LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-19-2008, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdrag0n View Post
supporting her also means telling the truth...whether you want to hear it or not...
There are all kinds of ways to tell the truth. I don't think the kind that scares people away from this site is the best route to take.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Kaminogirl22 (Offline)
JF Regular

02-19-2008, 02:49 PM

that was scary and so sad.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

02-19-2008, 05:55 PM

-_-...

sorry if i unintentionally crushed a little girls dreams. i remember when i was 10 or so i wanted to join the army. my parents denied me first because of health reasons and secondly because coming from my family background, they didnt want me fighting for the US. now im sure the OP is older than 10, and i think she can handle criticism at her age. peoples dreams get shot down all the time, whether it be crazy shit like wanting to join the army or wanting to become a manga artist. all i wanted to do was to try to warn her about her decision. i wanted her to really think it through and be confident about her decision. ive always wanted to move back to my homeland and this year im studying in tokyo to experience what japan is like first-hand. although it should be easier because im japanese, i could never see myself living here. i never wouldve thought this if i hadnt come to tokyo. so my point was that you have to take things slowly. i wouldnt just jump on a plane to live in france or something just because i like french culture. japan is no different.

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#44 (permalink))
Old
typing (Offline)
JF Regular

02-22-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybob View Post
I have to agree with Yinnie here. Japan may seem like the perfect place for you, but remember that people everywhere are just people. For every soft and cute aspect, like Hello Kitty, there is a dark side.

I read a while back about a Nihongin who asked an American woman to his place to have a private English lesson. If I remember correctly they found her dead in his bathroom days later.

Your enthusiasm is great, but dial it down a bit and research a little more before you jump in with both feet. I too would like to live and work in Japan. So, i have been reading all I can about it, both the good and the bad. Also, like me you might want to plan a semi-long stay there just to get the feel for the place.

People here and on other boards/blogs have said over and over that working Japan as an English teacher can be done by almost any native English speaker. But trying to find work in another field requires a high knowledge of both written and spoken Japanese.

Just some things to think about.

DB
From the sounds of things you're talking about the NOVA teacher that was killed last year, I did my training with her and she came at the same time I did and I always say to myself "Could have been me"

Still here though but just for details sake.

It wasn't a student per-say, there was a man who had been stalking her for a while and she had filed a police report about him however he had not assaulted her simply followed her home. So the police did nothing.
He finally mustered up enough english to ask her for a lesson and accorind to her roommate in hopes of making him piss off she agree'd.

She was not dumb about it, they met in a public place on a day where she had to go to work afterward so if she was late, she would soon be missed.

Somehow he convinced her to come to his apartment.
(One of my co-workers speculates he "Forgot" the money to pay her so she followed him home since he lived nearby)
She was assaulted in the parking lot of the apartment and found the next day in a bathtub on the balcony filled with sand. (not the bathroom)

The killer while apprehended by the police TWICE is still at large.

I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- Edgar Allan Poe
(#45 (permalink))
Old
typing (Offline)
JF Regular

02-22-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
Aside from the rape in Shibuya on the news today, this caught my attention from 2 days back for being particularly grusome...

TOKYO — Three people were found dead at a home in Tokyo's Adachi Ward on Monday afternoon, while a 15-year-old boy found at the scene with his hands cut off at the wrist and the back of his head caved in has fallen into a coma after being rushed to a hospital, police said.

The three are believed to be Toru Sasaki, 52, his wife Kazuko, 49, and Sasaki's mother Tokuko, 84, while the boy is Sasaki's son, who is a first-year student in high school, police said.

All were found bleeding, and a bloodstained ax was discovered in the house, according to police.

The boy was quoted as telling the police before he lost consciousness, "My father did it to me," while a note with blood, believed to have been written by Sasaki, was found in the house, which suggested he would commit murder-suicide.

Police believe the ax to be the murder weapon, they said.

The boy's 18-year-old brother was not at home at the time the situation transpired.

A passersby found blood draining from a shutter of the house, and informed police.

Sasaki was involved in a business for selling and repairing used machines, according to his neighbors
God my boyfriend told me about that a few days ago.

Made me think of the story a student told me from last year where a boy chopped his sister up and put her in his closet for a month before his mother went in and discovered the body because of the smell.

why?

Because she teased him about becoming a dentist.

I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- Edgar Allan Poe
(#46 (permalink))
Old
CasseCasse (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to CasseCasse
Exclamation hi - 02-25-2008, 06:28 PM

those things xyinniex says may be and probably are true, but there are so many people in the world who likes japan that no one ca imagine! (maybe a little exaggerated ) but hell no ill stop loving japan for that! my one and only dream is to go to Japan and to get married with a Japanese woman and makke children and......... whew!!

What one man can do, another can do.