(#241 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-02-2007, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
oh! DMC3 (Devil May Cry3) was the best one so far. The 4th one looks awesome as well. If you know Shino-kun, can you tell me if Vergil is playable? And if so, how do you acquire him?
Oops Kanji-san! I completely forgot about this thread and just saw this message... Sorry

Vergil isn't playable in the ordinary DMC3 games. DMC3 came out with a special edition where Vergil is also a character. However, even in the special edition, you need to defeat the game with Dante first before being allowed to choose vergil as your character.

Interestingly, while Dante had many styles (Trickster, Gunslinger, etc.) Vergil has only one style called "Darkslayer". Vergil has no guns (obviously) but he can summon swords and the number of swords you summon can be upgraded based on red orbs (just like you upgrade Dante's guns).

Vergil also carries all his weapons all the time so there is no question of seeking out a statue to replace weapons. Vergil only has a fixed set of weapons that are non-replacable throughout. However, the weapons he has are cool enough to whip anyones behind in the game (Dante included ). Vergil carries yamato, beowulf and Force Edge (Sparda's sword that Vergil gets from the demon realm). You cycle through these three using the R2 button as usual.

A lot of special moves exist but they are the ones that you fight against when you play dante, like judgement cut from yamato and others. Its interesting to note that you can also invoke summoned swords to be a shield or to attack your opponent. Doing so however, uses up some of your devil meter.

Its reasonably old by now so you should be able to lay your hands on a used copy for less than 20 bucks. I'd highly recommend you try it because vergil's moves are really powerful and although it takes some getting used to, once you get the hang of it you'll really feel vergil's power. It takes pretty much just half the time to finish off your opponents and the yamato jump cancel moves are pretty good!

Hope that helps and I hope you get a chance to try it

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
(#242 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
04-02-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshiShinomori View Post
Oops Kanji-san! I completely forgot about this thread and just saw this message... Sorry

Vergil isn't playable in the ordinary DMC3 games. DMC3 came out with a special edition where Vergil is also a character. However, even in the special edition, you need to defeat the game with Dante first before being allowed to choose vergil as your character.

Interestingly, while Dante had many styles (Trickster, Gunslinger, etc.) Vergil has only one style called "Darkslayer". Vergil has no guns (obviously) but he can summon swords and the number of swords you summon can be upgraded based on red orbs (just like you upgrade Dante's guns).

Vergil also carries all his weapons all the time so there is no question of seeking out a statue to replace weapons. Vergil only has a fixed set of weapons that are non-replacable throughout. However, the weapons he has are cool enough to whip anyones behind in the game (Dante included ). Vergil carries yamato, beowulf and Force Edge (Sparda's sword that Vergil gets from the demon realm). You cycle through these three using the R2 button as usual.

A lot of special moves exist but they are the ones that you fight against when you play dante, like judgement cut from yamato and others. Its interesting to note that you can also invoke summoned swords to be a shield or to attack your opponent. Doing so however, uses up some of your devil meter.

Its reasonably old by now so you should be able to lay your hands on a used copy for less than 20 bucks. I'd highly recommend you try it because vergil's moves are really powerful and although it takes some getting used to, once you get the hang of it you'll really feel vergil's power. It takes pretty much just half the time to finish off your opponents and the yamato jump cancel moves are pretty good!

Hope that helps and I hope you get a chance to try it
mine must be the special edition then....i can play as vergil

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#243 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-02-2007, 04:39 PM

@DT - Good on you! Vergil's moves are the sweetest!

To keep the thread going, I also wanted to play God of War 2, but its selling at $50 and I'm gonna wait till the price drops... *Sighs*. Another on my wish list is "Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria", but thats selling for about the same price so again, gotta wait for the bait

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
(#244 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
04-02-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshiShinomori View Post
@DT - Good on you! Vergil's moves are the sweetest!

To keep the thread going, I also wanted to play God of War 2, but its selling at $50 and I'm gonna wait till the price drops... *Sighs*. Another on my wish list is "Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria", but thats selling for about the same price so again, gotta wait for the bait
i still have to get the first God of War....*has very few PS2 games*

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#245 (permalink))
Old
EternallySilenced (Offline)
[.Colour.Me.Blood.Red.]

Send a message via MSN to EternallySilenced
04-04-2007, 02:58 PM

Well the FIRST first system was N64 (ZELDA!! Woot)
But for ps2, wii and what not.
Would have to be gamecube.
Currently Im in love with the games Zelda: Twilight Princess and Phantasy Star Online. XD
(#246 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

04-04-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallySilenced View Post
Well the FIRST first system was N64 (ZELDA!! Woot)
But for ps2, wii and what not.
Would have to be gamecube.
Currently Im in love with the games Zelda: Twilight Princess and Phantasy Star Online. XD
o.O are you on Blue Burst? PSO perfection...there's a new free server, but if you have blue burst characters, you have to pay ten dollars to have them transferred over <<

(#247 (permalink))
Old
[.Colour.Me.Blood.Red.]

04-04-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrazor View Post
o.O are you on Blue Burst? PSO perfection...there's a new free server, but if you have blue burst characters, you have to pay ten dollars to have them transferred over <<

o.0 I didnt know that.
Im currently not connected to anything with it.
Which blows.
Where do I get this free server?
(#248 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

04-04-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
o.0 I didnt know that.
Im currently not connected to anything with it.
Which blows.
Where do I get this free server?
Blue Burst is the newest PSO...it's for the PC, so you have to download the program itself (and it requires a cable connection). Eps 1, 2, and an all new BB only ep 4. the free server is...um...well, first i suppose i'd have to link you to the forum, from there you have to talk to Schthack (he runs it)

Pso Server Home

they also have servers for all of the other versions, as well as the new game, PSU (which is REALLY lame, actually,...i have it on PS2, and i liked it at first, but i got bored of the missionbased gameplay, which is NOT what they advertised). I'm dragonrazor on there

(#249 (permalink))
Old
[.Colour.Me.Blood.Red.]

04-04-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrazor View Post
Blue Burst is the newest PSO...it's for the PC, so you have to download the program itself (and it requires a cable connection). Eps 1, 2, and an all new BB only ep 4. the free server is...um...well, first i suppose i'd have to link you to the forum, from there you have to talk to Schthack (he runs it)

Pso Server Home

they also have servers for all of the other versions, as well as the new game, PSU (which is REALLY lame, actually,...i have it on PS2, and i liked it at first, but i got bored of the missionbased gameplay, which is NOT what they advertised). I'm dragonrazor on there
Thanks.
Ill look at it when I get home.
Currently at the libary. >.<
(#250 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

04-04-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Thanks.
Ill look at it when I get home.
Currently at the libary. >.<
heh....i'm working on getting my characters transferred, but my teammates want to use my ST account to acquire weapons and stuff << >> i told them as long as no one's characters or accounts are changed, i'm fine with it