JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
05-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadron View Post
this topic really made me laugh at the end of the day

emo or vk, i don't think either of those is a style. it is nothing more than failure of self-expressing. and yes, vk is pure form of emo. as because your visual self-projection is based on your emotions. and emotionally over-expressed ...that is simply emo. same as vk is visually over-expressed cover. i cannot imagine anyone emotionally adult to be willing to wear emo or vk specifically. like why? why would you do that? put down the definition of why do you wear vk? and tell me that it is not emotional lol

noo i just wear vk to ... you know. i don't want to attract, i just feel special in it

yeah of course

ps: goth is emo too
Since when people wear to express their emotions? I thought everybody wears to look cool and to get attention.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

05-03-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Since when people wear to express their emotions? I thought everybody wears to look cool and to get attention.
Aren't you starting a semantic argument?

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
05-04-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Aren't you starting a semantic argument?
Wrong. I merely was stating that no emo guy/girl these days wears because they are emo, they wear like that to get attention.

I've seen rich kids with no depression/whatsoever in life that wears like that.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#114 (permalink))
Old
xHikariXCutenesSXAmex (Offline)
Alice Nine is life

05-09-2010, 02:54 AM

VK jacked glam rock, Emo's jacked VK. It's a circle.

Alice Nine is Life
(#115 (permalink))
Old
HiryuuKi (Offline)
JF Regular

05-15-2010, 10:11 AM

My opinion:

If you have seen real VK, you can easily see the difference between it... Every fasion takes things from some where else... Think about Visual Kei and Oshare Kei, where OK is just like VK, but with colors... Same is it with Emo and Scene too... Emo and Goth can't in anyway be compared, have you seen a true goth, and a true Emo? It's totally different. Adn VK and Emo isn't simillar either. And goth is much older style than VK... What is more simillar if you ask me, is maybe VK and 70's Punk?
And if you dress VK, you will always meet haters, and most people haven't even heard of VK! In Norway, where I live at least, most people doesn't even know what Manga is...

Also, teenagers have always wanted too shock and stand out from grown ups society... It's been like that since... Always! But it just get's harder and harder too shock... I mean in the early 50's, it was enough to have a high pony tail, or large sideburns...
Though it's my opinion...

"If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the Internet."

"This is the Internet, where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents."

Last edited by HiryuuKi : 05-15-2010 at 10:14 AM.
(#116 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-15-2010, 01:47 PM

Visual Kei ain't emo. Emo is sexy and awesome, Emo is just... gay.

I agree though, emos are fucking up the Visual Kei image. If you look at modern VK though, which is more toned down than back in the days, I'd say it's very different from emo.

Look at Miyavi, look at all in Gazette, An Cafe, Girugamesh all those, they don't look emo in any way whatsoever.

If you're talking about yourself personally, then I won't say anything. You're not supposed to dress like Visual Kei artists anyway because they're artists, and you're not.

pz ! <3
(#117 (permalink))
Old
pandayanyan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to pandayanyan Send a message via MSN to pandayanyan
05-15-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
Narrow minded statement.
Everyone steals styles from everywhere. It's inspiration and how they make it/wear it. Heck the high street steals complete looks from the catwalk. What does it matter when fashion transcends cliques?

Get over it.
HAHAA I so agree! just wear what you want.. who cares where it comes from or why other people wear it.
(#118 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to hadron
05-15-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post

i disagree with first statement. people wear to express their emotions. it is quite likely that you just want to look cool in any of your dress, but still it is an emotion (of attraction) even if you put it that simple, and even if it doesn't change in your case, ever.

as of second statement, i don't want to colide with your thoughts although i might find them incorrect, as it wouldn't be a problem of finding the conditions under which i wouldn't like to look cool, or it would not have any mental value for me if i look cool.
(#119 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

05-16-2010, 12:02 PM

I was emo in the 90s. Back when emo looked like this:

The last thing it could be compared to is Visual Kei, especially at the same time period (my look compared to say... Mana).

Today's "emos" are nothing of the sort. Looks a lot like psuedo-goth to me. But what would I know? I started high school.... oh crap. My ten year reunion is coming up. THAT'S going to be fun... Not.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#120 (permalink))
Old
moonychan (Offline)
New to JF

05-17-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
hmm...I always heard emo's stole VK....just made it more depressing and stupid.

(and I only said the last bit for the emo effect, I'm the farthest thing from emo =P)
Is it like that in japan?

丸いちゃん