active (this also depends on how many ppl here actually like music that isn't japanese or asian, I can't tell for sure yet) and versatile as possible let's officially allow pretty much any subject, as long as it's related to music. If u have a song to share, band to talk about, concert that ur going to etc, pretty much anything. Also u can just share information about what music u like to listen to

also to have some of my own content i'll add a few good songs that i like (i was never into specific bands, I listen to pretty much anything as long as I personally like it) hope u guys like it (remember this is strictly my taste u don't have to like it)

^Sick Dutch Rap

I always liked dutch rap specifically, even if i don't understand

I've also always liked rap in different languages, so i also listen to swedish, french, japanese, spanish and even some russian

^pretty good swedish rap

there is a lot of national hate for this one, but I personally dig it

^really sweet new age song "return to innocence" I dont ncessarily like new age music but this song is sweet

^Shwayze

one of the very few american rappers I actually like, cuz he doens't use swear words like it's a drug

^Really awesome drum and bass song

Always liked DnB genre, especially liquid DnB cuz it's so soothing

oh and almost forgot reggae, here's a pretty good song with Ky-Mani Marley

Ok so that's just my random list of some music I like. U don't have to listen or like it, just want to get this thread started=)

Also let's not disrespect eachother if we got clashing music tastes. Personal taste is something everyone has, and it can't always be the same. much appreciated

pz<3

pz ! <3

Last edited by KungMartin : 10-22-2010 at 04:58 PM.
(#606 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
10-22-2010, 03:49 PM

Thank you for the credit, KungMartin. O.o Now, just because I've given my approval does not mean the other moderators share my sentiments, and also, it does not mean anymore threads like this can upped and made - if anyone has any deviation from J-music to post, post here.

By the way, if you cut out the rest of the link, leaving the big letters and numbers after the "=" sign (i.e. for your second link, Nu30GT-vTVk), and then add a [.yt.] (ignore the dots, I put it there, so the yt will show) at the front of the youtube link and a [./yt.] (ignore the dots here, also, but remember to include the squarish brackets for all your yt's) behind the link, you can just access the video directly, without having to be redirected. And there will be a sorta cover image, too.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 10-22-2010 at 03:51 PM.
(#607 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-22-2010, 04:06 PM

^thx much appreciated !!!

pz ! <3
(#608 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
10-22-2010, 04:19 PM

As far as non-Japanese bands go, I like Industrial Metal (Rammstein, Oomph!, NIN, Zeromancer, American Head Charge...), Nu Metal (KoRn, Linkin Park, Adema, Soulfly...), Alt. Metal/Rock (Guano Apes, Feeder, Trapt, A (The Band from Leeds), 30 Seconds To Mars...), Drum'n'Bass (Pendulum, The Prodigy, The Qemists...) as well as some other general bands (The Cardigans, Die Ärzte, Die Toten Hosen, Panik (formerly Nevada Tan)

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#609 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
10-22-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungMartin View Post
^thx much appreciated !!!
No sweat, I do my best to keep my peepz happy, that's all.

Man, Jambo, I was planning to use the same opening line for my non-J bands' introductions! Ah, heck.

As far as non-Japanese bands go, I like punk/melodic rock, like Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, One Republic, 30 seconds to Mars, Green day, Linkin Park.

I'm quite a bit of a pop person too, so Katy Perry, Timberland, Taylor Swift, Kesha, Shakira are in my list.

Rap - Eminem's all I'll ever respect, probably.

Techno - a little, as long as they have that melody/trance thing going on.

And basically anything that sounds nice to my ears.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 10-22-2010 at 05:15 PM.
(#610 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-22-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Green Day

Green Day is so emo dude >.< But agian I'm not going to judge !!!

Quote:
Linkin Park.

Who doesn't like Linkin Park dude!!! props to u !! Also, even though Fort Minor is nowhere near as good, there are two songs that are ace!!! U might like them too, here is my favourite

^ mike shinoda has always been my favourite rapper of all time, he has such a badass voice^^

what do u think? ; ))

Quote:
I'm quite a bit of a pop person too, so Katy Perry, Timberland, Taylor Swift, Kesha, Shakira are in my list.

No just no dude xD But I can respect ur taste I guess!!

Quote:
Rap - Eminem's all I'll ever respect, probably.

Dude, Eninem sucks!! There are so many good rappers out there that beat him by lightyears, u really need to broaden ur taste in this genre!! No disrespect my love, just my two cents!!! =P

Quote:
Techno - a little, as long as they have melody/trance.

U have gr8 taste^^ Techno, Trance, Psychedelic, and Drum and Bass is also good

Quote:
And basically anything that sounds nice to my ears.
Yep!!!!!

Also, out of curiousity, what do u say about Dancehall?? It's not very famous music, but I think it's kickass, even though I hardly understand anything.

This whole song is in english, but I understand like one or two words in the whole song!!! (it's pretty good party music)

pz ! <3

Last edited by KungMartin : 10-22-2010 at 05:38 PM.