JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-05-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Eh, where did I ask you why people would change o.o
Anyway the point i'm making is that unless trends change, the people of America are eventually going to repeat mistakes of the past. Since America is a super power, who they vote in obviously effects the rest of the globe.
Sorry...that was Acidreptile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Oh yes but choosing a president on the merit of colour and to appease the rest of the world based on one issue, (the progress America makes on racism) isn't really a healthy way to go about things. I'm sure for that reason, Obama has been trying to show some backbone which is the right way to go about things. There's things I still disagree with him on but as a whole, I guess he is the "much" lesser of two evils
If you think a single American voted for Obama because of his race "to appease the rest of the world" you don't know much about American people.

If you are froma country where minorities have been elected president or prime minister, I can understand not thinking its a big deal, but please don't minimize my statement by even insinuating Americans would choose a minority for president to look nice for other countries. That's just silly.
(#72 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-05-2008, 06:59 PM

Me too i'm afraid that Obama is categorized "Black" and not "Presidential".

But you seem to omit a detail is that in the world in recent years, women (as a minority)for example access to Power (Prime Minister, President ,...)

Personally,my opinion is shared top but I think that we can no longer afford this today to put "labels" on people.
With all problems that we have in the World (Food crisis, Ethnic War ,Petrol....) I think the color of skin (for me there is only one race ..) should longer be subject to discussion, even for religions

(I still recall that almost all religions advocated the same thing .. while you believe in gods or not such is everywhere, we speak now much of Islam because we had now a real communication system\\Internet,Newspaper,Tv...// .. I still recall that the Catholic Church is not "So clean" and had also blood on their hands ..)-->Witch-hunt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or Crusades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We can not minimize this election in U.S. because the American influence is worldwide (minimum economic level) a simple example: The subprime Crisis.

I do not know how its happening in the rest of the world but I know that in France for example (a country record of Taxes ..) every product price increased, banks are no longer confident in people (bank had no money) and the State coffers are empty ..

The election of a new president the United States goes and how it will solve the problems affect us all.------>maybe

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#73 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-05-2008, 09:33 PM

Are women really considered a "minority"?
(#74 (permalink))
Old
XrachelleX (Offline)
i hold it not a sin

06-06-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I'm curious to know what these Muslim ties are and how this is a bad thing.

And there is no way to know whether, or to what degree the media is telling you the truth I suppose... but I wonder..... where are you getting the information from which form your opinion?

As for the God part? I don't believe in God... but I'd like to know how you figure that God favours America over other nations. As far as I understand the Christian God founded Earth and values ALL it's people.
well ill start off saying that the muslim ties could promote the war to a longer and more "dragged out" process. and when i say dragged out, i mean more people could die, and another 9/11 could happen.

and yes, the media can be accountable for brainwashing the younger society. but sorry to say, most people dont reconsider what to do, and who to vote for becuase some think its a waste of time. and most cant peice the peices together from what every news channel says. so thats their fault on their own. you cant blame the media for influencing a large group of people just about equal to the 3 branches of govt.

lastly, some people only say that, because of our anthem" under God" and the "in God we trust" on uor coin money. those people are rather ignorant in my perspective.

THE SHINIGAMI CLAN!
pm me if ya wanna be in it

XrachelleX(miyuki)--the death master
emiluvsjmusic(emi)--the humanity taker
SHELKE17(tears of blood)--the tearing heart
auran(Hiugchi)--the cheer taker
NejimaCrazy(Matser X)-sanity destroyer
shinigami13(nemo)-memory hoader
zachart(domogoto killa)-destroyer of light
jene(angel without wings)-blue eyes dragon
court jester of (_) Boring club (_)

(#75 (permalink))
Old
XrachelleX (Offline)
i hold it not a sin

06-06-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Are women really considered a "minority"?
they were, but now not much. they have the rights of any legal american man. they can vote, and go to school's to get jobs and educations. i dont thinkk women are considered a minority.

and you defently cant say that they are a minority becuase not a single woman has ran for president and made it. its purely because not one had the guts to do so.

