LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-27-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
These threads are kinda entertaining, but its usually guys asking this about girls. Like I say in there threads, why does a guy from one country or ethnicity have to be different than the other.
One word... CULTURE!!!!

Believe it or not, culture helps define someone! If people really wanna be pedantic and say the crap along the lines of "we're all humans, we're the same blah blah blah", then any study of social life and culture should just be destroyed. A Japanese male is DIFFERENT to a French or German or whatever Male. Take a country in North Africa for example. If a woman tries to make the firsrt move on a man, the woman will get shot down straight away. It's almost guranteed. However, if a woman makes the first move in England say, the man is likely not to be phased at all...

So, its nice and romantic and politically correct or whatever to think that we're all the same in a sense, but just differ because we're individuals, but this isn't reality. Asking for advice about someone because they're Japanese doesn't mean someone is asking what are ALL Japanese like. There are always factors that are common amongst Nationalities!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
02-27-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
One word... CULTURE!!!!

Believe it or not, culture helps define someone! If people really wanna be pedantic and say the crap along the lines of "we're all humans, we're the same blah blah blah", then any study of social life and culture should just be destroyed. A Japanese male is DIFFERENT to a French or German or whatever Male. Take a country in North Africa for example. If a woman tries to make the firsrt move on a man, the woman will get shot down straight away. It's almost guranteed. However, if a woman makes the first move in England say, the man is likely not to be phased at all...

So, its nice and romantic and politically correct or whatever to think that we're all the same in a sense, but just differ because we're individuals, but this isn't reality. Asking for advice about someone because they're Japanese doesn't mean someone is asking what are ALL Japanese like. There are always factors that are common amongst Nationalities!

Yikes those are alot of words, and alot of them make sense but shes not in Northern Africa, nor trying to make a move on a N.African man. So maybe what I was saying applies to countries less strict and flooded with television. Hmm so your saying that (being DIFFERENT) applies to all Japanese men?? Your telling me there all the same none can be influenced by N.America or Europe not even alittle. I think thats crazy, alot of men like different things, I did say that no???

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#23 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-28-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
Yikes those are alot of words, and alot of them make sense but shes not in Northern Africa, nor trying to make a move on a N.African man. So maybe what I was saying applies to countries less strict and flooded with television. Hmm so your saying that (being DIFFERENT) applies to all Japanese men?? Your telling me there all the same none can be influenced by N.America or Europe not even alittle. I think thats crazy, alot of men like different things, I did say that no???
... Japan isn't N.Africa, and it isn't Europe or N.America either. As for the Strict and TV remark, I'll just take it as you have no idea what N.Africa is like. Most people that can afford a home with electricity probably have more channels than any of us westernised ppl. If you just check an apartment block in any north African country, you'll probably see more satelite dishes than there are apartments. As for strictness... It has nothing to do with it being strict. You will not be arrested for behaving like a westerner. You will simply be looked down upon by others because of their Culture!

As for your last part. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking or what you think I said. To put it in simple terms. Yes, everyone is different, but ppl from the same culture are likely to have some similarities. Therefore, someone asking about how a Japanese man would react to something isn't a silly question.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
valerybriz (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to valerybriz Send a message via Skype™ to valerybriz
For experience this is what i think - 04-02-2009, 07:23 PM

I advise you not to say to him and you should manage to not be very affectionate, because they scare it. The Japanese are extremely shy, I thinl that it is better that you try to be gentelly , not with gifts, but knowing what he likes, type of things and to involucrate in them. For them it is difficult to express their feelings, so if you can identify when he is sad, angry or others, and can you give him the necessary words at the right time, I think that he will value it enough. I hope that it can help you!! good louck!! japanese are great peopple...

Looking for Friends!!

月のまじない。<><><><>海は月を愛する
<><><><>月を見て、私を思い出してください。<><><><>
私は月が大好きなんです
(#25 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
04-02-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Same way as any other guy, show him your boobs.

Context? who needs context when theres boobs?
I think, judging the way this girl is asking... she thinks japanese are some kind of abnormal and very different humans from us and that boobs won't work.

@ Juli: Approach him as you normally would with a guy the same race as yours, unless that guy is racist, which I doubt.

Race doesn't count when in love.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
kurezi (Offline)
I like cookies.

04-02-2009, 08:49 PM

Tell him you have a slight crush on him and would like to know him better as a friend. Honesty is the best policy. He'll do one of three things: 1) reject you completely 2) reject you in a polite and indirect manner which is the customary way to go about rejection in Japan, or 3) He'll be delighted and reciprocate your feelings.

Life is too short to *wait* for the perfect moment, so you might as well just go for it and if he opts of number one, you'll know he wasn't a very nice guy to begin with and it wasn't meant to be. The second option wouldn't be bad either; it'll let you know you need to move on and not waste time.