JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-08-2010, 10:31 AM

Well, in that case. I love the recent Wikileaks controversies painting the US military bad. It will destroy the US Army and Navy from within.

You don't need a war to destroy the American military. You just need a smart Australian to set up a website to belittle the military.

Truth will set us free from any modern war happened in the past.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

12-08-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
WW2 had been going on for 4 years after Pearl Harbor. 400,000 Americans had died by then. Were the nukes justified? Yes. Japan wasn't going to surrender unless they were shown they had no alternatives. I'm not romaticizeing anything, that's simply how it was..I know it was horrible, the war was brutal. But in war, winning is what matters, because if you loose, the other side dictates how you live.

Hello? there was a massive amount of circumstantial evidence to indicate they had WMD's...Even Saddam's own generals were requesting them because they thought he had them too. All the worlds covert agencies, includeing Russia's, said he had them. We know he was involved with 6 known terror groups...and couldn't risk Bin ladin's group getting ahold of anything.

Can you imagine how the US would consider Bush if Saddam did have nerve agent x and Bin ladin managed to set up a bomb in the US that killed ten's of thousands with it? If you were in that postion..what would you do? Hope he doesn't have anything? or make sure he doesn't?

If someone is holding people hostage, and all your experts tell you he has a gun, you act as though he had a gun. To act otherwise is incompatent.

The President of the US must hold even 1 American life above any foreigner. He swears an oath on it. Truth be told I would hope the leader of any nation held his own people in higher reguard than someone not native to his land. I mean really...should Peyton Manning be more favorable to players on the other team than to his own team mates? That's what it's like with nation states.
are you an AMERICAN?
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

12-18-2010, 06:00 AM

Yes, ex army in fact.

Komitsuki, nothing bad has been shown in those papers, most of them are boreing after action reports. The only thing they show is how professional the American military really is. In fact they come out pretty fine because of it. The only thing anyone was concerned about is revealing names of people who aided us, since the Taliban tends to cut off thier heads. But I guess that's ok since they dared helped the "evil Americans" killing them is fine.

The army and navy prolly suffer more humiliation from who ever loose's the "Army navy" football game.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile profis - 01-02-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Yes, ex army in fact.

Komitsuki, nothing bad has been shown in those papers, most of them are boreing after action reports. The only thing they show is how professional the American military really is. .
Did you mean Iraqi war ?
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

01-05-2011, 05:47 AM

The leaks had info both about Iraq operations and Afganistan. They dont really reveal anything other than names of peeps who helped us, wich I believe is what most folks are worrid about. Most after action reports are dull, you could read hundreds before even a hint of something "inflamitory" showed up.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

01-05-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
The leaks had info both about Iraq operations and Afganistan. They dont really reveal anything other than names of peeps who helped us, wich I believe is what most folks are worrid about. Most after action reports are dull, you could read hundreds before even a hint of something "inflamitory" showed up.
Ummm.... tens of thousands of civilian casualties that they documented?

Ring any bells?
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

01-06-2011, 02:45 AM

So? Most of those were caused by infighting and tribal hatereds that went way back before we were even a nation. The US didn't kill ten's of thousands of civilians, that's bunk. The arabs would probably respect us more if we did, they allways have respected power and those willing to use it more than fancy talkers.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

01-06-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
So? Most of those were caused by infighting and tribal hatereds that went way back before we were even a nation. The US didn't kill ten's of thousands of civilians, that's bunk. The arabs would probably respect us more if we did, they allways have respected power and those willing to use it more than fancy talkers.
I did say documented.

Not to mention that the US was responsible for way more deaths than it let on. Amongst the reports are thousands of incidents of civilians being killed by American forces at checkpoints. But it's not just civilians.. the US killed combatants attempting to surrender as well as unarmed combatants.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Ghap (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-06-2011, 07:47 AM

Its a strange dichotomy that as people we condemn others for the crimes commited in the past.

Yes Japan did do things in the past, but 90% of the people involved are gone.

This is not to say if any particuler crime can be bought to trial "WITH EVIDENCE" should not be punished.

But this whole "pointing finger" thing......there is no government/society/people that if you look into history thats innocent.

I know my society isnt...tbh the British were complete bastards.

Anyway to the point I do not believe a society should be made to repay/appologise or feel bad for the sins of the past
(#40 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-06-2011, 11:04 AM

maybe not relevant to this particular thread but I bought a copy of Hearts and Minds-- it ws focused on the war in VIETNAM-- and quite honestly it was shocking.

These leaders that lie to their countrymen-- a very common thing I know-

but to see those innocent vietnamese people treated in the way they were by the Americans-- Yes we all are capable of terrible crimes.

But how many American troops could happily Napalm the place, stand and set light to the peasants straw homes and much worse. shoot them point blank as if they were just a DOG.

it does not take much to turn us into worse than any animal.

GOD!! Can we ever be forgiven for what we do or did!! All supposedly to fight communism. It is all sick making.

So what the blazes we are doing in IRAQ and Afghanistan I do not know.

War never seems to stop.

I blame propaganda for many of these crimes committed daily.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 01-06-2011 at 11:07 AM.