LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Adan (Offline)
New to JF

05-25-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
People who were disappointed with it just miss the point, the mysteries exist just to give a certain feeling to the series. The solution or the reason behind isn't as important as the enigma itself and it's also a way to put the characters in a certain situation and then explore their feelings and reactions, thus developing them.
If they had explained everything it wouldn't be as cool as that, I'm sure of it, it's the same to ask Anno to reveal all of Eva's secrets... It's interesting as long it remains a secret.
Well, I agree and disagree with you. In one part I understand that the mysteries of the island and the passengers needed to stay a mystery, after all, if David Copperfield performs an illusion and reveals the secret of the illusion, much like the masked magician, the mystic is lost. So fine keep those mysteries a secret.
But there are a few "plot points" that needed some sort of resolution. Walt Lloyd for instance, ok we get it, the kid has magical power, but if he is so important (as showed in the 1st ans 2nd season) where is he? I know that we saw Walt off the island when Ben took Locke to visit him, that's not what I mean, what I don't get is if he was so important, why did we not see him again? Why did his importance played no role in the end? Another thing that needed to be told was just does Jacob travel of island and get back to the island?

I don't know, I have enough to go on and on but maybe at another time.

Also, somebody in another forum recommended the movie "Passengers"
Passengers (2008)
(I'm not sure if links are permitted or not. If not, feel free to delete the link
mods)

I just saw it today and I felt cheated, not by the movie but by the show.
This movie came out in 2008 and if Lost fans decide to see it for themselves, they'll know what I mean.
The movie is decent and I assure you that regardless of how you feel about Lost, you'll enjoy this movie. And if TheLastFortnight hasn't seen the Lost series finale, see the movie first.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-26-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
10. Why did Smokey need Locke’s body when there are plenty of corpses around?

There were no corpes that had Locke's sexy eyes.
Perfect answer!

After investing so much viewing time in the show and spending years following these characters no ending could really satisfy me. I'm perfectly okay with leaving some plot lines open but I think they left too many questions unanswered. I wish there could now be a completely sideways story featuring Ben, Locke, Sayid, Jin and Desmond. I'm going to miss those guys.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
username854 (Offline)
New to JF

05-26-2010, 09:13 AM

Great thread!A lot of information!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
05-26-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Totally agree with you. I watched the first half of the first series and just couldn't get into it, it was too slow-paced and convoluted for my liking. After reading the latest spoilers to the final episode I'm glad I didn't stick at it! There's too many unanswered questions, and the whole 'it's really purgatory' angle has been done so much it's nearly cliche as 'it's all a dream'.
I agree. I admit that i tried to get into it, but the plot was just too stupid to be in a show. It should've ended a lot faster!!!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
jrisjerry (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to jrisjerry Send a message via Skype™ to jrisjerry
05-28-2010, 01:32 AM

I only watch the beginning of the show, I was not interested in it.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
syonryoken (Offline)
New to JF

05-28-2010, 07:51 PM

The thing i dont understand is alot of these question were answered long ago dude. If u were watching the show, there should only be a couple question on that list that should be ailing you. I would go into detail about all of them, but im sure lostpedia.com has all those answers for you. I vowed myself not to use lostpedia myself so that i may understand the show and majority of those question can be explained.

I dont think they go into detail about the movement of the island but if you know remotely anything about spacetime and the electromagnetic involvement you should be able to figure that out. Statue was built by Egyptians obviously and it is a Egyptian Goddess of Fertility The Goddess only has four toes in Egyptian mythos. They werent dead on the island; the island was real. It had some link with the afterlife obviously, but it existed. Dharma found the island by photos taken by the Army back in the 1960's. Jacob has used the lighthouse to guide others to the island before. Shouldnt be too hard for you to figure that one out. Seriously though dude if youve been watching this show for this long and u have to ask about the freakin statue then something is wrong. I mean yeah the show is complex, but youre lost on that? Seriously? I dont even know why u liked the show in the first place if such things werent apparent. References to Kirkegaard, Alice and Wonderland, Star Wars, 18th century philosophy, etc, did you not pick up on that? Did you not see the references on Time travel that were etched on the freighter?