THE SHINIGAMI CLAN!
pm me if ya wanna be in it

XrachelleX(miyuki)--the death master
emiluvsjmusic(emi)--the humanity taker
SHELKE17(tears of blood)--the tearing heart
auran(Hiugchi)--the cheer taker
NejimaCrazy(Matser X)-sanity destroyer
shinigami13(nemo)-memory hoader
zachart(domogoto killa)-destroyer of light
jene(angel without wings)-blue eyes dragon
court jester of (_) Boring club (_)

(#76 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
Its in history that during time of war, the American people tend to reelect presidents, but i don't disagree with you ENTIRELY about that fear thing. This war has been long and even though we aren't really seeing effects in America like war activity, they are seeing a lot on their end. It has been ridiculously expensive and our debt has skyrocketed from clinton's time to bush's time, but that spending is inevitable in times of war. Our militia has done a lot over there, a lot. A lot of good things for not only our protection but other countries as well. Terrorism is in all countries and the largest group of terrorists are Muslim fanatics. In the past, there were a lot of 'free countries' or countries with lots of freedom. America is the last one and everyone knows it, you can't deny it. You can't deny America is a country where you can do anything. Its the most desired country to immigrate. That being said, this war is doing a lot of good at an expensive price, but that price is worth it. Its keeping our country free.
President Bush has increased the national debt and spent more many we don't have then all the presidents before him COMBINED. Yes, America is a country where individualism and freedom are treasured. I don't know I would call it the "last" country that has freedom. We sure have lost a lot over the past few years. Is the price worth it? Hmmm...I can barely afford to go to the gas station anymore. I won't give my state of the economy speech again, but I would like to know why we are building schools in Iraq and firing teachers and librarians in America.

Quote:
People say that we shouldn't have gotten into this war from the beginning? realllllyyyy. New York was attacked and thousands of people died. WE had to do something.
So if Mike punches you, do you burn down Paul's house?

There were no Iraqis on the planes that were hijacked in 9/11. They were mostly Saudis. Our allies.

Quote:
If you know Americans, they don't take shit from no one. People from there 40s and up understand this. They saw how things worked from their parents time and from their childhood, especially from World War II. Most of them can understand that what we are doing over there is necessary, because freedom isn't free. Its expensive.
No, most of them don't understand. That's why the "war" is so unpopular. It was a war based on lies fed to us by our elected officials and like lemmings, people followed. Now look at the state of the nation.

Look at us now. People want to leave their country to live in ours. We have the strongest economy, our hands are outstretched everywhere. People think we are in a recession, but more than half of the U.S. population doesn't know what a recession is. Or even what GDP is. Bush and our gov doesn't control gas prices. Its an imported good sold to us by foreign countries. The price is high because they can sell it high and higher. We just can't stop buying gas because the price is too high? gov tax on gas is something like +18 cents at the pump. GAS PRICES ARENT CONTROLLED BY BUSH OR THE GOV.
[/quote]

Tax breaks to oil companies sure are. Record profits. Billions in breaks that could pay the salaries of thousands and thousands and thousands of teachers. Instead you have oil execs getting tens of millions of dollars as CHRISTMAS BONUSES when the school down the street won't have a music program next year. It's called price gouging. The government is supposed to regulate it, and doesn't. Why do you think that is?

People want to come to our county because NAFTA allowed Walmarts to open in Oaxaca putting local people out of business. American companies built factories in Mexico, completly changed local economies, then realized China was cheaper and turned newly affluent communities into ghost towns. So yes, people want to migrate to America so they can work for less than minimum wage so they can actually put food in their mouths.
Quote:

