JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MyuMyuBeriinoni (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to MyuMyuBeriinoni Send a message via Skype™ to MyuMyuBeriinoni
Is Lolita "O.K." For a middle school setting? - 12-10-2008, 05:07 AM

I've tried once. I didn't get in any real trouble, really, at least not with the teachers.... But It was pretty hard to deal with everyone saying "OH-EMM-GEE, You're liek, so emo!" And all those sort of LOVELY comments. *sigh* So, after failing at Gothic Lolita, and not really wanting to try with Sweet Lolita... I figured I'd ask you guys. Do you think Lolita (Specifically Gothic, but any type is fine) is O.K. for a Middle School Setting?

To be honest, the Emo comment also wasn't the only... rude comment. There where many more, calling me a whore, etc. Yeah. That's another reason I wanted to ask you guys.... What do you think? Should I ignore them and try again? Or should I drop it at this? And over all, Is Lolita even appropriate in a 7th grade setting?

Please help me out! Check out this site:
http://helpberriandichigo.piczo.com/...sl=0&st=0&cr=3
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-10-2008, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyuMyuBeriinoni View Post
I've tried once. I didn't get in any real trouble, really, at least not with the teachers.... But It was pretty hard to deal with everyone saying "OH-EMM-GEE, You're liek, so emo!" And all those sort of LOVELY comments. *sigh* So, after failing at Gothic Lolita, and not really wanting to try with Sweet Lolita... I figured I'd ask you guys. Do you think Lolita (Specifically Gothic, but any type is fine) is O.K. for a Middle School Setting?

To be honest, the Emo comment also wasn't the only... rude comment. There where many more, calling me a whore, etc. Yeah. That's another reason I wanted to ask you guys.... What do you think? Should I ignore them and try again? Or should I drop it at this? And over all, Is Lolita even appropriate in a 7th grade setting?
It's tough, but wait until you get to at least high school before dressing in unusual fashions. A lot of middle school kids these days have no respect. I've been called names by kids 5 and 6 years younger than me...wtf? Something is terribly wrong with that age group at this moment, so hold off for now, at least at school.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#3 (permalink))
Old
aznvogue (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to aznvogue Send a message via Yahoo to aznvogue
12-10-2008, 05:50 AM

No...bad idea.

Grow up some more first.Too young for that. Hate to say that but doing that at such a young age.... I think it will only make you a target from older guys who are big time perverts and create unwanted attention from older guys.

Ant

AZNVogue
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
It's tough, but wait until you get to at least high school before dressing in unusual fashions. A lot of middle school kids these days have no respect. I've been called names by kids 5 and 6 years younger than me...wtf? Something is terribly wrong with that age group at this moment, so hold off for now, at least at school.
Ya, Agree. They Are Simply Not Ready. Is Like Giving a Car To a Little Kid; Not Ready For Such Things. Their Minds Are Simply Incapable Taking In New Ideas or Whatnot. So I guess 7th Grade Is Not a Good Idea Practicing Lolita BUT Just To Make This Clear, There Will Always Be Some That Simply Judge and Attempt To Degrade You. It Happens, Maybe In My Own Opinion 'Less' Would Do So. Hope That Helps.

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
12-10-2008, 07:06 AM

unfortunately... i have to agree w/ all the other posters...

just keep in mind that it's not because 'you' fail
it's because everyone else fails >.>''

and i mean that in all seriousness

the typical middle schooler just isn't mature enough to know how to cope with things outside their 'comfort zone'

but, there is also the chance that you might find a fellow loli lover in your school and make a great friend....
but that's just a small chance x]

oh and point of post xD

don't give up on lolita
just lay low for a bit >.>''

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-10-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyuMyuBeriinoni View Post

Your heart is in the right place, but the setting is not. If I were you I would practice sewing, learning lace and other fabrics and make some things.

Sadly, like everyone said, this isn't going to work in middle school. However, the difference between middle school and high school is GIGANTIC.

be patient and get yourself ready.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-10-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznvogue View Post
No...bad idea.

Grow up some more first.Too young for that. Hate to say that but doing that at such a young age.... I think it will only make you a target from older guys who are big time perverts and create unwanted attention from older guys.
^This.

Middle school kids are assholes, you're painting a target on the back of your head, and you could mentally experiment with other fashions whilst waiting to get into high school before donning Lolita attire.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-10-2008, 08:34 AM

Basically, this is the real world. There will be people who will never tolerate you. So either stop caring, or stop trying. I've been spat on, had bricks thrown at me, my mate got his head smashed through a glass door at school, and it all escalated by someone not liking our clothes. If your prepared to deal with it , by all means, but if you aren't then don't bother. If you can't deal with someone calling you an emo then you won't be able to deal with it further down the line.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2008, 03:44 PM

i agree with the posts about middle schoolers being rude about ppl's fashion choices. srsly. i'm in middle school >.<

high school is WAY more accepting, since my sister's going there and she wears CAT EARS and CAT TAILS whenever she wants, which i WANTED to do, but i could tell the day i joined middle school that it was a BAD idea for a pixie to do so >.<

i'd wait till u were in ur last year tho, cuz whenever the eight graders at my school do any crazy outfits, nobody is mean (accept for the ppl of the opposite gender just being goofballs lol)

or just u kno, wear it and tell them that they're just too closed-minded to comprehend the beauty of lolita EDIT: tho, that also might be bad to say that to them...

Last edited by MissHoneyBeeee : 12-10-2008 at 03:50 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-10-2008, 04:14 PM

Just think yourself lucky you dont live in England, once you even step out of line of "the norm" everyone stares at you and starts slinging abuse. I've even seen parents say to their 3 year old kids "call that girl an emo"

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me