I would highly recommend that you go to lostpedia.com if you werent able to pick these things out yourself. You'll be amazed on how deep the show is for one, and you'll probably realize why it ended as it did. No disrespect to you; as a fellow Lost fan, i would love to hear that received the totality of Lost before you judge the ending. If you dont understand even remotely the totality of Lost leading upto the Ending, how the hell can you accurately discuss the validity of the ending?

Thats y i have no clue what half of these ppl are saying on this board. 'I watched lost for 2 season made no sense glad i didnt watch it.' If you watch a third of the show, and that which you watched made no sense to you, how can you judge the ending? that makes no sense. Think of how dumb most brilliant movies would be if you when off the first 20 mins then the end? Please; dont be ridiculous. Especially when its a show that was BUILT for a 6 season series. Majority of TV series go from season to season, ergo are episodic than lost. They dont contain the level of depth and cohesion due to the simple fact that they dont know if theyll even continue long enough to explain their reasoning. If you have watched the entire show, gone through Lostpedia.com and are COMPLETELY LOST ( because lostpedia.com doesnt explain everything), then you can say you despised it to your hearts content and i would have no qualms with that. But dont discuss ur disdain for a show you watched for 2 seconds. Especially in the way Lost was created. Next thing i know is youre going to tell me that you didnt realize the Valenzetti Equation, or the smoke monster appearing on every title sequence.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
12-29-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think it will go down as probably one of the best series ever on television. The reason it worked as well as it did was not the story as much as the depth of the characters. There has never been a show like it and it was able to make some daring shifts over its six seasons. Naturally this is all just personal opinion, but I do think now that it is over it is worth giving a look on DVD.
Sure thing. All my teachers at uni find themselves having to mention Lost every now and then cause this show is so great it has everything in it. The plot's so twisted and the characters are all so great and deepley defined. It is the best show ever in the History of Television Shows, without a doubt. I'm in Film Studies, I've had many subjects in scriptwriting and have had to watch many tv series and trust me, Lost is as good as fiction can get on a screen.

Sorry my reply comes in kinda late, I'm the biggest fan and had to share my input on this.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#18 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-29-2010, 11:36 PM

I saw it and I wasn't thrilled with the ending, so, in the words of Mythbusters' Adam Savage, "I reject your reality and substitute my own".
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
12-30-2010, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I saw it and I wasn't thrilled with the ending, so, in the words of Mythbusters' Adam Savage, "I reject your reality and substitute my own".
Really? I liked how it ended. It's what TheLastFortnight said, the enigma is what kept us going, but letting us know every single answer wouldn't have made the show better. Moreover, I would have been cool with it if season 3 had been the last one. It would've made such a GREAT end. Epic. Most people would have been pissed but so what, it's okay to not reveal every mystery, and that would have been one hell of a way to leave us all wondering. I must say though, the entire 6th season was... a tad bit slow. But I still liked it. Lost has to be analyzed as a whole, and those who quit watching it after the first few episodes or dropped the series after one or two seasons don't get to have an opinion on the whole thing.

Doesn't it happen to you guys that you get all excited when you see one of the characters in other shows? haha xD Like, when I saw Jacob in Dexter I was like, OMG! OMG! It's Jacob! xDDD And everytime he'd appear on the screen I'd be like "Psssh stop calling him Paul, it's Jacob!". And Charlie. Tell me you can actually watch the Lord of the Rings, see Charlie there and be able to think of him as a character other than Charlie. He was my favorite too... RIP Charlie Pace, forver missed <3

Oh by the watch, watch this. Brings me to tears everytime.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#20 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile the show - 12-30-2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
So glad the show ended!!! I could not understand that show for the life of me!! Hated it ever since it came on.
Uhuh. Usually, fans of ultra stupid sitcoms like *friends* or *alf* express hatred towards to LOST.
I guess, they expected to see the same silly faces in the mentioned show as well as idiotic chuckle every fifteen seconds.