JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

03-29-2008, 07:24 AM

my japanese mum married my aussie dad like more than 20 years ago...

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

03-29-2008, 08:15 AM

I think it's weird to like someone just because they're Japanese, and sort of aiming to go out with a Japanese person.

I think that you should just go with the flow in relationships! The right one will come along eventually, be it american, british, japanese, korean, chinese etc That should not be a factor when choosing relationships.

Saying that, some people are big on appearance. I'm one of those girls who genuinely doesn't care how a guy looks as long as they are sweet to me and treat me right.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-29-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I think it's weird to like someone just because they're Japanese, and sort of aiming to go out with a Japanese person.

I think that you should just go with the flow in relationships! The right one will come along eventually, be it american, british, japanese, korean, chinese etc That should not be a factor when choosing relationships.

Saying that, some people are big on appearance. I'm one of those girls who genuinely doesn't care how a guy looks as long as they are sweet to me and treat me right.
awwww thats so cute !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#34 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

03-29-2008, 08:20 AM

Well it's the best way to be I think, you end up being with much nicer people and not just self-centered posers >.< [Not that every nice looking male is a self-centered poser]
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Gaberdeen (Offline)
僕の名前わGaryです

03-29-2008, 11:40 AM

"British" - there's a laugh.

Lump a load of dfferent de-colonialized ethinicities on an Island and call the end result 'multiculturalism'. Most of them can't agree on the colour of shite let alone which value system to follow.

Hybrid / bastard / mongrel nation sounds much better to me. I woulldn't mind so much, but feigning to have pride in a country built on rape, slavery, murder theft and torture is as laughable as it is preposterous.

I've said it before; The only difference between this

and this

Is thier legacies in History - written by the victors.

(#36 (permalink))
Old
Genkaku (Offline)
JF Regular

03-29-2008, 12:48 PM

I'm sure interracial relationships aren't as impossible as some are in the southern parts of Northern America.

Ken.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

03-29-2008, 09:08 PM

Every country has negative pasts, not just the UK. There are a lot of positive things in the UK that people seem to blindly ignore - the free health system perhaps? Anyone can get treated, freely, on the NHS. Free schools? Everyone has the right to an education here, and gets it completely free until a certain age. I think some people need to understand how lucky they are to live in a place such as the UK, and stop complaining about stupid issues that mean nothing. Yes the UK is not perfect, nor is anywhere else, but a large majority of the people in the UK have a comfortable lifestyle which a lot of people are not grateful for.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-30-2008, 03:41 AM

I think the main concern my dad's family (Japanese) had with my mum (white) was whether or not she'd assimilate (adopt Japanese mannerisms and show enough respect towards the Japanese culture). Since she did assimilate, my dad's family is very accepting of her.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

03-30-2008, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Every country has negative pasts, not just the UK. There are a lot of positive things in the UK that people seem to blindly ignore - the free health system perhaps? Anyone can get treated, freely, on the NHS. Free schools? Everyone has the right to an education here, and gets it completely free until a certain age. I think some people need to understand how lucky they are to live in a place such as the UK, and stop complaining about stupid issues that mean nothing. Yes the UK is not perfect, nor is anywhere else, but a large majority of the people in the UK have a comfortable lifestyle which a lot of people are not grateful for.

I agree.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

03-30-2008, 05:22 AM

the way i see it is marry who you want it is you're right or date who you want.