JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2008, 03:01 PM

The first DMC was way too easy and near impossible to lose to any boss when you have your devil trigger activated.

The third installment, however, GREATLY downgraded the devil trigger to the point where it was useless. Your weapons are less efficient (especially your firearms) and the bosses will blitz you many times before you figure out a good strategy to beat them (anyone who didn't lose once to Vergil in the last fight must've cheated)
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-19-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogozhin View Post
The first DMC was way too easy and near impossible to lose to any boss when you have your devil trigger activated.

The third installment, however, GREATLY downgraded the devil trigger to the point where it was useless. Your weapons are less efficient (especially your firearms) and the bosses will blitz you many times before you figure out a good strategy to beat them (anyone who didn't lose once to Vergil in the last fight must've cheated)
o.O What are you talking about? The devil trigger in 3 was still really good. It just didn't turn you into a walking god. It greatly improved your defense and attack, and only big attacks would knock you down. You still had to be careful when using it, that's all.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
o.O What are you talking about? The devil trigger in 3 was still really good. It just didn't turn you into a walking god. It greatly improved your defense and attack, and only big attacks would knock you down. You still had to be careful when using it, that's all.
Yes, it was good but I find it doesn't last long enough to make it useful. I didn't max out my DT gauge but I don't think a larger gauge would've made much of a difference.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-19-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, it was good but I find it doesn't last long enough to make it useful. I didn't max out my DT gauge but I don't think a larger gauge would've made much of a difference.
Yea, it really did.

One thing I loved about DMC3's DT gauge was using it for burst damage, not an all out thing. Just pop in when you're going to recieve fire and counter. I haven't played DMC3 in forever though but I still use 4's in a similar way.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Yea, it really did.

One thing I loved about DMC3's DT gauge was using it for burst damage, not an all out thing. Just pop in when you're going to recieve fire and counter. I haven't played DMC3 in forever though but I still use 4's in a similar way.
Okay, I'll try to find a time when I can go on a big red orb hunt because those devil stars don't come cheap!
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-19-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Okay, I'll try to find a time when I can go on a big red orb hunt because those devil stars don't come cheap!
Beaten the game? Bloody Palace = Best place to get red orbs. Seriously, I have over 100k on Virgil and everything maxed/purchased. Depending on how well you pay you can get 10,000~30,000 a run, if not more.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Beaten the game? Bloody Palace = Best place to get red orbs. Seriously, I have over 100k on Virgil and everything maxed/purchased. Depending on how well you pay you can get 10,000~30,000 a run, if not more.
I'll go there the next time I get hold of the game. k thnx.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-19-2008, 04:17 PM

Now I want to buy the DMC bundle, though I know I won't play it that much... still, just to have the series. I only have DMC 2 left at this point. Also four, of course.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
(#69 (permalink))
Old
shadydanielle (Offline)
New to JF

07-29-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Hell yeah! DMC rocks! ^___^

My order of favorites is:

DMC 4, 3, 1, and then 2. It is a pity that the second game in the series was a bad experience for me. I didn't like the look or feel of the game, and Dante seemed simple and one track.

If Part2, was a continuation of 1, it should be taking place before part 4, I would imagine. One of the only reasons I can imagine that the two are not linked, is because DMC2 was so poor, compared to the prequels.
about the timeline of dmc, it goes from 3, 1, 4, 2. It was on one of the sites. I just need to find the link for it
(#70 (permalink))
Old
shadydanielle (Offline)
New to JF

07-29-2008, 09:57 PM

and what movie are you guys talking about?
Hiroyuki Kobayashi said there were no plans for a DMC movie unless if someone from Hollywood contacted him about it. And I doubt anybody from Hollywood would think of doing a good DMC movie because this is America, the most narrow minded country, pretty sure it is.

Devil May Cry 4

Thats where I got some info.

Nero is most definitely part of the family because Dante wanted to keep Yamato in the family, and gave it to Nero, so that's an obvious way to know, but Nero being Dante or Vergil's kid?! EWW for some reason I absolutely HATE that thought. I like the thought of... brother. I was thinking Dante's nephew, but that would be Vergil's kid, which is still, weird. I have a GREAT feeling Nero would be another brother since he IS like Vergil & Dante.

Last edited by shadydanielle : 07-29-2008 at 10:02 PM.