LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-20-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
こんにちは、

Whats the best shop to buy video games in japan? While I was there I saw many independent retailers with a small range of items that were reasonably priced or big chains like toys r us with a large range but extreme prices.

Any suggestions?
Nyororin is right. For used games I recommend places like Book Off or Hard Off, which carry used items at pretty good prices. Be careful about country codes.
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-20-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Nyororin is right. For used games I recommend places like Book Off or Hard Off, which carry used items at pretty good prices. Be careful about country codes.
I have always found the prices for games at Book Off to be awful. They are usually charging at least 1000 over the market price. I always look, but have never seen a good deal there...

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I have always found the prices for games at Book Off to be awful. They are usually charging at least 1000 over the market price. I always look, but have never seen a good deal there...
Hmmm... interesting. The ones I go to in Hyogo-ken have real steals. 200 yen for old PS1 games... 3-400 yen for PS2 games.
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

08-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Hmmm... interesting. The ones I go to in Hyogo-ken have real steals. 200 yen for old PS1 games... 3-400 yen for PS2 games.
That may be true for really old stuff, but I am thinking of newer games. I regularly see used PS3 and Xbox games there that are almost double what they cost elsewhere... Sometimes even above the average new price. They tend to be one of the worst places to sell used games, so have less a stock of newer games than most everywhere else... And charge way too much for them so tend to accumulate a large stock of really old games. That eventually turns into selling the really old stuff for extremely cheap - what you are likely seeing.

Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-20-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
That may be true for really old stuff, but I am thinking of newer games. I regularly see used PS3 and Xbox games there that are almost double what they cost elsewhere... Sometimes even above the average new price. They tend to be one of the worst places to sell used games, so have less a stock of newer games than most everywhere else... And charge way too much for them so tend to accumulate a large stock of really old games. That eventually turns into selling the really old stuff for extremely cheap - what you are likely seeing.
I have a Japanese PS1, PS2 and Dreamcast, so that's where my attention is focused because I cannot play Japanese PS3, XBox360, Wii games on my American consoles. I guess I just saw the good deals on the grandfather consoles and didn't even look at this-gen or last-gen games.
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-21-2011, 03:02 AM

I think I'm following you on there. I'd really like a used JP PS2 console if i get the chance to aquire one while in japan, plus all the DDR games I can get a hold of!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

08-21-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
I have a Japanese PS1, PS2 and Dreamcast, so that's where my attention is focused because I cannot play Japanese PS3, XBox360, Wii games on my American consoles. I guess I just saw the good deals on the grandfather consoles and didn't even look at this-gen or last-gen games.
Just a heads up - you should be able to play Japanese PS3 games on your American console. PS3 games are not region locked, and that was actually a (somewhat minor, but still important) selling point of the console.

When it comes to the older consoles, there are very few games out that aren't incredibly cheap... And most of those are romance/dating sims, as those don't really need much processing power.

The best game shop out there (in my opinion, at least) is Magical. I thought they were just a local chain, but it looks like they have shops all over Japan.
http://www.imagine-group.jp/magical/index.php

Old
kochouran (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to kochouran
Nyororin - 08-22-2011, 05:37 PM

(^-^*)/コンチャ!
I read your story and I'm happy to find someone who loves Japan just as much as I do. Plus, I love your courage as well ...I'm also very happy to know that I don't have to be a teacher to get on in Japan as well. I'm looking to make as many friends as I possibly can ...my fiance and I are moving to Japan in hopefully 2012. I hope to get to know you better!

Kochouran
(^ _ ^)/~~サヨナラ
Old
TranquillityOfShyness (Offline)
New to JF

09-21-2011, 11:27 PM

Hello, do you know if a "Gaijin" would be accepted into kyudo school in japan?

Last edited by TranquillityOfShyness : 09-21-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old
mrelevenboys (Offline)
New to JF

Talking hi .. i'm 19 .. and i wanna change my life .. live, study or work in soon future - 10-03-2011, 05:17 PM

hey .. my name is A.Rahman and im 19 .. in my 3rd year in Engineering Faculty .. wish to be a Communication Engineer in soon future .. from Egypt

i just know Arabic and English and tryna get some Japanese language course

but i just wanna know if that enough to move my life to Japan
you know .. i wanna know the pillars .. from your exp-eyes in there as you said that you complete a full 9 years in there
just tell me how can i get through .. and what should i prepare myself to

i'm so glaaaaaaaad to find this post >> and i will be pleased if you gemme your knowledge