LinkBack Thread Tools
(#921 (permalink))
Old
Thuglife (Offline)
JF Regular

02-10-2009, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescorpion1 View Post
I'm bored right now so I'm just curious as to who lives in Japan like me.
It's nice to make new friends. So anyone live here or in the Asia area.

Living and teaching in Japan.

Chris English Conversation School in Japan
(#922 (permalink))
Old
chikufu (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to chikufu
Unhappy 02-10-2009, 02:55 PM

I want move in Japan, It's my dream.
But...
1. My parents don't like Japan so they don't want come there with me..
2. I don't have any friends who live in Japan
3.I'm only 13
4.I speak english, little, becouse I live now in Finland,and I have study
english 3 years...
I don't know why my parents "hate" Japan, but it's not fair,
I don't can actualize my dream

Last edited by chikufu : 02-10-2009 at 03:16 PM.
(#923 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-10-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikufu View Post
I want move in Japan, It's my dream.
But...
1. My parents don't like Japan so they don't want come there with me..
2. I don't have any friends who live in Japan
3.I'm only 13
4.I speak english, little, becouse I live now in Finland,and I have study
english 3 years...
I don't know why my parents "hate" Japan, but it's not fair,
I don't can actualize my dream
Wait until you're an adult, then you can go yourself, you won't need your parents to take you.

And maybe then you'll also see the difficulty and cost in moving to a very foreign country, half-way around the world, where you don't know anyone, don't know the language or culture, and need to find a job to support yourself. I think then you might realize why your parents are reluctant to move to Japan.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#924 (permalink))
Old
chikufu (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to chikufu
Smile 02-11-2009, 04:37 PM

Thanks for you
My Mum promise for me, that we go someday to Japan
and I'm so happy for it
(#925 (permalink))
Old
PokemonTrainer (Offline)
JF Regular

02-11-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescorpion1 View Post
I'm bored right now so I'm just curious as to who lives in Japan like me.
It's nice to make new friends. So anyone live here or in the Asia area.
日本からきますか?本当に?

Just call me PokéFan!
My Platinum Team:

Last edited by PokemonTrainer : 02-12-2009 at 10:31 PM.
(#926 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
02-11-2009, 05:22 PM

I couldn't (...rather won't ^^; read all of it (93 pages, ouch!), but I seriously admire you for your perserverance, Nyororin. I've been looking into ways to get to Japan myself, but I also want the real deal. I have a friend who lived there as an English teacher for awhile and he told me to get my degree and a working visa as well. However, after reading I must say I'm inclined to look into alternative routes.

I love English, and I love Japanese. It's obvious which is the rustier of the two, lol. That being said, I want to be able to immerse myself in the language, not speak what I do here all day. If I wanted to speak nothing but English, I'd just stay here in the US, lol.

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))
(#927 (permalink))
Old
AnimeNerd (Offline)
New to JF

o.o - 02-15-2009, 08:17 PM

Hey! Does it cost going to school in Japan?

Live, laugh, try, fail, regret, succeeding, mastering, crying, sadness, and last but not least: Joy.

These are all a few examples of what life has to offer. But in the end, you get experience. Memories you can rely on. Love. Thoughts, like "Hey, I did this and that. Oh, those were the times."

Live life. Don't be afraid. Only YOU can limit yourself!

Think positive,
not negative
(#928 (permalink))
Old
nekomaniac (Offline)
New to JF

02-16-2009, 05:57 PM

hello-I am looking for someone to maybe help me out-(and I lived in Japan in the late 70's and loved it)-I love the Japanese bobtail cat-I got my first one when I lived there (off the Tokyo streets) and my second one just died after 16 years(from an American breeder)-this has always been the breed of choice for me-

Ok-so here's why I have joined this forum-In the states the black bobtail is hard to come by and almost non existent-in Japan black cats are considered lucky and should be easier to obtain -if you are an animal lover you will understand why I want another of theses awesome guys-the street cat is larger than the American type-only problem is felv-I am thinking that JAWS may have a young male-if there is ANYONE you know who would be willing to help me please reply-onegai-shimasu
(#929 (permalink))
Old
nekomaniac (Offline)
New to JF

02-16-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Also - I didn`t just move over here out of the blue. My first trip was 3 months, and it wasn`t living alone (homestay).

If you`re 14, it`s going to be pretty much impossible to find anywhere that will even let you come for a full year - let alone 3. Your best bet for long term is to go with some sort of high school exchange program for a year when you`re 16 to 18. (The seemingly normal range for it) And then work toward university, which will allow you to extend your time.

The big thing is money, as you have to have all school fees plus living costs BEFORE you start. You can`t work and earn it while you`re here.
I just want to post this reply as an older woman -I would LOVE to return to Japan as I had alot of Japanese friends there-to all of you who want to go to Japan-do go!!! But remember-the Japanese culture is way different from our western culture-be open and non critical and learn the language-Japanese style-like Nyorin-if I were to speak with a Japanese person over the phone that person would assume I was Japanese.

IF you learn the language (and that goes for every language) and the culture, you will have experiences a tourist or expat would never have! I can tell you so many wonderful things about the country-and many ways to avoid problems.

When I lived in Tokyo I did not live on a US base-we lived in central Tokyo and my neighbors and landlady were Japanese-my kids learned to play with their Japanese companions and learned the colloquial (sometimes good sometimes bad). I did not associate with other expats because as I learned the language I became well accepted by the Japanese neighbors. I believe in ways Japan has changed since I was there-I still am in contact with my sensei-I studied sumi-e (seriously and not as a thing to take up my time - I have a degree in art) and loved it.

Like the US-Japan has good and bad-when the culture seems so different to you that you just want to turn away-remember-the Japanese have a different belief system than you do- please do NOT hold yourself above them-there is so much to learn if you go! Bonne Chance!
(#930 (permalink))
Old
nekomaniac (Offline)
New to JF

02-16-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuglife View Post
Living and teaching in Japan.

Chris English Conversation School in Japan
PLEASE-read my two submissions on p 93-