LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

07-12-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenNanami View Post

Now @ivi0nk3y

I have to disagree with you completely on this (sorry bud ;P)

Light doesnt really start calling himself a god, That is what he's trying to achieve. What he's doing is getting people to understand he has the power over them that are much more powerful. But he's also trying to come off as a "Peaceful" person. By only killing criminals. You also said its in his own mind? then how do you explain Misa-Misa Chan?(i love misa n.n she's so cute) Misa Definitely wasn't a "psycho" she believed he was making the world a better place like he claimed he was doing. Some people just believed he was doing what was right. he started to belive he was a actual God but that eventually became his down fall. He didn't think he could be stopped because it seemed as if no one could stop him! He was more intelligent he was much more cunning and he had the power.
He's trying to come off as a peaceful person? Sure he tries to come off as someone who wouldn't kill an 'innocent' person, but since when does being able to kill anyone make someone peaceful? Later on he kills plenty of people, who are just in his way, whether they are innocent or not.
Secondly he is 'god' in his OWN mind. He says this plenty of times, about how he would like to BE god of the new earth that he will create.
People like Misa, who have been wronged by the criminals that Light is out to kill, look up to Light because it is advantageous for them. He is god to them because of his supernatural ability to kill, nothing more. He gives them that revenge and sense of justice that noone else could, which to them is a godly act. Light is delusioned by his new power during the beginning of the anime and this false self confidence empowers other people to think of him as a supreme being. There are a lot of people who think he is changing the world for the better but that is only because their own thirst for some kindof justice has been served, through Light. The majority of these people are psychos who are out for their own gain and benefit, not anyone elses. Misa is one of these people who are mentally unstable. This can be seen in her dress sense and dolls etc, in her room, during when she is first introduced.
Thirdly, Light can be killed easily and has survived a few times on just luck alone. Besides Ryuk wouldnt wanna kill Light until things got totally out of hand. He's entertainment afterall.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-12-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
He's trying to come off as a peaceful person? Sure he tries to come off as someone who wouldn't kill an 'innocent' person, but since when does being able to kill anyone make someone peaceful? Later on he kills plenty of people, who are just in his way, whether they are innocent or not.
Secondly he is 'god' in his OWN mind. He says this plenty of times, about how he would like to BE god of the new earth that he will create.
People like Misa, who have been wronged by the criminals that Light is out to kill, look up to Light because it is advantageous for them. He is god to them because of his supernatural ability to kill, nothing more. He gives them that revenge and sense of justice that noone else could, which to them is a godly act. Light is delusioned by his new power during the beginning of the anime and this false self confidence empowers other people to think of him as a supreme being. There are a lot of people who think he is changing the world for the better but that is only because their own thirst for some kindof justice has been served, through Light. The majority of these people are psychos who are out for their own gain and benefit, not anyone elses. Misa is one of these people who are mentally unstable. This can be seen in her dress sense and dolls etc, in her room, during when she is first introduced.
Thirdly, Light can be killed easily and has survived a few times on just luck alone. Besides Ryuk wouldnt wanna kill Light until things got totally out of hand. He's entertainment afterall.
I for some reason take offence to the comment about misa >.<

Kira never kills innocent people... He gets innocent people killed but never does the dirty deeds himself!

Definition of Psycho!-

psychotic

adjective
1. characteristic of or suffering from psychosis

noun
1. a person afflicted with psychosis

psychosis (sī-kō'sĭs)
Plural psychoses (sī-kō'sēz)
A mental state caused by psychiatric or organic illness, characterized by a loss of contact with reality and an inability to think rationally. A psychotic person often behaves inappropriately and is incapable of normal social functioning.

Are you saying that because a person likes the color black and because they collect dolls and such that makes them a psycho ? :/

I don't understand what your getting at, that the fact to follow someone you believe to be a god is a psychotic thing to do?? but people everyday do it.

