(#191 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

07-02-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
The Dutch have won!!! Netherlands - Brazil 2:1

Thus the Dutch still stand unbeatable and in this world cup you ain't getting anything Brazil.
I giggled.

And I won 180€ this time.

predictions:

Argentina vs Germany -> Argentina wins.
Uruguay vs Ghana -> Ghana wins. (Vuvuzela enhancement)
Paraguay vs Spain -> Spain wins.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#192 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Theoretical Linguistics major here. I don't know who started this strange controversial conversation on who says something wrong, I don't think it's really important to discuss oblique cases (in the sense, etc.) in a grammatically analytical language like English. Unless if you talk in passive sentences all the way in an exceptional situation. Oblique cases only contribute minor nuances in a very casual discussion we have here.

And now, back to sports.
Thank you!

I agree.. back to sport!

Well done Holland but I feel a bit bad for Brazil. I left the room to go to the toilet when the red card was handed out so I didnt see it but I thought there was a case for a red against Holland when one of the Brazilian players was off the ball in the first half.

I thought Brazil were definitely the more skillful team too but were sloppy when it mattered so Holland deserved it.
(#193 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-02-2010, 07:26 PM

What a strike by Muntari! COME ON GHANA!

Edit; That was too harsh! I feel so bad for Ghana and Gyan!

Last edited by noodle : 07-02-2010 at 09:20 PM.
(#194 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

07-02-2010, 09:26 PM

This is perfect. Uruguay wins, but they play the next match without their best players against Netherlands. So, Netherlands are already in the finals.
(#195 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-02-2010, 09:28 PM

I wouldn't be so sure! For me Forlan is the beast in their team!
(#196 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

07-02-2010, 09:43 PM

Oh, but I am sure. Forlan is old, and he barely keeps up. Today's goal doesn't excuse his poor play in previous matches. He's good at passing and lifting, but he needs a good striker he could pass with. While Netherlands have all it's atackers (Sneijder, Robben, and van Persie) playing in the next match.
(#197 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-02-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Oh, but I am sure. Forlan is old, and he barely keeps up. Today's goal doesn't excuse his poor play in previous matches. He's good at passing and lifting, but he needs a good striker he could pass with. While Netherlands have all it's atackers (Sneijder, Robben, and van Persie) playing in the next match.
I guess our difference is that you think he's been playing bad this world cup, where as I think he's been a beast throughout!

As for the Netherlands strikers, if they play like today, I doubt they'll be that lucky again. Persie could do a single thing, and Robben, his trick of cutting in left was easily blocked out by the defence. Only person I thought was solid today was Sneijder. But we'll see I guess! I'm hoping the Netherlands win anyway since I don't like the way Uruguay snatched the victory today (plus, I love Persie and Robben, lol, I just hope they play better than today)!

EDIT: Also, do you really believe he's too old? Fair enough he doesn't chase after the ball as much as Suarez, but he's still got pace in him!

Last edited by noodle : 07-02-2010 at 09:55 PM.
(#198 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

07-02-2010, 10:08 PM

You're missing one thing. When there was Suarez, Forlan and he made a good team together. Now, no matter is a beast or not, he'll be practicably be alone on the field.

While Robben, van Persie, Sneijder AND Kuyt (forgot about him) have the possibility in creating good chances when they're all out there in field, even if one plays better then the other. It's called team play.
(#199 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-02-2010, 10:20 PM

That's true in a way, but you're missing one thing as well; you're assuming that Suarez is on a whole different level to Edinson Cavani. Cavani is young, with lots of energy and is full of talent! So, you're right about team play; if Suarez isn't there, it doesn't mean that the team won't have a chance! What I said about Persie and Robben, is like me saying they weren't really there today, but like you said with the team, they done what needed to be done, and Uruguay could do the same thing!
(#200 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

07-02-2010, 10:52 PM

Oh please. Cavani. You expect me to believe that a striker who hasn't scored a single goal in the tournament, who not only played poorly in this match against Ghana, but in previous matches too, is gonna help Uruguay win against Netherlands? That guy will need more than Farlan, if he wishes to create something more than a chance against the dutch.

Last edited by Aniki : 07-02-2010 at 10:55 PM.