(#61 (permalink))
Old
zero0 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to zero0
12-03-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
What's worse then an arrogant good looking guy is an arrogant idiot who thinks he's good looking (Same thing applies to girls too).
so true
(#62 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-03-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Yes, Japanese men lose their hair, just as they do anywhere in the world. There are many commercials for hair restoration clinics.
oh thanks MM-- I had no idea really. I wonder why many men do lose their hair. If we women also lost our hair we would feel awful I think.

My gr daughter had alopecia for a while-- and was afraid to leave the house--
I wonder if it is hormonal. ?

I thought maybe some men from other countries did not have that problem. I must say I love older men who have a good head of silver hair-- they look so distinguished

Our music conductor has a wonderful head of hair-- I'm sure half of us fancy him because of it-- But his wife always keeps a strict eye on him.

Here's an item on Hair Loss.

Hair Loss and Its Causes -- familydoctor.org

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 12-03-2010 at 09:02 PM.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-03-2010, 08:59 PM

what about men or women who wear glasses?

do you like or not?

These days there are so many designer frames that a good pair can enhance their looks I think.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Natoshin (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Natoshin
12-03-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
ok, generally from experience ino that u shud never assume someone likes u just becoz they act different towards you, there could be a number of reasons for that and not until u hear it from the person themselves should you ever think, yeah they really fancy me. i remember a guy in college who i had the same feeling about and it turned out he had a GF for 6 years at the time, so you need to hear it from them before u come to that conclusion,
- second if a girl says she doesnt like u or has a BF or likes someone else its usually our way of saying we dont want to take it any further sorry
if they were making excuses then more then likely they dont want to take it further
- thridly, i wouldnt ask girls out one after the other becoz the girl world is a very small one and if something happens to one girl (ie she gets asked out by a guy) the rest of them will know within a day or two - news like that spreads like wild fire - and if a girl realises that u have asked out another girl just a few weeks b4 even she will most defo say no, just coz every girl wants to feel like the guy whose asking her out wants her and her alone and not just a GF in general - ie. you keep asking till one says yes and not coz ur mad about them
-if i found out some guy had been asking a few of my friends out b4 me or even other girls that i didnt know and he then came to me i would turn him down for sure even if i was mad about him
-lastly i wouldnt ask the final girl out myself, get a close friend of yours to ask her how she feels about you and if she could ever take it further in general conversation, that saves u any trouble and its just easier,

sorry if the answer was a bit harsh but that just my take on the situation but if the close friends dont become GF's dont fret its usually better to go with an outsider sometimes coz they wont come into the relationship with any pre judgements, hope it helps!
Ahaha its fine if you were a bit harsh cause reality itself is harsh sometime gotta handle whatever.Anyhow the answer you gave me some of the things you said were really useful I'll be sure to remember that but the part about a few weeks then asking another girl, before I stated above for each kinda... 4-5 months apart did i ask them out or such since one,im not desperate,and two, well I know it spreads like a wild fire and i also take the friendship into consideration aswell as their feelings and to be sure if it cant go any further then a friend thats when i finally realize wow it surely wont at all and sadly giveup and yea I guess i shouldnt assume but the thing is the few of them i had a partner in crime or a good friend thats really close to them to find some stuff out for me aswell and thats how i found out they liked me.Though its true if one of them find out a guy(me) had been asking a few of their friends out b4 them that they didnt know and he(me) then came to them of course they would turn me down but like i just said in this post I have a partner in crime/friend to know and such about that.Since all that pulls together thats actually why im asking cause even when they know me,I know they like me,I have a friend to help me find out stuff from them and such it stills ends up in the scenario : No or Rejected.So the last part which gave me advice about having a friend find out those stuff for me wouldnt exactly work cause i actually did it and found out stuff such as they liked me or what not but still get denied.Anyhow the idea of having a friend,and most of the things you told me I kinda already know from experiences. So yea... .
(#65 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-04-2010, 12:56 AM

Do you girls like guys watching yer stuff?