Lets say i like to dress "Goth" and collect Plushies. Does this make me a psycho for being who Iam :/

Please point out the things misa does that points to her having a mental illness

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
Old
LRyuzaki (Offline)
New to JF

07-12-2007, 04:14 AM

Hi all I am new to all this forum stuff. I have been reading this topic for awhile and I think you all are very smart people. Death Note is a personal favorite of mine. It is just so good and I hope to talk to everyone about it.
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-12-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRyuzaki View Post
Hi all I am new to all this forum stuff. I have been reading this topic for awhile and I think you all are very smart people. Death Note is a personal favorite of mine. It is just so good and I hope to talk to everyone about it.
Welcome to the forum ty for saying we r smart that means me too right ?

Feel free to jump in the debate (which has seemed to change a bit from the started topic...) if you want

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

07-12-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenNanami View Post
I for some reason take offence to the comment about misa >.<

Kira never kills innocent people... He gets innocent people killed but never does the dirty deeds himself!

Definition of Psycho!-

psychotic

adjective
1. characteristic of or suffering from psychosis

noun
1. a person afflicted with psychosis

psychosis (sī-kō'sĭs)
Plural psychoses (sī-kō'sēz)
A mental state caused by psychiatric or organic illness, characterized by a loss of contact with reality and an inability to think rationally. A psychotic person often behaves inappropriately and is incapable of normal social functioning.

Are you saying that because a person likes the color black and because they collect dolls and such that makes them a psycho ? :/

I don't understand what your getting at, that the fact to follow someone you believe to be a god is a psychotic thing to do?? but people everyday do it.

Lets say i like to dress "Goth" and collect Plushies. Does this make me a psycho for being who Iam :/

Please point out the things misa does that points to her having a mental illness
No following someone you believe to be a god is not a psychotic thing to do. Following a false-god when knowing full well they are human and that their power is not really THEIR OWN is psychotic. Misa finds out all these things and knows them well before she meets Light. Shes so far into her own fantasy about meeting Kira that she lessens the definition of what a "god" is in her mind and starts believing that Light is indeed god, despite the existence of actual death-gods in front of her face. According to you, that's the hallmark of a normal, sane person?
Also, please don't start the debate about whether wearing black makes someone weird etc. You haven't understood what i'm saying, obviously.
Misa is shown to have cut up dolls with patches etc, pointedly to show that the death of her parents effected her negatively. That negative factor in her life causes the chain of events to occur as they do, in turn making her want to meet Kira. If you disagree with that, then you have also misunderstood the anime.
Also, Kira is the cause of the deaths. Is that supposed to mean he isn't responsible? That's like saying the driver didn't run over the kid.. the car did.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 07-12-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-12-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:

It looks like we have another fan around here. We have been getting many lovers of this series lately. Welcome aboard, and don't be shy, share your wisdom with us as well. By your name I am guessing you are a supporter and fan of L?

QueenNanami and AoshiShinomori are the trouble makers who like to start debates!
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

07-12-2007, 02:47 PM

awww..poopers!!!!........L's cool and all, but Kira kicks @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........why are there so many L fans anyway???..lol
ooh..hey Kanji!!!...guess what!!!..I got Death note manga yesterday!!!!!....lol....now I have to buy the whole series!!!...eeek!!!!..I'll have no money left!!!

IamKira
Old
Near (Offline)
Domo, Unknown-san

Send a message via AIM to Near Send a message via Yahoo to Near
07-12-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
OMG!!!!! *leaps and hugs you and kisses you* I love your name!! And I'm not smart, but L is, yes. *nods* Another L supporter. ^_^ *cheers* DIE KIRA!!! (No, not you silly. *pats Kira*) Oh, and Kira, the bookstore by me is having a manga sale, buy three and get the 4th free! So I shall get Death Note! Yay!! *dances*

Loves ya Aoshi
Love ya Cooly
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

07-12-2007, 04:41 PM

Why do so many people dislike Near? L was awesome and I think he woulda owned Light, but Near and Mello are cool in their own ways.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-12-2007, 07:58 PM

I hate them because they look very similar to girls.

Quote:
Awww You're so lovable. Another L fan yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Light today has dawned on my wooden head.