Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-31-2011, 11:01 PM

Bon voyage!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Update from Japan, we are doing great, having awesome time. Been to kobe, tomorrow will be kyoto, we went to kareoke and onsen. Currently chillin in osaka. Will post loads more later, much love from japan x
(#33 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

06-04-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Update from Japan, we are doing great, having awesome time. Been to kobe, tomorrow will be kyoto, we went to kareoke and onsen. Currently chillin in osaka. Will post loads more later, much love from japan x
If you're not on here it means you're out there having a blast! Enjoy it!
(#34 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

06-04-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
You just went right past my front door

If you get a chance check out Fushimi Inari in Kyoto!

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

06-15-2011, 10:03 PM

Haven't forgotten these ladies.... They should be heading back soon. I bet they had a blast!
(#36 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-16-2011, 12:11 PM

Indeed, we got back a couple of days ago - had the best time of our lives! Have so many stories and pictures and all sorts.

We spent a week in Osaka and I totally loved it, we met some really awesome people, Osaka was so lively and cool and the people (in general) were really nice. We DID have a kind of a bad experience but we managed to get out of it pretty swiftly and laugh about it now xD Just some creepy guys D:

The area was in was kinda shifty but not in a dangerous way, just a lot of host clubs and stuff but that meant we ended up having a ton of random conversations and I've learnt a lot more Japanese. And we ended up getting drunk with a bunch of random Japanese business men and it was HILARIOUS, have some funny pics from that which I'll share once I've sorted through all 700 of them haha.

We went to Kyoto and Kobe~ Kobe was pretty sweet, I liked Kyoto but not as much as Kobe, Kyoto was a lot of walking and my feet were hurting

We also tried an Onsen and the staff were laughing at us I'm sure for having the big towels around us, but we braved it and got over it within seconds and it was really nice~

Tokyo was also cool, has a totally different vibe to Osaka though. We went to Hello Kitty Land, (sanrio puroland), Mt Fuji, Sega land, we looked round places like Harajuku, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Akiba, Ginza and loads of other places. We stayed in Tokoyo Inn and the staff were really nice :3

My case was totally packed by the end and I had to sit on it to make it fit - I bought too many lolita dresses and dropped 32,000 yen on a dress I've wanted for years, was worth it to me anyway. And we bought stupidly expensive Tamagotchi's but hey, even though the little thing is annoying as hell it's still pretty funny Oh and THE ARCADES <3 The arcades were so much win. Deathsmiles was an awesome game, played too much Tekken and wasted loads of 100 yens on claw machines. xD

Went on the Shinkansen which was a sweet experience, oh yeah and the weather was SO WARM, we expected rain but it was lovely the whole time.

Blahh a billion and one things to talk about but I'm sure the coming pics will explain everythig hah~ Thanks for everyone on JF giving us awesome advice, to be honest it prevented me having massive culture shock, I knew a lot of the cultural stuff especially helpful when going to the Onsen and other things, so thank you! I can't wait to return and my heart belongs in Osaka. I'm missing silly little things like Fanta Grape and the little jingles in the train stations ;-;
(#37 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-16-2011, 12:53 PM

The visit itslef is worth congratulating...... Glad that you girls had fun...
(#38 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

06-16-2011, 01:16 PM

Glad to hear you have a terrific time! Can't wait for the photos, if you decide to post them!

Hoping to spend a week in Osaka myself in March, now that I've decided to push up my holiday.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-16-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I'm missing silly little things like Fanta Grape and the little jingles in the train stations ;-;
I LOVE those train jingles! They are one of the things I miss most too, especially now I've had to return to good old British Rail... nothingness. :L
(#40 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

06-16-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
I LOVE those train jingles! They are one of the things I miss most too, especially now I've had to return to good old British Rail... nothingness. :L
I grabbed a few key chains with the sign and the jingle from the station. They are sweet!

Last edited by JohnBraden : 06-16-2011 at 07:40 PM.