JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#621 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to AlexisSalas
02-20-2011, 12:58 AM

Well first i want to say im planning on moving to Japan since i love its everything Im 16 and in 2 years ill be going to japan to study foreign languages and comunication. I know 3 lenguages well almost cause i know a bit of japanesse and i think is something really important if i want to live in Japan, i really dont know much of what ill need to live there since i havent searched but i would really appreciate if someone could tell me what do i need, what papers i need, what university do you recommened, where do i visit to make a visa for japan, in other words EVERYTHING since i really dont know anything about it.
Ialredy work online i obtain a very pleasent amount of cash i must say, i work in maintaining and supporting a website. But me dream is teaching in japan lenguage. So if anyone could help i would be so grateful, any information is welcomed and comments as well.

Rosetta Stone japanese programs seems to not helped me much...Need help with my japanese, looking for help plz!!
(#622 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-20-2011, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisSalas View Post
Well first i want to say im planning on moving to Japan since i love its everything Im 16 and in 2 years ill be going to japan to study foreign languages and comunication. I know 3 lenguages well almost cause i know a bit of japanesse and i think is something really important if i want to live in Japan, i really dont know much of what ill need to live there since i havent searched but i would really appreciate if someone could tell me what do i need, what papers i need, what university do you recommened, where do i visit to make a visa for japan, in other words EVERYTHING since i really dont know anything about it.
Ialredy work online i obtain a very pleasent amount of cash i must say, i work in maintaining and supporting a website. But me dream is teaching in japan lenguage. So if anyone could help i would be so grateful, any information is welcomed and comments as well.
You should just go to a university in your home country, and then do an exchange through your university. I'm sure if you pick something like Asian Studies and then choose something like Japanese for your language choice, there may be a situation where you can study in Japan for like maybe a year or so. I know that's how it works with most US universities, anyway. It may be different in other places, but I'm sure most have set ups like that in general. You just have to make sure you choose a university place which has Japanese study. That'd help to take care of all the other issues (like the visa issue).
(#623 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

02-20-2011, 04:06 AM

Soo what you are telling me is too study in a university in my country and then ask for a student exchange or something like that, and the i wont have to take care of the visa and those things? but if i do that will ill be able to stay in japan for some years or finishing university ill have to leave i really didnt understand much, sorry

Rosetta Stone japanese programs seems to not helped me much...Need help with my japanese, looking for help plz!!
(#624 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-20-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Soo what you are telling me is too study in a university in my country and then ask for a student exchange or something like that, and the i wont have to take care of the visa and those things?
That solely depends on the actual university. Just make sure you go to one with a study abroad program and that Japan is an actual choice for it. It's usually for a semester or one academic year, though.
Quote:
but if i do that will ill be able to stay in japan for some years or finishing university ill have to leave i really didnt understand much, sorry
Well, like I said, it's usually for a semester or one academic year. You'd be over there on a student visa, anyway. When you're no longer a student, the visa would be invalid, ya know?

If you want to go back over, you can, though, you'd just have to find your own means and such. I just said the easiest way to even get a little exposure to the country is through university, and probably the most feasible (and cheapest) way to do so, is by doing a study abroad program at a university in your home country.

Just check out universities of interest and research them to see if they have a study abraod program where a country of choice to study abroad in is Japan.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 02-20-2011 at 05:17 AM.
(#625 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

02-20-2011, 05:19 AM

oohh ok i get it now, soo when my student visa goes invalid i need to leave japan and then get a visa to live there right? or can i get it without leaving japan. Another thing has been bothering me, is it really that hard getting to be a english proffesor in japan? Does japan have like Spanish school in the ones i could teach?

(#626 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-20-2011, 05:21 AM

There are spanish schools, not nearly as popular as English schools.
The pay is about the same.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#627 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

02-20-2011, 05:23 AM

Soo in other words theres like 50% more posibility that i teach in a spanish school than a english one right?

(#628 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

02-21-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Soo in other words theres like 50% more posibility that i teach in a spanish school than a english one right?
Maybe. You just have to do your research to find these particular schools that teach the subject. Who knows, maybe you can get a job in an international school or something.
(#629 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

02-21-2011, 08:14 PM

ook. i been looking around for universities and i found THE TEMPLE UNIVERSITY which is really supporting to immigrants, and has a lenguage degree so i think i can join that university but i really havent found any post or info about how is it, does anyone know?

(#630 (permalink))
Old
lonewolf179 (Offline)
New to JF

02-22-2011, 03:40 PM

International Christian University is another option. They have an excellent Japanese language program, and don't require you to know any Japanese beforehand. ICU is also one of the top ranking private colleges in Japan.

Last edited by lonewolf179 : 02-22-2011 at 03:43 PM.