JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you openly tell people that you listen to Japanese music?
Yes, it's not something I'm ashamed of. 205 85.42%
Yes, but only to friends. 27 11.25%
No, because people ridicule me for it. 6 2.50%
No, not even to friends. 2 0.83%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Touya (Offline)
JRock Priest/BDay Guru

Send a message via AIM to Touya Send a message via Yahoo to Touya
12-30-2007, 04:51 PM

>thumbs up<

You are allowed to not like Kra, but apologize to Isshi.

Or I tie you down and play his music until you like him.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Fielia (Offline)
Inconspicuous

12-30-2007, 04:57 PM

I can't even remember which japanese band or singer was the first one I heard of. It might have been some j-pop singer. One of the first j-rock bands I heard of were BLOOD, Dir en grey and X Japan. Then came bands like the GazettE, D'espairsRay, Aybie and Plastic tree. The newist japanese band I have heard of is UnsraW.

I listen mostly to Dir en grey, X Japan and MUCC. I have seen only Dir en grey live (twice). MUCC has been to Finland too, several times actually, but I haven't went to their consert, yet. Maybe next time.

It has been about three years now when I first heard of Dir en grey. I heard about it from my friend. I had heard the name Dir en grey earlier, actually, but my friend played their music to me. I thought it was ok, anything special. I kind of forgot the whole band for a while. A couple of months later I listened to Dir en grey again. I liked it much more than in the first time. Later I bought their album, Withering to Death. It was honestly the music that made me love Dir en grey. Not the players. I think that's one of the reasons their music means so lot to me.

The same happened with X Japan and MUCC. I first heard their music, then found about the players.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-30-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touya View Post
>thumbs up<

You are allowed to not like Kra, but apologize to Isshi.

Or I tie you down and play his music until you like him.
Uhm.. Why not just tie me? :''3 -smirk-

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#24 (permalink))
Old
DivineBled (Offline)
Bloody St Elegance

Send a message via Yahoo to DivineBled
12-30-2007, 05:25 PM

What really got my attention about MM is their sound, its so baroque, so classical, so unique. I fell in love with Malice Mizer from that point on.

To listen to D'Narco Revolution:

http://www.myspace.com/dnarcorevolution

To join D'Narco Revolution's fan-club:

http://www.myspace.com/heavenlyhellrenegade

Countdown until D'Narco Revolution 2CD Release:2 months

Countdown to tour: 5 months starting in NY.

Currently: Hanging out with the guys. Working on 2 Additional CD's and 4 Pv's. Packing for Tokyo, leaving for Tokyo Nov. 11,2008
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Touya (Offline)
JRock Priest/BDay Guru

12-31-2007, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
Uhm.. Why not just tie me? :''3 -smirk-
I'm warning you. Apologize to Isshi!
(#26 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-31-2007, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touya View Post
I'm warning you. Apologize to Isshi!
*waits* TIE ME TIE ME!! XD

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#27 (permalink))
Old
ilovedaisuke7 (Offline)
Shwink. XD

12-31-2007, 03:11 AM

DIR EN GREY: Well, my story about this band is weird. I was looking at the featured videos on YouTube, and I saw this girl teaching Japanese Lessons, and I watched, and she said something about 'Dir en grey' in one of her videos, so I looked them up. The First song I heard was 'Saku' it scared me. But for some reason I kept listening to them. And soon I was just hooked, I dunno how it happened. [btw, I love "Saku" now. XD]

Alice Nine: I'm not really sure how I discovered this band. I just saw them on here, then I looked them up, listened to 'Jewels' and I was hooked. But it was mainly the members that really kept me interested in Alice Nine. XD

Miyavi: ToKyObOxRoBoT actually introduced me to Miyavi. I owe her so much! I don't know how I could live without Miyavi in my life. XD The first song I heard was "Selfish Love" Instant love. XD

Antic Cafe: Again, I own ToKyObOxRoBoT for introducing me into this band. First song was "Snow Scene" Omg I was so hooked, I never stopped listening to that song.

