LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

06-28-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
It is an excuse, and the only one I hear from you and plenty of other England's fans on the net. If it weren't for the disallowed goal it would be a tie then, everything would be different and maybe even they would've even won. Maybe, maybe, if, if, that's all I hear. Bollocks. You wanna prove me that England got robbed and is the one who deserves the cup? Fine, I'm all ears. Pour me with facts.
Never said that they got robbed. I'm saying that the Psychological Factor influenced their actions.

For how long have you been watching football? You look clueless.

Edit: I'm Portuguese and definitely NOT a fan of England.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.

Last edited by JasonTakeshi : 06-28-2010 at 12:22 AM.
(#142 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-28-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
What is it with you people. First Noodle says I'm English because I bashed Englands team like an English football fan (don't know if I should take it as an insult or a compliment) and you think of me as an American.

Ghana's attackers did their job well, both goals were beautiful, but through the game US pressure on Ghana was much bigger then Ghana's and both times when Ghana was leading they turned defensive, relying on counterattacks. They had chances to score more, but they poorly used them, only few posed threats to the US. Like it or not Ronin, but that's how I see it. Their goalie did a fine job and I consider him as one the main reasons why US lost.

Dont know what noodle has to do with me....

I think Ghana put the pressure on the US just as much as the US put pressure on Ghana but I think we can agree to disagree on this one. You made it sound like the US should have won that's all. I think the better team won in the end.
(#143 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-28-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
Don't forget the psychological factor. Before the 3-1, England was clearly outplaying Germany. After that, they demoralized.
I dont see what youre getting at. England had a chance to tie the game while it was 2-1. If they got demoralized after 3-1 then it would have had nothing to do with the disallowed goal.
(#144 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-28-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Dont know what noodle has to do with me....

I think Ghana put the pressure on the US just as much as the US put pressure on Ghana but I think we can agree to disagree on this one. You made it sound like the US should have won that's all. I think the better team won in the end.
Ghana showed up. USA showed up 20 minutes later. For some reason that was Team USA's MO, and it got them this far, but is not a good technique.

Little slip ups by USA and precise surgeon-like attacks by Ghana led to the final score. I thought the US was better at keeping the energy high in the later minutes, but Ghana's talent gave them the win.
(#145 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-28-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Ghana showed up. USA showed up 20 minutes later. For some reason that was Team USA's MO, and it got them this far, but is not a good technique.

Little slip ups by USA and precise surgeon-like attacks by Ghana led to the final score. I thought the US was better at keeping the energy high in the later minutes, but Ghana's talent gave them the win.
Yeah I think thats a about a fair assessment. When I say the better team won on the day I meant in the context of that particular game only. The fact is that the US are a damn good team and often underrated in the minds of soccer mad countries despite the US team making pretty good showings and even upsetting a few of them. (Im looking at England with regard to this World cup and Spain in the Confederations cup where the US knocked them out)
(#146 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-28-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Yeah I think thats a about a fair assessment. When I say the better team won on the day I meant in the context of that particular game only. The fact is that the US are a damn good team and often underrated in the minds of soccer mad countries despite the US team making pretty good showings and even upsetting a few of them. (Im looking at England with regard to this World cup and Spain in the Confederations cup where the US knocked them out)
I am not qualified to say which is a better team, but in the US we say "Any given Sunday" which is short for "Any given Sunday any team can beat any team if the circumstances are right." I am not saying the wrong team won (though it wasn't the team I wanted to win).

We also say "That's why they play the game."
(#147 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-28-2010, 09:26 AM

German keeper feels he ‘fooled the referee’ - International Football - Yahoo! Sports

“I didn’t react because I just wanted to concentrate on carrying on and making the game fast,” said Neuer, who plays for Schalke in the German Bundesliga. “I realized it was tight, but I was quite sure it was over the line. I think that perhaps the way I carried on so quickly fooled the referee and made him think it was not over.

“After the game I was in doping control and saw it on the television. And yes, of course it was over and should have been a goal for England. It was lucky for us and unlucky for them.”
(#148 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

06-28-2010, 10:30 AM

Yes that was a goal but Germany did play much better-- I loved their technique of waiting for most English players to try for goal-- then race back to an almost empty goal-- that was sneaky and clever and England should have caught on to that.

I loved the later match between Argentina and Mexico-- much livelier. Love to see maradonna dance around--

when is the next Japanese event?
(#149 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-28-2010, 11:32 AM

England has never been an amazing team. Ah, maybe back around the 70's and 80's, but I think it's a well known fact that England is a pretty piss poor team now, football wise. Germany outplayed them, and won.

You can debate about the psychological factor if you want to, but England is still a bad team.

Japan has piqued my interest, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow to watch the match against Paraguay.

I'm going to agree with my Japanese teachers statement that: "the world has gone truly mad when Japan have lasted longer in the World Cup than England."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
when is the next Japanese event?
I take it you mean match? Tomorrow, 3pm (GMT, UK time)

And seeing as you're in England, it's on ITV1
(#150 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-28-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
For how long have you been watching football? You look clueless.
Oh so our FACTS boy turned into a football expert now.

Quote:
I'm Portuguese and definitely NOT a fan of England.
You don't need to be England's fan or be from England to answer such simple question dumbass. If you can't do that then don't even bother replying to any of my posts.

Quote:
I dont see what youre getting at. England had a chance to tie the game while it was 2-1. If they got demoralized after 3-1 then it would have had nothing to do with the disallowed goal.
Exactly. England still showed fighting spirit before Germany's third goal and they lost because Germany simply used it's chances better.