JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do nonsense Kanji tattoos bother you?
Yes, I find it irritating 37 47.44%
No, I don't mind them. 41 52.56%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
tylersangle88 (Offline)
女, im a girl!

Send a message via AIM to tylersangle88 Send a message via MSN to tylersangle88 Send a message via Yahoo to tylersangle88 Send a message via Skype™ to tylersangle88
03-21-2009, 07:57 PM

well i plan on getting the symbols for life or death on my right shoulder blade. the reason i will be getting it is very personal

[color="Magenta"]There is no better way to die than in ur lovers arms. [/COLOR]
IM THE QUEEN OF CYBER WHORES!!!! ^^ HEHE LOL

Anata Ga Suki!!!
[/size]
(#42 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-21-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersangle88 View Post
well i plan on getting the symbols for life or death on my right shoulder blade. the reason i will be getting it is very personal
How original.

猿も木から落ちる
(#43 (permalink))
Old
tylersangle88 (Offline)
女, im a girl!

Send a message via AIM to tylersangle88 Send a message via MSN to tylersangle88 Send a message via Yahoo to tylersangle88 Send a message via Skype™ to tylersangle88
03-21-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
How original.
im getting it because my friend carlos gave me a necklace with a dog tag on it a week before he died of a heart transplant. on one side of the dog tag it had 2 symbols that mean life or death on it, and on the other it says "Life is a tough place, and it doesnt matter how strong you are. What matters is how many times you can keep getting hit and keep getting up and keep moving forward." So, im getting the symbols with his name underneath as a memorial for him

Anata Ga Suki!!!
[/size]
(#44 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Angry 03-21-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
im getting it because my friend carlos gave me a necklace with a dog tag on it a week before he died of a heart transplant. on one side of the dog tag it had 2 symbols that mean life or death on it, and on the other it says "Life is a tough place, and it doesnt matter how strong you are. What matters is how many times you can keep getting hit and keep getting up and keep moving forward." So, im getting the symbols with his name underneath as a memorial for him
You need a tattoo in order to remember your friend? And you said it was personal, and no one asked.........

猿も木から落ちる
(#45 (permalink))
Old
tylersangle88 (Offline)
女, im a girl!

03-21-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
You need a tattoo in order to remember your friend? And you said it was personal, and no one asked.........
ya well u were being condesending about it. and no i dont need a tattoo to remember him, but it was something i promissed him i would do

Anata Ga Suki!!!
[/size]
(#46 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

03-21-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
ya well u were being condesending about it. and no i dont need a tattoo to remember him, but it was something i promissed him i would do
Oh, I see. So your friend knew he was going to die, and he told you to promise him that you would get a tattoo of life and death on your shoulders in remembrance of him?

I'm not trying to fight or flame anyone at all, I'm just really curious.

猿も木から落ちる
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Alex110390 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Alex110390
03-21-2009, 09:33 PM

well i think a lot people get them because they look better, its more visually pleasing to write something in japanese or chinese than in english, also you can represent a whole word with only one character. i think if the person knows what it means and has a reason for getting it, and they know that the kanji or whatever is correct! then i have no problem with it. someone said it was an abuse of the language if you don't speak it but take miyavi for example, he has the word UN-DO tattooed on him, and yes i realize that he now can mostly speak english but when he got it he was much younger and most likely didn't know english completely.

so that's just my opinion
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Taranee987 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Taranee987 Send a message via Yahoo to Taranee987 Send a message via Skype™ to Taranee987
03-21-2009, 09:59 PM

i have considerd getting a tattoo myself and i really want the "classical" like japanese or chinese characters because i have a great interest in both cultures i'm not sure what characters i'm going to use yet but maybe i deside to design my own!

Are you nice to people they usually are nice back
(#49 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

03-22-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Yeahh, same. I usually don't care at all what people do to themselves. But I don't know why, but just this one thing is like a pet peeve to me,
I understand what you mean. A while back, well in 1999 to be exact, I wanted to get Sailor Mars scrolls that she uses for attacks on my back. My close friend thought it was a good idea & got the same script on her back. I was flabbergasted that she would copy my idea, & at that time it seemed that EVERYONE that I knew got some form of kanji tattoed on themselves. i am now glad that i didnt get it...i dunno something about it seemed like it would be too...how do i put it...not fitting to me...so in other words it would have been as you said "cool to have". & yes i do know people that have got a form of kanji that was plain gibberish...thats what amazes me...

to those that do or already have kanji tattoos, dont take this as an attack! just know what you're going to get & get research on it!

(sorry for the rambling...im drunk...lol...suprise, suprise)

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

03-22-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihiino View Post
I understand what you mean. A while back, well in 1999 to be exact, I wanted to get Sailor Mars scrolls that she uses for attacks on my back. My close friend thought it was a good idea & got the same script on her back. I was flabbergasted that she would copy my idea, & at that time it seemed that EVERYONE that I knew got some form of kanji tattoed on themselves. i am now glad that i didnt get it...i dunno something about it seemed like it would be too...how do i put it...not fitting to me...so in other words it would have been as you said "cool to have". & yes i do know people that have got a form of kanji that was plain gibberish...thats what amazes me...

to those that do or already have kanji tattoos, dont take this as an attack! just know what you're going to get & get research on it!

(sorry for the rambling...im drunk...lol...suprise, suprise)

(thats nice.)

Um....I sometimes care, but that varies.

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.