-v-NEUWell, I learned about them on here, and I heard 'Honey Bee" and again, instantly hooked. They're so happy! XD

GazettE I heard about them on YouTube, I just looked up Jrock, and I saw the GazettE, and I listened to "Ruder" and I thought they were very unique, and I just kept listening to them.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Touya (Offline)
JRock Priest/BDay Guru

12-31-2007, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
*waits* TIE ME TIE ME!! XD
>Ties up Nan while Yoshi, Sugi, Chacha, Zero and Aki hold off her men<

Muahaha!

Now!

Feel the wraith of Isshi!

>cranks up music<
(#29 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

12-31-2007, 03:44 AM

the first time i saw l'arc en ciel was in their link pv
im not really sure what attracted me to them
i guess it was the sound of the music... and also that they didnt really look like a normal japanese band XDDD

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#30 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-31-2007, 05:52 AM

Ahh, this should be fun to do and I'll only stick with Japanese bands.

Do As Infinity
I don't know why, but I just love the group's style. I like their rock/pop like sound. What really hooked me, even though I'd been listening to the group's music prior, was Shinjitsu no Uta and the PV for that. I really fell in love with their music after that.

I know this group disbanded two years ago, but it'll still remain one of my all-time favorite Japanese bands. I just hate the fact that I couldn't see them perform when in New York back in 2004 because I didn't have the money to go. I visited the week before they got there and I also didn't have a job at the time. You don't know how depressing it was to find out that they wouldn't be coming back to the states since that next year, they announced their disbanding.

move
I love this group!! I love the fact that they're always changing and the combine different types of genre of music at times. I wish I owned more by them. Most of my collections consist of Do As Infinity stuff.

I'd heard three songs prior to the one that hooked me. I got hooked after listening to the group's DOGFIGHT single. I love their rock songs.

MAXIMUM THE HORMONE
My mother considers this group "noise". I just consider them to be extreme! I don't know what I like...I just find them interesting. The song that got me to really like them was Zetsubo Billy, which was used as the second ending theme to Deathnote. I also liked that live performance I saw of the group for What's Up People!

Dreams Come True
This group has been around since 1989, and still going strong. The members of the group are very talented. I just like the group. I just wish I owned something by them instead of just downloaded stuff. The group also has nice live performances. An online buddy pretty much introduced me to the group. My first song I heard by the group was Anata ni Aitakute. Miwa has very nice vocals.

HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
Well, the music for this group is catchy, and I like this group the same way I do Do As Infinity. I'd heard stuff by them earlier on (like Pride), but what really made me like this group was when I was watching Music Bang on AZN channel. The PV they played for it was Ichirin no Hana.

ALI PROJECT
This group's music is kind of dark, imo, and I really like it. Surprisingly, I'm not too big a fan of Shiina Ringo. Anywho, the song I really enjoyed by the group was Mirai no Eve.

Antic Cafe
I just got into this group. They're okay. I like the music a lot...but I'm a bit iffy on the vocals. I guess I just have to get used to them.

BUMP OF CHICKEN
This is an older group too. The music is catchy, I enjoy the vocals, etc. I first got into the group watching that AZN channel we get. The PV was Planetarium. The song that really got me into the group was Arue.

Going Under Ground & Monoral
These groups are nice too. I only put them together since I feel that both are very underrated. They're both nice soft rock groups, imo, and Monoral has very good English. What got me into Going Under Ground was the song Twilight. For Monoral, I listened to one of their albums.

RIZE
Now I like this group because it's sort of like a rock/rap group. The song that got me into them was Vibration and Light Your Fire. I really love these guys, especially the rock aspect of them.

THYME
Now this group is new, so I can only judge them by their one single. Soft rock, for the most part, if it can be classified as such.

Now, honorable mention would go to L'Arc~en~Ciel, Nightmare, and Malice Mizer. I like these bands/groups, but I wouldn't consider them favorites.

Other bands I'd like to check out are: the GazettE, Alice Nine, and S.K.I.N. I really want to check out S.K.I.N, since Gackt, Miyavi, Sugizo, and Yoshiki make up the group. I was never too big a fan of the groups Yoshiki was apart of, but it'll be interesting to hear either way.