LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Gaberdeen (Offline)
僕の名前わGaryです

03-30-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
. There are a lot of positive things in the UK that people seem to blindly ignore - the free health system perhaps? Anyone can get treated, freely, on the NHS. Free schools? Everyone has the right to an education here, and gets it completely free until a certain age. I think some people need to understand how lucky they are to live in a place such as the UK, and stop complaining about stupid issues that mean nothing. Yes the UK is not perfect, nor is anywhere else, but a large majority of the people in the UK have a comfortable lifestyle which a lot of people are not grateful for.
Every country has negative pasts, not just the UK - Observant if not blatantly obvious.

the free health system perhaps? Anyone can get treated, freely, on the NHS - The NHS is an excellent system in the instances where it works and it's funded properly. YES ANYONE can get free medical care and treatment - but in the instance where the people who DO recieve free treatment DON'T pay for it in the form of NI contributions and Income tax - How is it fair that those who don't pay get something for free? The NHS is not some magical panacaea that the UK govt has to use as a moral sledghammer - Japan, Norway and even CUBA's healthcare systems far outshine ours and are funded, run and respected far more than the NHS in this country.

Free schools? Everyone has the right to an education here, and gets it completely free until a certain age - Thats right - state schools are free for the general public. We also have a series of high end private tuition establishments that cater for the elite of society who don't want thier Prince and Princesses sharing a classroom with the likes of you and I. Do you even KNOW how education started in this country or at what point the Proletariat demanded it against the unwillingness of the Bourgeois?

Yes the UK is not perfect, nor is anywhere else, but a large majority of the people in the UK have a comfortable lifestyle which a lot of people are not grateful for - Ha ha ha ha! Your absolutely right! People have very comfortable lifestyles in this country by sitting on thier arse and doing nothing for it - they collect a rent cheque, income and child benefit and they STILL COMPLAIN it isn't enough. On the other side of the coin there's me, who works, pays taxes and fills the public purse - yet when I have an opinion on how I think this country is a shithole, I have to answer to how YOU say I'M not grateful for living here....

Paying for someone elses children...
Paying for someone elses house...
Paying for someone's methadone...
Paying for someone's NHS compensation...
Paying to bail out an ailing high street bank...
Paying for illegal wars...

Of course I'm not grateful for THAT!

You forgot to add social housing - you can get FREE social housing in the UK just by asking for it! Thats right, you don't need to work or anything - tell them you have no home and they will fix you up with a house! If you fall pregnant you get one EVEN FASTER! And if you have MORE children to support - The government pays for them too!

But... sorry.

If you have a job and a wife and a child, we can't help you. It's true, if you have income and a family your treated no better than a dole dosser who wants his giro every fortnight. Social Justice? Like fuck it is.

(#42 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

03-30-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaberdeen View Post
Every country has negative pasts, not just the UK - Observant if not blatantly obvious.

the free health system perhaps? Anyone can get treated, freely, on the NHS - The NHS is an excellent system in the instances where it works and it's funded properly. YES ANYONE can get free medical care and treatment - but in the instance where the people who DO recieve free treatment DON'T pay for it in the form of NI contributions and Income tax - How is it fair that those who don't pay get something for free? The NHS is not some magical panacaea that the UK govt has to use as a moral sledghammer - Japan, Norway and even CUBA's healthcare systems far outshine ours and are funded, run and respected far more than the NHS in this country.

Free schools? Everyone has the right to an education here, and gets it completely free until a certain age - Thats right - state schools are free for the general public. We also have a series of high end private tuition establishments that cater for the elite of society who don't want thier Prince and Princesses sharing a classroom with the likes of you and I. Do you even KNOW how education started in this country or at what point the Proletariat demanded it against the unwillingness of the Bourgeois?

Yes the UK is not perfect, nor is anywhere else, but a large majority of the people in the UK have a comfortable lifestyle which a lot of people are not grateful for - Ha ha ha ha! Your absolutely right! People have very comfortable lifestyles in this country by sitting on thier arse and doing nothing for it - they collect a rent cheque, income and child benefit and they STILL COMPLAIN it isn't enough. On the other side of the coin there's me, who works, pays taxes and fills the public purse - yet when I have an opinion on how I think this country is a shithole, I have to answer to how YOU say I'M not grateful for living here....

Paying for someone elses children...
Paying for someone elses house...
Paying for someone's methadone...
Paying for someone's NHS compensation...
Paying to bail out an ailing high street bank...
Paying for illegal wars...

Of course I'm not grateful for THAT!

You forgot to add social housing - you can get FREE social housing in the UK just by asking for it! Thats right, you don't need to work or anything - tell them you have no home and they will fix you up with a house! If you fall pregnant you get one EVEN FASTER! And if you have MORE children to support - The government pays for them too!

But... sorry.

If you have a job and a wife and a child, we can't help you. It's true, if you have income and a family your treated no better than a dole dosser who wants his giro every fortnight. Social Justice? Like fuck it is.

I have to agree with you on a lot of these issues. My dad works his ass off and the majority of his paycheck gets taken away and given to people who can't be arsed. I was just highlighting what I believe are the positives, and you are highlighting the negatives, which I agree with.

Many girls in my year are getting pregnant, so they get a house and free money. A lot of people left school and are sitting at home living on benefits, while I'm slogging it out in school trying to make something of myself. Both my parents work full time, so I understand your passion about this issue.

The only benefit I whole heartedly agree with is disability benefit, and illness support. And only if the person is seriously ill, not has a little bruise on their ankle for 3 years that causes them 'the inability to work.'

