LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-14-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misericordias View Post
Thank you Dogsbody70. However, not once did I perceive what any of the other people were saying at me were meant to insult me. They were harsh rebukes, I agree, but insults I firmly believe they were not. Nyororin has tremendously helped me in the past, and I don't believe that she would be the type of person to start insulting someone if they did something stupid (like me). I do appreciate what you are doing for me though, Dogsbody. It is not often I run across people on the internet willing to stand up for others.

I am also a dude- you know, just throwing that out there. I should probably change my avatar...naaah.

Edit: I wanted to include a picture of the cat that I so dearly wished to keep.

http://imgur.com/Yf6KH.jpg 

Her name is Yanagi.

PPS. i TOO HAVE great respect for Nyrororin-- I think it was when somebody said the japanese would think badly of gaiijins because of what you had done, and I personally feel that is ridiculous. why should every foreigner be seen as awful because you were irresponsible. You are an individual-- so is everyone else-- so just to slam all foreigners-- because of something that ONE has done-- is absurd and so judgemental.

There are many people who make me mad when they treat children or animals badly. But there are also decent people. we should not generalise should we. You had good advice from most who posted-- I just did not like you being called An awful person. some people could be really hurt and upset by such a vision or view.

You know how you felt-- you posted here-- when others may well have just parted with the cat without asking or risking gettin told off as I told you off.

By the way-- I always jump in where angels fear to tread. afraid although no longer young I still do tend to jump in.

Nice to see the kitten. cheers, Babs inUK.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 10-14-2010 at 08:42 PM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

10-14-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyHisashi View Post
I have agoraphobia, i never went outside, so i started turning to cats. ^^
pretty much the same thing, but in the opposite haha
I am really sorry to hear about your agrophobia. Are you better now I do hope so. So glad the cats helped you. There is something extraordinary about animals isn't there. we cannot have cats because my husband is allergic to them
(#33 (permalink))
Old
curiosityshop (Offline)
New to JF

10-14-2010, 10:59 PM

Perhaps the kitten isn't the real issue? When I was studying for my A level exams in the uk, I had 7 adorable kittens running wild around the house, but I still managed to get good grades at my exams. The next years, the kittens were gone, but I found it really hard to motivate myself to study, to the point where I even resorted to tidying up the house to keep myself from studying, and when i'd tidied up the entire house, I moved on to GARDENING, something I've never done in my life before. I preferred pulling weeds out rather than sitting down and studying. If you get rid of the kitten, then something else will probably crop up to distract you. As someone pointed out before me though, cats live a long time, if you havent settled down yet, it's not a good idea to keep it as it will be harder to find a home for it once it is fully grown.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Misericordias (Offline)
JF Regular

10-15-2010, 12:22 AM

It's true, the kittens were never the problem. I saw myself slowly turning this kitten into a scapegoat for all the stress and problems I was going through. I saw myself doing that and I despised it because I really love this kitten. That is why I had to give it away asap so that I will not end up mistreating my beautiful kitten because of my own failures.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
LillyFields (Offline)
New to JF

10-15-2010, 06:05 AM

I am glad you found a home for the kitten, Misericordias.

It's so much easier to find an owner for them when they are still young and cute.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
10-15-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
Hi Jambo, I spent many years on farms and in stables apart from working with all breeds of dogs.

Maybe farmers are not so keen on pet animals although cats are necessary to keep the vermin down. as wel as the sheepdogs.

My upbringing made me anti Human beings really--- (I am improving in that aspect)so I turned especially to dogs. My latest puppy (affenpinscher) is such a delight and has improved my life a lot because I was very depressed

anyway Jambo Have a good life and career.
Thanks, dogsbody. I wouldn't say I was a farmer. My mum (after spliting with my dad) got together with the original farmer, so, from the town, my sisters and I were moved out to the farm. I have to say its ok. But if I had the choice of farm or city, I'd go for city every time.

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#37 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

10-15-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
Thanks, dogsbody. I wouldn't say I was a farmer. My mum (after spliting with my dad) got together with the original farmer, so, from the town, my sisters and I were moved out to the farm. I have to say its ok. But if I had the choice of farm or city, I'd go for city every time.

No, dear jambo-- I did not mean that you were a farmer-- but living on a farm! Yes, if you were dragged from town to the country because of circumstances out of your control--- --I too was carted around as a kid-- one minute living in London next in isolated villages--Al because I had no family so in many different situations. Farming life can be very lonesome--I canwell understand you preferring city life-- I am fortunate now-- betwixt sea and country-- yet a large town just seven miles away.

I do hope you will find happiness in your life. I sense that you are a kind and thoughtful person.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

10-15-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misericordias View Post
It's true, the kittens were never the problem. I saw myself slowly turning this kitten into a scapegoat for all the stress and problems I was going through. I saw myself doing that and I despised it because I really love this kitten. That is why I had to give it away asap so that I will not end up mistreating my beautiful kitten because of my own failures.
There are some very interesting conversations issuing forth from this situation.

Having to study like crazy-- absorb all those facts-- Is hard going. any distraction must be welcome.

It takes so much self discipline doesn't it?. especially hard in a different country with a different language.

I admire those who do this. A test of character. does walking or running or cycling help at all-- or even having a punch bag? LOL. maybe climbing the nearest mountain because in studying- one really Is having to surmount the crevices and obstacles of great mountains-- it takes courage and determination despite all the concentration necessary to continue.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
10-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
No, dear jambo-- I did not mean that you were a farmer-- but living on a farm! Yes, if you were dragged from town to the country because of circumstances out of your control--- --I too was carted around as a kid-- one minute living in London next in isolated villages--Al because I had no family so in many different situations. Farming life can be very lonesome--I canwell understand you preferring city life-- I am fortunate now-- betwixt sea and country-- yet a large town just seven miles away.

I do hope you will find happiness in your life. I sense that you are a kind and thoughtful person.
Oh, right. No problem, dogsbody. Happiness in life is one of the things I am aiming for and if plans come together, I suspect it will be found. Thank you for the kind comments. You are clearly a kind and thoughtful person yourself.

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)