Lastly, Today, the younger generation (like me) are all brainwashed by the media. Wait don't blow up on this. Every single major media station whether it be CNN, FOX, or NBC and all those others including the LA and NY times are owned and controlled by liberals. FACT. look it up. Its so obvious, too. All the media is on Obama and Hilary. My generation watches a lot of TV and are easily influenced through advertising. Politics is all advertising. They are all liars. MTV is ridiculous, they advertise obama and hilarly like every ten minutes. Which reminds me what MMM said earlier. Something like 'obama has muslim ties so they would be less likely to attack us than if mccain were in office.' Im sorry but first can't you see that the muslim group is the one who attacked us in the first place and now your voting for one to be our president? hahahaha. Obama hasn't even had political experience. He's not going to know what to do besides listen to his advisors. Presidents are suppose to know what they are doing. they were originally also suppose to be war generals. Now, why the hell is congress all up in their business saying we have to approve before the president makes any movements on the battlefield. political correctness doesn't work. Muslim groups will have a key contact into the highest standing political figure and power in America. Everyone should be afraid of that. Why would Obama want to pull troops out? because the muslim groups he has ties to are telling him to (telling also consists of bribes on a humngous scale. haha you see his new house?) Whats his middle name again? like hussein or something. hahaha cmon people.

sorry for rant didn't mean to go on hahaha
You are misquoting me. Another right-winger said that if Obama was elected we'd have another 9/11. McCain said that Obama is the favorite candidate of Hamas and other muslim terrorist group. I said "Why would the terrorists attack us if Obama was elected if they love him so much?" basically. I was just pulling two "factoids" from the right-wing scare tactic book to get McCain elected that conflict each other.

You do understand that Obama is a Christian, not a Muslim, right? Don't fall for your party's fear games.

Last edited by MMM : 06-06-2008 at 12:59 AM.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrachelleX View Post
well ill start off saying that the muslim ties could promote the war to a longer and more "dragged out" process. and when i say dragged out, i mean more people could die, and another 9/11 could happen.

and yes, the media can be accountable for brainwashing the younger society. but sorry to say, most people dont reconsider what to do, and who to vote for becuase some think its a waste of time. and most cant peice the peices together from what every news channel says. so thats their fault on their own. you cant blame the media for influencing a large group of people just about equal to the 3 branches of govt.

lastly, some people only say that, because of our anthem" under God" and the "in God we trust" on uor coin money. those people are rather ignorant in my perspective.

What Muslim ties? Obama isn't Muslim
(#78 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

06-06-2008, 01:03 AM

[post deleted]

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON

Last edited by MarkDuff : 06-06-2008 at 01:16 AM.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

06-06-2008, 01:05 AM

Duff dude that is not cool off a bit you know man
(#80 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDuff View Post
this will come off racist but

last I checked a forenter can NOT be eleceted to run this country.....he may not be a forener but he is muslem decendence and last I checked the U.S. is in a war against them.........
Obama is not a foreigner. He is also not Muslim. Here's what he said: "My father was from Kenya. A lot of people in his village were Muslim. He didn't practice Islam. Truth is, he wasn't very religious."

Quote:
and I don;t know about ya'll but;
1.)when your in a war against a race of people and when one comes to the U.S. and wants to run for president you DO NOT elecet them...
We are not in a war against Muslim. Obama isn't Muslim, he's Christian (third time I have posted that this afternoon.)

Quote:
2.)sence he isn't white their is a good chance he will get assinated any way from some redneck >.>
There's is a good chance you'll get cavities, even if you brush your teeth. So why do people brush their teeth.

Honestly, that is the most backward logic I have ever read. As far as assassinations go, more whites have been assassinated than blacks in America, so by your logic there is a better chance that McCain will be assassinated than Obama.
Quote:
3.) what if this guy gets elected and desides to take his revenge for is fgallen commrads wtf are we the people suppost to do when he has the ENTIRE United States army at his disposale?
What fallen comrades?

Quote:
I mean honestly I don't the the people of this country took the time to think about it.....
This post is a goof, right?

Quote:
I mean yeah life is a bitch soo lets not vote for one >.>

Were in a war against this guys race >.>
We are in a war against half-African/half-whites?

When your first line is "this will come off racist but" you can be sure some ignorance is soon to follow.