What I'm trying to say is - I agree. However there are countries that are in 1000 times worse situations than ours and we should be grateful for what we do have that is positive.

EDIT - Just to let you know, I study sociology so I know a lot about the education system so I'm not just a random teenager pretending to have opinions.

Last edited by MissMisa : 03-30-2008 at 09:00 AM.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Gaberdeen (Offline)
僕の名前わGaryです

03-30-2008, 09:04 AM

Sorry if I was a little overzealous with the posting - I've spent a great many years debating the UK with my friends and colleagues and they are sick to the back teeth of my gripes with it too!

Some very positive and some very negative. I'm just bias because I've been to a lot of places where I see thier shit getting run better - thats all.

Shouldn't take my comments too seriously, they are after all only my opinions

(#44 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-30-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedirt View Post
Is it still a taboo for Japaneese men or women to date or marry someone that is not Japaneese?
Still?

When was it taboo? 50+ years ago? Considering the volume of international relationships in Japan, I would say "Absolutely Not".
(#45 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

03-30-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaberdeen View Post
Sorry if I was a little overzealous with the posting - I've spent a great many years debating the UK with my friends and colleagues and they are sick to the back teeth of my gripes with it too!

Some very positive and some very negative. I'm just bias because I've been to a lot of places where I see thier shit getting run better - thats all.

Shouldn't take my comments too seriously, they are after all only my opinions
It's fine ^-^ Me and my friends take about this a lot too. The subject of debate at the moment is Education Maintanance Allowance >.<

But I do share some of your opinions, while still having some of my own too ^_^
(#46 (permalink))
Old
QuAtScH (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to QuAtScH
03-30-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I have to agree with you on a lot of these issues. My dad works his ass off and the majority of his paycheck gets taken away and given to people who can't be arsed. I was just highlighting what I believe are the positives, and you are highlighting the negatives, which I agree with.

Many girls in my year are getting pregnant, so they get a house and free money. A lot of people left school and are sitting at home living on benefits, while I'm slogging it out in school trying to make something of myself. Both my parents work full time, so I understand your passion about this issue.

The only benefit I whole heartedly agree with is disability benefit, and illness support. And only if the person is seriously ill, not has a little bruise on their ankle for 3 years that causes them 'the inability to work.'

What I'm trying to say is - I agree. However there are countries that are in 1000 times worse situations than ours and we should be grateful for what we do have that is positive.

EDIT - Just to let you know, I study sociology so I know a lot about the education system so I'm not just a random teenager pretending to have opinions.
i think it will become your choice then.. do you want to be the one who left school with nothing but still get some money from the government... and marked with that status for your whole life or you want to work and study harder to become what you wish to be and the society will also respect you..... it's just a matter of choice... it's your own life so don't look at others'... there is nothing perfect in this world... of course it doesn't feel good for you to work very hard and you still have to pay the tax that will be given to the people who do nothing... but just like what i said... it's your own choice
(#47 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

03-30-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuAtScH View Post
i think it will become your choice then.. do you want to be the one who left school with nothing but still get some money from the government... and marked with that status for your whole life or you want to work and study harder to become what you wish to be and the society will also respect you..... it's just a matter of choice... it's your own life so don't look at others'... there is nothing perfect in this world... of course it doesn't feel good for you to work very hard and you still have to pay the tax that will be given to the people who do nothing... but just like what i said... it's your own choice
Yeah, that's exactly the reason I want to make something of myself. I don't want to feel like a good for nothing useless waste of space - it's just unfortunate that some people are fine with that.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Matley (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Matley
03-30-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
...However there are countries that are in 1000 times worse situations than ours and we should be grateful for what we do have that is positive...
Hi everybody, I read the discussion and I wish to share my 2 cents about the matter.
This is not a complaint, I'll try to be as objective as I can.
I'm from Italy, I live in a country where things have been keeping going worse and worse for about the last 15-20 years (I know there are countries in even worse conditions, but I'll talk about my case).
No need to have a long talk of what I'm pointing at, simply know my country is very close to touch the bottom, there is a visible will above political parties which is driving Italy. If you have any difficulty to trust this, I'll give you the first hint to find out yourself.
In a couple of weeks there will be again elections and we'll see how the people are able to see what's going on, and I feel so uneasy about it.
Italian political parties (the very most of them) are made by criminals (no joke) and still there are people who vote for them, in large numbers.

MissMisa, I think your attitude is very good and will let you move on those things that stop a lot of people. Life maybe wasn't made to be easy to all of us, then what we can do is go on, keep in mind our goal and go through the difficulties. Wish you the best.

About the thread topic, I think diversity is richness, and interracial relationship/marriage is an awesome thing.
For many reasons, but I took enough of your time.
Love,
Mat

- IN MOB WE TRUST -

My trip in Japan - 2007
(#49 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

03-30-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matley View Post
MissMisa, I think your attitude is very good and will let you move on those things that stop a lot of people. Life maybe wasn't made to be easy to all of us, then what we can do is go on, keep in mind our goal and go through the difficulties. Wish you the best.
Thankyou, I also wish you the best, and I hope things work out for you.

In regard to the topic also, I agree that these such relationships are also a positive thing, and people should move on from traditions that say otherwise, in todays modern society ^-^
(#50 (permalink))
Old
lavirosa78 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to lavirosa78 Send a message via Yahoo to lavirosa78
Red face 03-31-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedirt View Post
Is it still a taboo for Japaneese men or women to date or marry someone that is not Japaneese?
An great example to answer your question is here: AM4BW