JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
wickedspell (Offline)
New to JF

I wanna confess to him how i feel,should i and how?? - 12-30-2008, 02:09 PM

Hi,
I fly to japan very often as a flight attendant. whenever i have a day rest in narita i always go shopping at this mall where a guy i have a crush on works there.
At first i didnt notice him at all. But becoz im a regular customer and always shop a lot from the shop. i became noticable and rememered by the staff,including him.so after a few shopping at the place,he always came to give me a small greet. THEN, i started to notice him more and more.
Eeverytime time i met him in the shop,i managed to have a small talk with him with my poor japanese skill.
You would laugh at me if i tell you that i always walked around in the shop for sooooo long just to be noticed by him ,so that he would come and talk to me.
And i would just shop just to get to be at the register to see him work. i have only 3-5mins each time and that's it.sad,heh?
i have to wait again until my next shopping to get to see him.

i found out that he's a manager(that's why he always gave me little gift and stuffs and treat me special)
i dont know if i think too much. But it seems that he takes care of me more than just a regular customer. Coz he's often stay in his little office. but whenever he noticed me in the shop,he would walk to where i was standing pretending to suddenly see me without expecting and say'ah,konnichiha"
and after that he wouldnt go back into office again until i left the shop.he would always take care of my shopping. i noticed he told his staff"daijoubu desu,yarimasu" something like that

But again maybe i think too much (--!_
Anyway, the problem is,after 4 months of the happending,i told my self that the next time i see him i'll let him know how i feel.
But unfortunately when i finally have a gut to speak, i found out that he's just about to move back to his home town ,be promoted,work at the head quarter and never be back to narita again.
I was so shocked when i heard that,but had to pretend to be calm and told him good luck!
then i walked out of the shop heart broken.
until now i feel so sad,that i was too shy to tell him i like him eventhough i knew that i wont be flying to narita again before he leaves on 15th jan.
it's just anexpected. i was planning that i would confess to him and then if he feels the same,then we go out and maybe i apply to my company to come and stay in japan for a few months to work as a ground staff,etc...
Right now i feel so sad.i can't even swap schedule with anyone to be in narita this New year.i wont get to see him again ,letting him go without him kowing how i feel AT ALL.(TT0
--what can i do?
--can i ask my friend to ask him for an email address??
--or can i write him a letter??
--what you think he's really think about me.
--if he's already have a girl friend and actaully didnt really have any feeling for me,whould he think im a freak sending an email???
--what should i write.i mean plain and basic confession for japanese.
helpppp~~
(#2 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-30-2008, 03:14 PM

The odds are that you are reading too much into his courtesy to a regular customer. But it couldn't hurt to send him a congratulatory card through the company. Nothing personal in it other than your name and the return address though. That way, it is simply a customer thanking him for his service. But if there is any interest, he can follow up.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
wickedspell (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2008, 03:42 PM

Hi TalnSG,
thanks for suggestion!(^^)
yeah,that's what i wasnt sure about. but he leaded me to think so coz he's always, i mean ALWAYS took care of me,and became like a frined rather than a customer. He sometimes siad things like, you wear nice dress today.i like your jacket. when will be in japan again.He even found a stuff i asked for,eventhough the shop doesnt sell them anymore and gave it to me 2 weeks later after i alrady forgotten about it.,etc.
that's why i started to feel there could be something sepcial with his generousity.because other staff never offer me help unless i asked at all.
Too much thinking again? lol
But anyway,i like him a lot.

With my poor japanese, right now,im trying so hard to write a card to him.
You think it would be odd if i write something like「OOさん」のこと好きです。?
Not so sure about the meaning but i heard that from many drama lol
Right now what i wrote is すぐ長野に本社で務めておめでとうございます。
Any correction for me please anyone??
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-30-2008, 04:06 PM

I would write in my native language. If he cannpt read it, he will find someone who can. or you can get someone to put a translation below your your message.

Just keep it friendly, but business like.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedspell View Post
i always walked around in the shop for sooooo long just to be noticed by him ,so that he would come and talk to me.
That lucky bastard.

Quote:
--can i ask my friend to ask him for an email address??
Don't you think it would be kinda weird if your friend asked him for his email. And will she say "Hi, I have a friend who really likes you, wouldn't mind giving your email?" In some way she'd be doing all the hard work.

Quote:
--or can i write him a letter??
Do you know his address?

Quote:
--what can i do?
Well, if you really like him that much you can just take the next plane to Narita and tell straight in the eyes how you feel. But then again, it would be the same as stabbing a knife into your heart after hearing the words "sorry, I have a girlfriend" from him.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
wickedspell (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2008, 04:52 PM

i wish i can fly to narita right now.But i just cant swap my schedule with anyone AT ALL.Everyhitng is fixed for next month;training etc.

My friend can speak japaense quite well,maybe she knows how to ask for an email. but like you said,it's strange,so im telling my friend to wait for now.i'm keeping that as a 2nd plan.

rite now m planning to send a card to the shop address.

To be honest,
it's not that im expecting a YES back from him.
it's just for my self actually.
i just dont wanna regret it later that i let go of a man i finally have a feeling for,without letting him know how i feel about him at all.

If i have to regret after i told him,im fine.
then at least i know i've tried.
right now it bugs me days and nites.i have to say it out.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-30-2008, 04:55 PM

I don't understand. If you know you aren't going to see him again before he changes locations, why didn't you say something the last time you saw him?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SmexAbusingCupcake (Offline)
New to JF

Location: The smallest state in the U.S. GEOGRAPHY LESSON TIME !
Send a message via AIM to SmexAbusingCupcake Send a message via MSN to SmexAbusingCupcake
12-30-2008, 05:02 PM

Chances are he's probably just being friendly. Although you mentioned you'd feel better if you tried, sometimes it's just better to forget about people.

Oh great. Not another newb...
Yeah, I just got this account SOOO
don't make fun of me you booger licking fool !
(#9 (permalink))
Old
wickedspell (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2008, 05:17 PM

it's not easy,you know..
im shy too. I'm never used to confess to a guy,but the opposite way round.lol

i wasnt expecting to hear that he's was leaving so fast.i was shocked.
Plus, my japanese is not that good to speak anything right away.
And we were in a shop with maybe people. Timing was just too bad.
it happened just 4days ago.
that's why right now im regretting and telling my self that i should do something before he leaves on 15th(--!)
(#10 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-30-2008, 05:21 PM

A few people have mentioned this already but it sounds as though you're misinterpreting his courtesy towards his regular clients.

Don't you think you're getting ahead of yourself? You hardly know the guy apart from some small talk in a store environment and lets face it, the Japanese retail workers are real pro's at suppressing themselves in favor of customer satisfaction.

It's just a crush so I'd leave it at that. Out of sight, out of mind.