JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

12-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
It is sickening what atrocities are rationalized in times of war.
Yes...like the Rape of Nanking which Japan refuses to teach to its school children or the Battan Death March.

USN Japan 1985 - 1997, best years of my life.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

12-06-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
last time i checked a nuclear bomb over a whole city killing innocent civilians and destroying future generations that are born there - compared to japanese air force personnel attacking us army personnel (not millions of innocent civilians) theres just no comparison
Last time I checked, Hiroshima was a military Headquarters and Garrison and Nagasaki was a steel works producing military ammunition that made them both legit targets of war.

And how about Japan's bombing of civilians in China and throughout Asia?

(#23 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

12-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
THAT THE WAR ON IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11!!
It had everything to do with 9/11. Osama Bin Laden's 1998 fatwah calling for war against the United States was based in part on the abysmal policy on Iraq waged by then President Bill Clinton and the failed United Nations.

Quote:
First, for over seven years the United States has been occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of places, the Arabian Peninsula, plundering its riches, dictating to its rulers, humiliating its people, terrorizing its neighbors, and turning its bases in the Peninsula into a spearhead through which to fight the neighboring Muslim peoples.

If some people have in the past argued about the fact of the occupation, all the people of the Peninsula have now acknowledged it. The best proof of this is the Americans' continuing aggression against the Iraqi people using the Peninsula as a staging post, even though all its rulers are against their territories being used to that end, but they are helpless.

Second, despite the great devastation inflicted on the Iraqi people by the crusader-Zionist alliance, and despite the huge number of those killed, which has exceeded 1 million... despite all this, the Americans are once against trying to repeat the horrific massacres, as though they are not content with the protracted blockade imposed after the ferocious war or the fragmentation and devastation.

So here they come to annihilate what is left of this people and to humiliate their Muslim neighbors.

Third, if the Americans' aims behind these wars are religious and economic, the aim is also to serve the Jews' petty state and divert attention from its occupation of Jerusalem and murder of Muslims there. The best proof of this is their eagerness to destroy Iraq, the strongest neighboring Arab state, and their endeavor to fragment all the states of the region such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Sudan into paper statelets and through their disunion and weakness to guarantee Israel's survival and the continuation of the brutal crusade occupation of the Peninsula.
Bin Laden used the failed UN and Clinton policy on Iraq to increase his material, financial and manpower coffers for his declared war so yes Iraq was part of the eventual course to 9/11.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-07-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannavy85 View Post
Yes...like the Rape of Nanking which Japan refuses to teach to its school children or the Battan Death March.
I'm not the kind of guy that goes to museums, and I didn't go to school here.
But I have been to a few museums with friends visiting Japan that surprised them and I a lot. They were about the atrocities committed by Japan during it's military control.

The common perspective towards it all by the educated populace of Japan is one of shame for it's history.
The common perspective towards it all by the average populace of Japan is "that was the past, it's not us, we are peaceful now and very happy about that"

In the wake of the recent events involving NK, most people I speak to here say "I'm scared, and I'm glad that Japan is peaceful so I imagine we would only get involved if we absolutely must"
Regardless of whether or not that is true, it's the common opinion, which in terms of culture is what defines a nation more than the actions of it's politicians.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

12-07-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
The common perspective towards it all by the average populace of Japan is "that was the past, it's not us, we are peaceful now and very happy about that"
Hopfully the passage of time will continue to retain that climate through the generations. I just hope they remember just who the victims were, who the aggressors were and why the Hiroshima peace dome is as it is.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

12-07-2010, 04:43 PM

danny, how come most of the sane world believes it was just a cover up? because it is so obvious. if there was a threat of another terrorist attack any normal leader would send in assassins to kill Osama and not start a war were half of the world is dragged in. the oil is the only real reason why anyone is there.
and found what? 2 cars as you say? still the report said there where WMD. so... if this war was legit why the need to falsify the report? BECAUSE ITS NOT!

btw. i love your speech about aggressors - comes from a citizen of a country which has had 10 major wars in 200 years. war in every 20 years - just bombing for "peace".
(#27 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
I'm not the kind of guy that goes to museums, and I didn't go to school here.
But I have been to a few museums with friends visiting Japan that surprised them and I a lot. They were about the atrocities committed by Japan during it's military control.

The common perspective towards it all by the educated populace of Japan is one of shame for it's history.

In the wake of the recent events involving NK, most people I speak to here say "I'm scared, and I'm glad that Japan is peaceful so I imagine we would only get involved if we absolutely must"
Regardless of whether or not that is true, it's the common opinion, which in terms of culture is what defines a nation more than the actions of it's politicians.

I am glad to see that there is some information re the Military Japanese atrocities. Their descendants need to know.

Yes at peace now--but it still demonstrated how the worst comes out of human beings in these wars.

They did not adhere to the Geneva convention-- so abusing those who were in their power

The emperors Uncle was implicated as well as that TOJO-- The military regime was all controlling of its people also.

I have the book SENSO which is a collection of letters sent to the ASAHI SHIMBUM in 1986 from those japanese who were involved in the war as well as the surviving civilians who were fire bombed.

It is well worth reading the book.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

12-07-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
danny, how come most of the sane world believes it was just a cover up?
Who do you define as sane?

Quote:
if there was a threat of another terrorist attack any normal leader would send in assassins to kill Osama
Assassination was declared not a policy of the United States under Jimmy Carter and that policy has not changed. Of course who bungled the many attempts to get Bin Laden during the 1990's? Bill Clinton.

Quote:
and not start a war were half of the world is dragged in.
Excuse me, who started the war?

Quote:
the oil is the only real reason why anyone is there.
Is it? Then why aren't we staying around and turning Iraq into our 51st state?

Quote:
and found what? 2 cars as you say? still the report said there where WMD. so... if this war was legit why the need to falsify the report? BECAUSE ITS NOT!
It was legit. Maybe if Saddam had complied with the UN mandates and not tried to block inspections, move equipment and state publicly that he had these weapons? Perhaps he would have been left alone don't you think?

(#29 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

12-07-2010, 07:22 PM

sane? people who can clearly see the BS thrown at their screens about WMD when oils is all everyone is after.
no 3rd world leader is restarted enough to lunch nukes on strongest military force in the world.
not making into 51st state? well then it would be even more obvious why usa is there. at least now they have the lame excuse of WMD. at least was...
of course he blocked inspections. would you allow Russians to just walk in and check out your military stock?
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-08-2010, 03:26 AM

The terms to end the fighting in 91 were signed by Saddam and part of the conditions were UN Inspectors. ..The moment Saddam threw the UN inspectors out, he broke the terms he signed and thus gave the US full right and authority to invade, by International law. WMD's or not.