LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
Fr3sh (Offline)
JF Regular

07-09-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
That was mostly a reply to Wingstodiscovery. In honestly don't take that into account (not too much at least, to put a personal example, not long ago a (so called by them) '7' was driving me crazy and there was nothing capable of stopping my obsession).

Also, why don't we stop using reductio ad ridiculum (which you can blame me of using, although I said, it was something happening many times and obviously there are exceptions for everything).
No no...don't worry about it bro. Maybe I wasn't clear on what I said earlier...and it wasn't specifically directed to you either. But what did say is that I mostly agreed with you on everything and the only thing I don't really approve of is the way most dudes (including myself sometimes) "rate" women 1-10.
(#132 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-13-2011, 04:03 AM

There are a lot of great girls out there who are fun, nice, and cute but that doesn't mean I want to date them.

What am I saying? I'm saying connection.

I'm sure we all know a few people who are great looking with great personalities that we just don't "connect" with on that relationship level.

It's rarer to find that "connection". Especially for us nerds! I want to date a nerd girl but they are just sooo elitist...I might just settle for a cheerleader.
(#133 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-14-2011, 10:22 PM

For me it would be personality, always. Not that I don't care about looks, but mostly I don't even feel comfortable in the presence of a very beautiful girl.

Edit:
For the record, there ARE exeptions ofcourse. And with 'not comfortable' I mean 'shy'. And I don't like that.

I know what you're thinking.. Yes, I am inexperienced, but that's because I never wanted a girlfriend in the first place. Maybe sometime.. but anyway, I'll be alright.

Last edited by DragonNL : 07-15-2011 at 07:38 PM.
(#134 (permalink))
Old
Teu (Offline)
New to JF

07-24-2011, 06:45 PM

A good look attracts attention, but personality is essential...
If the girl is very narcissist and boring, I go to home even if she is very beautiful ;P
(#135 (permalink))
Old
SarahChan (Offline)
New to JF

07-28-2011, 07:21 PM

I prefer looks but I'm trying to get over being so shallow. My ex-husband is a model and my other ex (baby's dad) is a personal trainer. However, being a single mom, I have myself and my son to look out for. So I'm looking for someone who will treat both me and my son well. Also, looks haven't worked out for me the last two times, so I think it's time to try something different........LOL.
(#136 (permalink))
Old
Kyouria (Offline)
New to JF

08-07-2011, 04:14 PM

I'm not going to lie~ looks is what attracts me first in a guy. Then personality is what really shines through. If I had a "choice" between an average looking guy with great personality VS a hot looking guy with bad personality, I'd go for the first~ but as you know, personality isn't as black and white as that.
(#137 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

08-09-2011, 01:45 AM

I would be a hypocrite if I don't say I don't get attracted to good looks. I do but it does not mean that I want to be with him immediately.

So I guess it is both for me. It starts with the looks then personality.

But there are times that I get attracted to the personality first rather than the looks, so I guess either way too.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#138 (permalink))
Old
pekmezza (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to pekmezza
08-09-2011, 09:19 PM

66% personality
33% money
1% looks
(#139 (permalink))
Old
OsakaBlue (Offline)
New to JF

08-09-2011, 10:25 PM

I've dated people who were considered 'hideous' (as my friends put it) but mainly due to personality. If we click in a special way then I'll definitely give it a chance. I've also dated people based on looks alone, and they ended very fast. It was almost like competing on who was better looking at the next event we went to. Pretty terrible. This time I went with someone who had the same interests as me (Japan, anime, video games, manga, comics, Magic...nerd/geek basically haha), has a great personality, and was pretty cute. This combination seems to be the most beneficial: looks, personality, common values, traits, and interests.
(#140 (permalink))
Old
30s2mars (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to 30s2mars Send a message via Skype™ to 30s2mars
08-30-2011, 08:59 PM

I'm not going to lie but I think for me it's the attractiveness of a woman (always the eyes too) that reels me in but the personality that makes me stay. (maybe a bit obvious, but wth :-) )

You can only get so far with looks only.