JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-19-2008, 03:12 AM

really?
I don't know about the Russian military, but I thought North Korea had the worlds largest miltary, at least thats what I read in the Guennis book of world records.

(#52 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

03-19-2008, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramones1976 View Post
really?
I don't know about the Russian military, but I thought North Korea had the worlds largest miltary, at least thats what I read in the Guennis book of world records.
They have the biggest army but there not as effective as the russian army, if we go to war with korea we have a pretty good chance of winning but if we go into war with russia then we might as well kiss our butts goodbye.
Korea is still testing with dumb bombs unlike russia who have more advanced bombs.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.

Last edited by Hyakushi : 03-19-2008 at 03:22 AM.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

03-19-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
... Why do you think Osama done 9/11 anyway? It was because the military prsence in his home, Saudi Arabia, was being used to attack Muslim nations. 9/11 was retaliation. Whether a bit extreme or not, people should at least know why, and it was coz the US were drawing the first blood, and have been for a long time.
The U.S. also knew about the attack before hand and were going to do consentration camps but the "people" said it was inhuman =/ . Hey Tenchu were you really in the army?

Last edited by Hyakushi : 03-19-2008 at 03:21 AM.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-19-2008, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakushi View Post
They have the biggest army but there not as effective as the russian army, if we go to war with korea we have a pretty good chance of winning but if we go into war with russia then we might as well kiss our butts goodbye.
Oh okay
Well I hope nobody will be going to war...
I guess Russia still has all those nukes and radar guided explosives from that whole arm race during the cold war?

(#55 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

03-19-2008, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramones1976 View Post
Oh okay
Well I hope nobody will be going to war...
I guess Russia still has all those nukes and radar guided explosives from that whole arm race during the cold war?
Yea and plus there just plain crazy they were runner up int the race but they past the U.S. in technology all we have are the same things we used on japan. We haven't went beyond that yet =/

(#56 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
03-19-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakushi View Post
The japanese and U.S. military isn't a strong force, the best and most dangerous is the russian military. They have more advanced weapons than the U.S. which is why we try to avoid any conflict with them.
where exactly are you getting these 'facts' from? The Russians have never had more advanced weapons than the Americans... maybe on par in many cases, but certainly not ahead
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

03-19-2008, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
where exactly are you getting these 'facts' from? The Russians have never had more advanced weapons than the Americans... maybe on par in many cases, but certainly not ahead
I work in weapons its my job to research even now we still use dumb bombs cause many of the newer ones are still incomplete and have a few drawbacks but russia actually has the cordinance down and ready to go.

(#58 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-19-2008, 03:56 AM

Ramones1976: First of all, "faux" does indeed mean "false". However, it is pronounced like "foe", so when you say it out loud, you sound like a complete moron. That aside, personally I like that Fox News is right-wing biased. I think there should be more right-wing biased news networks on the air, in fact. Poor Fox News is up there waving the Conservative banner all alone, standing defiantly against the sea of super-liberal news networks that have owned the airways for the last half-century.

If you want fair and balanced, you have to watch CNN for an hour, then watch Fox News for an hour. That way you get super-liberal and "super"-conservative viewpoints on the same bullshit. Better yet, don't even watch the news. It's all controlled by people who don't give a shit about giving you-the-viewer an accurate report of events, whose sole interest is making money, whose favourite form of self-amusement is sensationalizing something that makes no difference to anyone on the face of the planet and starting a nationwide panic-over-nothing (like global warming, for instance--it's true, but it's way played up).

Actually, I believe Afghanistan was sanctioned by the UN; it was Iraq that the UN was opposed to.

We were neutral for a good long time, actually. Between 1812 and WW1, I don't believe that U.S. was involved in one conflict between European countries. That's more than a century.

The sunday comment was just a joke XP .

So, from my reading, Vietnam was not an officially UN-sanctioned war. However, as the motivation of the war was to halt communism, pretty much everyone in Western Europe was (initally, at least) on our side, even if they couldn't say so. You could argue that the attitude was one of pride, but it was more the restoration of reputation than it was about "we can kick your ass, just you watch".

Anyway, my whole point about the UN was that everyone always complains about US military this-that without thinking about how many of the events they're talking about are really UN actions. The USMC is probably the best fighting force in the world. It would make sense, then, that whenever the UN had a little brush fire to put out that they would ask for US Marines whenever they could. Likewise for Army Rangers, Navy SEALS, etc.

I think Tenchu has a point, though: a lot of the conflict right now is a dick fight. Especially with Iran and N. Korea. I don't wanna say anything about Iraq at the moment 'cause we're there and, well, we're there. Soshite, shikata ga nai.

Ah, Tenchu, I don't suppose you have any links or anything to stories of U.S. bombings in ME between Gulf 1 and 2? I didn't know about that either, so I'd like to read a little about that.

Hyakushi: Where exactly do you work? I thought saw a post from you a couple days ago where you said "come home from school"...????

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

03-19-2008, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post
Hyakushi: Where exactly do you work? I thought saw a post from you a couple days ago where you said "come home from school"...????
Come home from school? where did I say that? right now I'm working in hawaiis naval base pretty soon I might either go to Iraq on tour or go work somewhere in new mexicos marine base but its hard for me to get in cause of that whole rape insident there. I go to school on Fridays and Sundays but thats about it.

(#60 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

03-19-2008, 04:03 AM

some people may feel the same as I do and some may disagree.......but from my stand point in the U.S. Government is that they will try their hardest to throw away ourmoney for some odd reason........I am an American citizen and will stand behnd the government even though they are the ones that will cause the next stock market crash........And sence I come from a family that runs their own business all the government wants is to screw the people out of their money.........but this is from my stand point....

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON
Closed Thread