JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
YoshimiTheEthereal (Offline)
Neo-Nebula

10-31-2009, 04:38 AM

This is insane. I can understand getting upset with the teenagers and demanding that they say things clearly if they want their order, but arresting them is too harsh.

Quote:
"And so, if you say in a beautiful rose there are thorns, in Lareine there is me, and behind that there are these guys (Emiru, Mayu, and Machi)."
~Kamijo
(Kamijo is the beautiful rose and Emiru, Mayu, and Machi are the thorns.)
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-31-2009, 04:50 AM

If you were working at the Burger King drive-thru, would you want do have to deal with these people?

And this is not a Free Speech issue. No Freedom of Speech was violated here.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
10-31-2009, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
this is absolutely asinine... this is exactly why i need to get out of this country... i'm so sick of the insanity.. and the backwards thinking.. and the hypocrisy.. and the lies..

i can't believe the employee had the audacity to claim that she/ he (didn't read it too closely) felt he/ she was in danger... wtf?...
this is a blatant restriction on free speech.. and terrible execution of the law
Oh yea, cause paranoia and bad things only happens in America
(#14 (permalink))
Old
smbx33 (Offline)
90's ジングル

10-31-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you were working at the Burger King drive-thru, would you want do have to deal with these people?

And this is not a Free Speech issue. No Freedom of Speech was violated here.
they werent doing anything wrong....just because the order was not clear doesnt mean that they werent ordering...to feel threated bc of nonsense like that is stupid.

To feel irrated would be a different story.."I called the cops because i was pissed off someone rapped an order and left" Not make up some bs...which is obvious that she did. If the kids where really holding up traffic with their little stunt WHY aren't they showing footage? They have cameras all over the place, one of the kids said that there where NO cars behind them, while the manager says other wise... I'm already on the kids side because the manager looks like a liar.

Harmless prank should not equal that fine they got.....which is as big a speeding ticket wth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
DUH..LOL (J/K)
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-31-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbx33 View Post
they werent doing anything wrong....just because the order was not clear doesnt mean that they werent ordering...to feel threated bc of nonsense like that is stupid.
When you get into line at a drive-thru you are entering into a "social contract". That means you will make a legitimate order in a timely fashion and the order will be delivered to you in a timely fashion with payment.

Anything otherwise is a breech of that social contract, and let the punishment fit the crime.

Let's be clear, no one was arrested. The teens were cited for being obnoxious.

Quote:
To feel irrated would be a different story.."I called the cops because i was pissed off someone rapped an order and left" Not make up some bs...which is obvious that she did. If the kids where really holding up traffic with their little stunt WHY aren't they showing footage? They have cameras all over the place, one of the kids said that there where NO cars behind them, while the manager says other wise... I'm already on the kids side because the manager looks like a liar.
whether or not there were cars behind them does no matter. It sounds like they were given plenty of opportunity to follow the social contract, and continued to choose not to.

Quote:

Harmless prank should not equal that fine they got.....which is as big a speeding ticket wth...
How much was the fine they got? How much time should a drive-thru employee be forced to deal with "harmless pranks"? Let's see some dollars and time-limits.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
smbx33 (Offline)
90's ジングル

10-31-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
When you get into line at a drive-thru you are entering into a "social contract". That means you will make a legitimate order in a timely fashion and the order will be delivered to you in a timely fashion with payment.

Anything otherwise is a breech of that social contract, and let the punishment fit the crime.

Let's be clear, no one was arrested. The teens were cited for being obnoxious.

whether or not there were cars behind them does no matter. It sounds like they were given plenty of opportunity to follow the social contract, and continued to choose not to.

How much was the fine they got? How much time should a drive-thru employee be forced to deal with "harmless pranks"? Let's see some dollars and time-limits.
The McDonalds Owner stated that "It wasn't because of the rapping"
"The employee in question felt that her safety was at risk as a result of the alleged actions of these individuals in the drive-thru, not as a result of them rapping their order," franchisee Conny Kramer said in the statement. "As such, she contacted the local authorities."

So you might be right and they might be in the wrong but WHY are they trying to cover their butts?

And about how much the tickets where...wasn't stated but the officer said u can compare them to the ones you get on a speeding ticket..Here in PA they are about $400 its more in other states..
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-31-2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:
The McDonalds Owner stated that "It wasn't because of the rapping"
"The employee in question felt that her safety was at risk as a result of the alleged actions of these individuals in the drive-thru, not as a result of them rapping their order," franchisee Conny Kramer said in the statement. "As such, she contacted the local authorities."

So you might be right and they might be in the wrong but WHY are they trying to cover their butts?

And about how much the tickets where...wasn't stated but the officer said u can compare them to the ones you get on a speeding ticket..Here in PA they are about $400 its more in other states..
Speeding tickets are $400 in PA? Wow. Where I live it depends on how many miles over the speed limit you went, but it could be as low as $60 or $80 dollars.

It is interesting how the focus here is on the victims. None of us were there, so none of us knows what happened, but if I was a teen in Utah I would expect that I shouldn't be surprised if the authorities are called after playing a prank on a local business.

I look at it and think "kids being stupid" and you look at it as "adults overreacting" and maybe we are both right.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
smbx33 (Offline)
90's ジングル

10-31-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Speeding tickets are $400 in PA? Wow. Where I live it depends on how many miles over the speed limit you went, but it could be as low as $60 or $80 dollars.

It is interesting how the focus here is on the victims. None of us were there, so none of us knows what happened, but if I was a teen in Utah I would expect that I shouldn't be surprised if the authorities are called after playing a prank on a local business.

I look at it and think "kids being stupid" and you look at it as "adults overreacting" and maybe we are both right.
Pff.. 50-60 i get that just on the "added cost"

i got ticket for not stopping completly at the stop sign ran upto almost 200 usd

but yea i put my money on we are both right :P
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

10-31-2009, 01:15 PM

I'd understand if they were arrested for raping their order (such people should be kept away from the society), but rapping at a drive-through...I agree it's kinda silly and annoying, but it's not a reason to call the cops.

Last edited by Aniki : 10-31-2009 at 01:22 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-31-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
Exactly. The kids in Japan are too busy dating their parents to be rapping at a drive thru.