JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

05-10-2008, 05:31 AM

Well I've no problem with inter religious dating. For me it never really mattered. I had a Girlfriend that was a Chi'an Bhuddist (I'm a Christian) and she said something that really cleared the air for me.

"True love can happen between different faiths, I understand you way of thinking and accept it, and becouse I love you I can even embrace it. While you may not ever truly beleve in Bhudda the way I do, you know and understand becouse you love me and even if our love dies out you will remember it every time you encounter Bhudda and make the world just a little more unified. And the same applies to me and Christians and it seems that if we can do that then aren't we satisfying both our goals?"

I know it's long and involved but it really...speaks to me.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
05-10-2008, 06:45 AM

Hmmm....Inter-religion....eh?

Well my cousin is catholic and she married a jehovas witness.....his family was against the marriage. She views his religion openly as he does hers.....They don't force their religion on the other....But I can tell you this they've been married for 10 years and decided to let their kids decide which religion to be. They have an 8 and a 4 year old. And sorry I don't know if they married through either religion.

My neighbor is mormon and her husband is baptist and they don't force religion on the other either. But I do know that they decided for their child to be mormon, together.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
05-10-2008, 12:56 PM

Ha ha. I don't know what it's called, but I basically use all different kinds of teachings of different religions rather than stick to one, 'cause I'm not really sure what would be the fully best way for me to go to a decent place in the afterlife, lol.

I may stick to one as I get older and wiser, but for now, I say "agnostic" or "use all" for simplicity. I have no problem that my boyfriend is not christian, though a lot of my friends do. lol But I know him. Rei-kun and Christianity don't seem to mix.

If I do decide to convert to Christianity though, like I've been thinking of sometimes, I won't force it on him, or whoever I partner up with. I believe in freedom of religion. Hell, I won't even go to church. My time with any god or diety is strictly MY TIME :] no loverboy's time, not my kid's time, etc.

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Cyasarin (Offline)
Surfer.Chic [no cold! =D]

Send a message via MSN to Cyasarin Send a message via Yahoo to Cyasarin
05-10-2008, 01:43 PM

Well I have no problem with inter-religion relationships, but personally, I would try to stay away from other religions when it comes to a boyfriend/finance/marriage relationship. I'm just way too fascinated with my own religion, that I'd be talking about it all the time.
I love to bring up the subject of God and I love to quote the bible and stuff with friends and it really does tear people apart if they don't have the same belief. I recently experianced a similar situation. My friend suddenly turned Atheist and then started preaching to me and another friend about how she thought that the idea of God/angels/demons/heaven/hell/etc. was stupid and that conversation just infuriated us and we haven't talked to her since then. So, no I don't think I'd let myself be with anyone that doesn't follow the Christian faith...it'd be a bad idea for someone like me.

+ Summer '08 +
[[cause it's gonna be hot]]
(#35 (permalink))
Old
sweetlolitachii (Offline)
A Cute Kangaroo? Where?!

05-10-2008, 06:19 PM

I think inter religious dating is fine and sometimes it's really good because it gets both people thinking about the different views of religion and beliefs. I'm in a relationship where my boyfriends has different views of religion than me, and unfortunately that turned into a problem. Things are working out though, and we both love each other very much, so we can relate to each other pretty well.

But for some people, dating someone with different beliefs is out of the question. I guess it really depends on the person.

Also, if you want to date someone from a different culture/country, its more likely that that person would have a different perspective on things. =/
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-10-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
I am not atheist and I cannot accept that either.

I cannot believe the Universe would contain such beauty and wonder if we were not meant to find pleasure in it.

What seems senseless to me is being created with the physical means to experience a wide range of pleasures only to dismiss that part of your existence as either senseless or unacceptable.

It is only the pursuit of one's pleasure at the expense other important apects of life, or when it harms others, that should be unacceptable.
You are all lost.I laugh of you all.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Ito (Offline)
<3 Fahad

05-10-2008, 08:21 PM

Well i would be fine with beeing with someone that dont belive the same thing as me as long i can belive what i want to belive.
when i was younger i was a christian but i desided to be an atheist and it was my own choice.

Hugs Ito

i got irc now
find mangas on lurk
my site: http://jennikaisa.hi5.com/
Member in deviantart: ito86
http://13gb.com/pictures/2288/ WTF
protest against facebook!!

(#38 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-10-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
You are all lost.I laugh of you all.
Everyone here has been more than respectful of differing opinons, except for you. Disrepect through ridicule, for the lost or otherwise, makes you the fool, Acidreptile.

From one who every bit a snake (except for the arachnid part), you disgrace the spirit of reptiles.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
05-12-2008, 05:08 PM

The only problem I see is I can't marry in a Catholic church since I'm not baptized nor confirmed Catholic, so they won't let me marry in a church (nor do I wish to). The only people I know with whom I have a close relations are either Catholic or Atheist/Agnostic, so the chances of me marrying a Muslim/Jew/Hindu/Buddhist/etc. are rather low.

Oh by the way, I think I would get baptized and do whatever thing I had to go through in order to be able to do it the Catholic way if it meant a lot to my soon-to-be-husband, so marrying in a church is something I'd do for him

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
05-12-2008, 05:14 PM

I can't marry in a catholic church...either....I'm not "confirmed" but good thing man has a marriage by law thingy....or I'd be at a loss...

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0