JapanForum.com  


View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#461 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS's Avatar
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 682
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
08-04-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
Fine I will. I'm not proud to be an American because as an American, we're looked at as bullies and people who look out for themselves. I don't want to be looked upon that way. Plus I'm of color and when you're living in the US, white people tend to make your life worse. Sure I'm in the "Land Of the Free", but it doesn't feel like it. America has all these things wrong with it and yet almost the rest of the world has everything about itself in check already. Being an american is one of the many things I'm not proud of. As for you guys, criticize me all you like. I'm standing by my opinion. And if you do criticize me, remember this: I am entitled to my opinion on this forum. If you state your opinion on JF, I wouldn't drag it down or criticize you. Just remember that in the future.
Sorry, I just saw this. How can you say this when the President is black? I will say it again, Only you can make yourself feel like a victim. Americas biggest problem is that most Americans feel like victims and everyone owes them something for this. A lot of people got mad when Bill Cosby told black people to take responsibility for their lives and to quit blaming their troubles on slavery which ended more than 100 years ago. I think people of all races in America need to be responsible. Look at how many "Trailer Trash" people there are in America these days (BTW, these people live in houses too and not all people who live in trailers are "trash"). They need to be more responsible in not just barely passing in school and getting a job at WalMart, but also getting an education so they don't pass this negative thinking on to their kids or else America will become a Third World country of trailer dwellers.
Signed, The JF racist (according to one)


The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#462 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117's Avatar
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 148
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Arizona
08-04-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Fine I will. I'm not proud to be an American because as an American, we're looked at as bullies and people who look out for themselves.
I read somewhere that you're black and believe there is a social stigma that they hold. Are you not proud to be black because of a reputation you "presumably" hold? Besides, not everyone thinks of Americans like this. I've spent time outside the country (mostly Spanish speaking countries) and not everyone responds negatively to Americans.

Quote:
Plus I'm of color and when you're living in the US, white people tend to make your life worse.
Wow. I have to agree with a previous post of Tenchu's, this sounds a bit racist. Having apparently experienced some type of racism I would assume you don't like stereotypes, but you're using a big one right now. My family has directly expereinced racism (they're hispanic) yet we don't hold a grudge like you apparently do.

Besides, racism exists everywhere. Not only in America. It's a human flaw, not simply an American one.

Quote:
I'm not saying that all white people are racist, just a number of them. A big number.
Wow. This truly blew my mind. I would like to inform you that minorities, including African Americans, are able of racism.

Quote:
They treat us like we're not people, they are unfair to us in the justice system, educational system and in society itself.
I feel as if you're speaking from the recent fiasco that was the Harvard professor... That was some BS. It seems as if you have quite a chip on your shoulder.

Quote:
Two people, a white person and a black person, do the same crimes like robbing a store with a gun. They both get caught. The white guy gets maybe 5 years and is on probation after being released while the black guy gets twice that amount without parole.
It may surprise you, but racism exists in other countries. Instead of giving a hypothetical example, try giving a real one. A recent one.

Quote:
Maybe you should look into that then. It's a thought. From what I've heard from my friend, his brother lives in Japan and they have those types of communities. Your word against his.
Again, this just blew me away. Obviously MMM doesn't know what he's talking about. Clearly those years he's spent in Japan have no meaning whatsoever here.

Yes America is flawed, but what country isn't? I love Colombia despite the huge drug problems currently occurring. Japan clearly has some social issues, yet I am excited for my upcoming trip.

Yet it seems to me you have some fairly unrealistic views of Japan. Hope you have a great time in Wonderland.

Quote:
A lot of people got mad when Bill Cosby told black people to take responsibility for their lives and to quit blaming their troubles on slavery which ended more than 100 years ago. I think people of all races in America need to be responsible.
This.

Quote:
No. She believes America is a white country who stomps all colored people into the ground with their feet after stepping in doggy-doo. Of course, Obama is simply a white based plot cover up...
Obama isn't fully black.
(#463 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu's Avatar
Tenchu (Offline)
-
 
Posts: 997
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: -
08-04-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Obama isn't fully black.
Word out on the street is he's a "full blown pot smokin' *****", holmes...


The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…

Last edited by MMM : 08-04-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: racist term edited
(#464 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117's Avatar
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 148
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Arizona
08-04-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Word out on the street is he's a "full blown pot smokin' *****", holmes...
Meh, I was being sarcastic. But that is actually said quite frequently.

Last edited by MMM : 08-04-2009 at 05:10 PM.
(#465 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG's Avatar
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station
 
Posts: 1,330
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
08-04-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Meh, I was being sarcastic. But that is actually said quite frequently.
Maybe its because I don't hang with white trash, but I have never heard that said and I live in the white, racist, bigoted south and discuss politics with ultra conservative fellow whites frequently.

Just because something is a quote doesn't make it any less offensive - especially the racial epithet Tenchu posted.


Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
*********************
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#466 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117's Avatar
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 148
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Arizona
08-04-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Maybe its because I don't hang with white trash, but I have never heard that said and I live in the white, racist, bigoted south and discuss politics with ultra conservative fellow whites frequently.
I feel for you. You hear all sorts of things on the news and internet forums.

Quote:
Just because something is a quote doesn't make it any less offensive - especially the racial epithet Tenchu posted.
No, it doesn't.
(#467 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin's Avatar
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 4,146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: あま市
Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-04-2009, 04:39 PM

This is turning into a bunch of racism and racist comments...
Let`s quit, okay?


Make the move!
The new Japan Forum Community -
(#468 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu's Avatar
Tenchu (Offline)
-
 
Posts: 997
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: -
08-04-2009, 04:44 PM

What a bunch of oversensative *****.

Seriously, most of us are American, those who arn't belong to its greatest allies; how proud should we all be of our lands if clearly it has taught us not even the first thing about racial acceptence.

Case rested.

North Korea remains dominant.


The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#469 (permalink))
Old
MMM's Avatar
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan
 
Posts: 12,200
Join Date: Jun 2007
08-04-2009, 05:11 PM

The n-word is not allowed in these forums and I edited it out.

Two members were banned yesterday for language. I would hate to see that number grow.
(#470 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu's Avatar
Tenchu (Offline)
-
 
Posts: 997
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: -
08-04-2009, 05:19 PM

Are you talking to me? What about the G-word, or, in my case, the F-word (and that isn't the F-word your father teaches you... it's the ones the "black people" teach you)...

Seriously, you, me and Nyororin are the three bears...


The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6