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#66 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-04-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Do you girls like guys watching yer stuff?
What does that even mean? -_-"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
what about men or women who wear glasses?

do you like or not?

These days there are so many designer frames that a good pair can enhance their looks I think.
I love glasses - if they fit the person wearing them that is :'3 My girlfriend wears glasses and she looks adorable.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#67 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
12-04-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
oh thanks MM-- I had no idea really. I wonder why many men do lose their hair. If we women also lost our hair we would feel awful I think.
Men lose their hair due to a gene passed through the mother's line. It affects men because the testosterone turns that gene on and therefore lose that centre portion of their hair we know as reflecting "male pattern baldness." Women usually are not affected with it, even though they are the ones who pass the gene on, because of the high estrogen levels and low testosterone levels in our bodies. Sometimes you will find woman with heightened testosterone levels and they, too, will lose their hair in the same pattern as the men. I have read that 1/3 of women suffer from some level of hair loss but its not noticed in public as women wear well made wigs. I don't know where to qualify that figure but I got it from a wig site. Oh well, I learned most of this from a genetics class back in uni.

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.

(#68 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-04-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
I have no idea if men in other countries lose their hair or not. Anyone know?
It's a LOT less common here (Japan) than in north america, including grey hair, both are much much less common.

I'm balding, but women are all over me here.
Where as back home it was an instant turn off for most women.

I'm considering the fully shaven thing, but I like my beard and I worry it would look stupid with a shaved head. (now i'm buzzed down to 3mm but it's still thin on top)

The cultural difference towards baldness is surprising for me

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
adem940 (Offline)
Paradise Lost

Send a message via MSN to adem940 Send a message via Yahoo to adem940
12-04-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
yeh i was watching the movie 'john tucker must die' yesterday and it was a perfect example of what ive seen - good looking guys treating women like their disposable because they can get pretty much anyone - it makes me seriously angry!
thats why i think a guy who truely loves a girl and stays faithful and cares about the fact that it actually hurts when men treat them like kleenex, is a gem. and ive had the privelage of knowing men like that aswell in my life, but i still cant help going back to the good lookin bad boys!! i hate myself for that!

hmm I see...well, I always think emotion is more important than looking...

(#70 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

12-04-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natoshin View Post
Ahaha its fine if you were a bit harsh cause reality itself is harsh sometime gotta handle whatever.Anyhow the answer you gave me some of the things you said were really useful I'll be sure to remember that but the part about a few weeks then asking another girl, before I stated above for each kinda... 4-5 months apart did i ask them out or such since one,im not desperate,and two, well I know it spreads like a wild fire and i also take the friendship into consideration aswell as their feelings and to be sure if it cant go any further then a friend thats when i finally realize wow it surely wont at all and sadly giveup and yea I guess i shouldnt assume but the thing is the few of them i had a partner in crime or a good friend thats really close to them to find some stuff out for me aswell and thats how i found out they liked me.Though its true if one of them find out a guy(me) had been asking a few of their friends out b4 them that they didnt know and he(me) then came to them of course they would turn me down but like i just said in this post I have a partner in crime/friend to know and such about that.Since all that pulls together thats actually why im asking cause even when they know me,I know they like me,I have a friend to help me find out stuff from them and such it stills ends up in the scenario : No or Rejected.So the last part which gave me advice about having a friend find out those stuff for me wouldnt exactly work cause i actually did it and found out stuff such as they liked me or what not but still get denied.Anyhow the idea of having a friend,and most of the things you told me I kinda already know from experiences. So yea... .
hmmm that is strange, if they say they like you and dont wanna go out with you?? and more then one of them say that i cant understand why myself, i mean if it was one girl - granted ok id believe she was just shy or something - but more then one? hmmmm are u sure your friend is telling the truth and if he is he shud ask them why they wont go out with you if they do like you? maybe they could give u a better explanation then me

Don't make someone a priority....... if your nothing more than an option to them

How can the world end at 2012 when my yogurt expires in 2013?