JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-18-2008, 08:37 PM

I still can't find a copy of the 2007 lvl 3 JLPT. Bah, I still haven't made up my mind as to which I should take yet. ^^
(#22 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-24-2008, 01:18 AM

I'm finally registered. I'm going for lvl 3. I just hope I'm not in over my head. ^^;

So, for those taking it, which test site are you going to be at? I'm going to the D.C. one.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

09-28-2008, 07:13 AM

Oh, another question. For those who have taken the lvl 3 JLPT, for the Kanji on the test, was furigana used with it?
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-28-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Oh, another question. For those who have taken the lvl 3 JLPT, for the Kanji on the test, was furigana used with it?
As I haven`t taken the level 3, I can`t say for certain... But in one of the study books I bought back when I was researching level 2 was a "Level 3 and 2" one.
According to it, the Kanji that are used in the test are ones you should know at that level and they will not have furigana. If there is a difficult kanji used that is considered outside the range I assume it will either have furigana or some sort of explanation.

Otherwise, it would sort of defeat the purpose. Especially as a good bit of the test is intended to check your reading of kanji.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
OsakaPapa (Offline)
I <3 Osaka

Send a message via AIM to OsakaPapa
09-30-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
As I haven`t taken the level 3, I can`t say for certain... But in one of the study books I bought back when I was researching level 2 was a "Level 3 and 2" one.
According to it, the Kanji that are used in the test are ones you should know at that level and they will not have furigana. If there is a difficult kanji used that is considered outside the range I assume it will either have furigana or some sort of explanation.

Otherwise, it would sort of defeat the purpose. Especially as a good bit of the test is intended to check your reading of kanji.
You are correct. No furigana for us, Jup

なんでやねん

- Studied in Tokyo for my 2007 Spring Semester. Lived in Ota-ku in the Ontakesan area. Pics can be found on my Facebook. Feel free to add me ^_^
(#26 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

09-30-2008, 08:28 AM

Just a bit of wishful thinking.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-30-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I'm finally registered. I'm going for lvl 3. I just hope I'm not in over my head. ^^;
Good luck with that Jup!

I haven't taken the JPLT test but I'm supposed to be able to complete level three by the end of my school year this year according to my university so can't really help as you seem more senior than I.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

09-30-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Good luck with that Jup!
Thanks. ^_^
Quote:
I haven't taken the JPLT test but I'm supposed to be able to complete level three by the end of my school year this year according to my university so can't really help as you seem more senior than I.
I'm still lower than what I probably should be, though. My eyes swirl over the Kanji. My teacher pulled out an old copy of the 2000 lvl 3 JLPT and we started practicing the reading/grammar/vocab parts. From now until December, she's going to spend part of my lesson going over it. Like she said, the questions will definitely be different, but the material, as in what you have to know for that level, is always the same. I sense strenuous Kanji studying with her from now until December. She already gave me a list of Kanji she wants me to know by next Monday and she wants me to do the entire grammar part of the test by next Monday too so that we can go over it. lol
(#29 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

12-08-2008, 07:12 AM

Okay everyone. Here in the states, the JLPT is over. For those who took this year's, how do you think you did? What level did you take? As mentioned earlier, I took lvl 3. All I can say is... That vocab was uber hard! Listening I think I was so-so with. I actually missed the first listening question because of "misheard" directions. ^^ As for the grammar, that's the only section I felt alright with. Much easier than that vocab section. I think waiting for the results from that test is more nerve-wracking than waiting to see how JET is going to go.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
ChisaChi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2008, 08:27 AM

That's nice of your Japanese teacher to help you out with studying ^_^ Hope you get good news about results and from JET! Although I would think that the latter would be more stressful haha.

I didn't do it this time around, but I'm thinking of trying for 3-kyuu next year to see how I go. I've been really really slack with Japanese this year and need something to push me to try harder.

Question for those who have done it - how hard is level 2 compared to 3? I don't expect to be at that level anytime soon, but as it now appears I won't be applying to JET until 2011 I'm wondering if I'll be able to learn enough Japanese by then to make it in as a CIR. Obviously it depends on how hard you work on it, but does it sound doable for someone not studying full time or spending an extended period of time in Japan?

chisa@flickr - photos
ChiGarden - blog
chisa.deviantart - art + crafts