JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
FukaiBi (Offline)
New to JF

Is It Uncommon For Black People? - 10-04-2008, 04:00 AM

Ok so I am going to Japan (hopefully) with my school and I don't wanna go with just some weird kids from my school...so I asked my friend to go but she doesn't want to go because she's black and she said theres no black people in Japan! I mean is it really that uncommon for a black person to go to Japan? I really need someone I know and trust to be there with me because I would feel weird, but all my friends are black and don't care to see Japan like I do. IS IT REALLY THAT UNCOMMON FOR BLACK PEOPLE TO GO TO JAPAN?!?!

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

The words of Winston Churchill
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

10-04-2008, 04:02 AM

NO IT IS NOT D:

& there is already another thread like this that says so.

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
angelbott (Offline)
WHO ARE YOU!?!?! O.O?

10-04-2008, 04:20 AM

No i don't think so but I do seen in Japan on tbv show some people of black on ways I have my some friends are black who love Japan like I do. (I am white but some people tell me I look like of German yeah I am half german I have dark brown hairs look like black) I hope you get your friends try enjoy in there. ^^

My first language is sign language 'cause I am born deaf and second is English it's hard understand for me sometimes my memory not good for I try writes right story/grammer of english okay? And read them too. So Deal with it.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
FukaiBi (Offline)
New to JF

What's It Called?!? - 10-04-2008, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriko View Post
NO IT IS NOT D:

& there is already another thread like this that says so.
Do you know whats it's called? So I can go read it?!?!

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-04-2008, 04:21 AM

Your friend is pretty naive. I'd suggest she not travel if she's going to be worried about something so trivial now a days.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
FukaiBi (Offline)
New to JF

10-04-2008, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbott View Post
I hope you get your friends try enjoy in there. ^^
Thanx Me 2!! I REALLY WANNA GO!!

(#7 (permalink))
Old
FukaiBi (Offline)
New to JF

10-04-2008, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Your friend is pretty naive. I'd suggest she not travel if she's going to be worried about something so trivial now a days.
U KNOW IF U SAID THAT TO HER FACE IT WOULD BE SO FUNNY!! Cuz thats what I told her (not in so many words) and she got mad.... and said she didn't want to go anyways (i guess it was supposed 2 hurt my feelings) LOL...but yea i still want her to go 2 it would make it 10x more fun!!

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

10-04-2008, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FukaiBi View Post
Do you know whats it's called? So I can go read it?!?!
use the search bar..it should lead you to the thread. ^_^

i hope you find something to convince your friend to go..!!

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
angelbott (Offline)
WHO ARE YOU!?!?! O.O?

10-04-2008, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FukaiBi View Post
Thanx Me 2!! I REALLY WANNA GO!!
you're welcome ^^ Yes I know you want go to Japan (<.< >.> I really love Japan i want move to there XDD) Well if your friends not want go with you what's you doing? =o

My first language is sign language 'cause I am born deaf and second is English it's hard understand for me sometimes my memory not good for I try writes right story/grammer of english okay? And read them too. So Deal with it.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
10-04-2008, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
It's not uncommon, though. I'm black myself, and have had some family say things like, "Don't they hate black people over there?" or "Aren't they prejudiced against black people over there?" It's mostly older relatives though. I can see why they would question it. It's worse enough blacks are considered a minority in the US, but in places like Japan, we're minorities amongst minorities, so if anything, it's a fear issue. Despite what some might say, I would still like to go someday. I've had an interest in Japan way too much for far too long (like Asia in general as a traveling destination).

If my older cousin can live in Thailand, which I admire him for, I can live in or visit Japan. Race be damned!