LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-10-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
That is scientifically impossible. She is just a lesbian. Nothing wrong with that, but I dislike it when people try to make something up about it.

If you look at how babies are made, we are all originally female (hence why men have nipples which form before they become male). A switch is flicked at some stage or it is not (in our genetic code), if it is, you become male after getting an injection of hormones that encourage the male organs and brain to form. If not, you stay female.

There are cases where the switch is flicked, yet problems occur (such as Nyororins boy), and they are born with deformed genitals and perhaps other problems; they may have gender identity issues, tossing up over whether they're more male or more female. But it is litterally impossible for a male brain to form in a female without growing a penis (or at least half a penis) in unison; other words, she is just a lesbian.

Yoshimi, be proud of who you are, don't hide behind something you're not.
Umm.... you do realise that Gender Identity Disorder is a psychological disorder and not a biological one right?

Therefore you can't say that she is just a lesbian. Because many lesbians are happy with being women.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
06-10-2009, 03:38 PM

I don't know, perhaps I'm the only one who is lost.

But, exactly how can you not be of the female gender but be of the female sex?

The separation of gender and sex I don't quite understand.

Are you gender queer?

Last edited by Gorotsuki : 06-10-2009 at 03:45 PM.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-10-2009, 03:47 PM

It means you have the genetailia of a woman but think or group yourself as male.

This is not what the thread was made for btw.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
06-10-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
It means you have the genetailia of a woman but think or group yourself as male.

This is not what the thread was made for btw.
androgyny has nothing to do with that... I just don't get why she's using androgyny as some type of gender identity thing..there is already a phrase for that... genderqueer.

Last edited by Gorotsuki : 06-16-2009 at 04:52 AM.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Nendoroid (Offline)
|ll|lll|| |llll||ll|

Send a message via MSN to Nendoroid
06-10-2009, 06:23 PM

There is Gay and Lesbian considering the effects on hormones with the disorderly chromosomes. Also known as a hermaphodite. This is a legit gay or lesbian person, born this way and always to be. However, Bi and illegitamate gay/lesbian is for just pure attention, or just a mental disorder. It's true, and that's the only way it goes and it has been proven.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

06-12-2009, 06:04 AM

There is so much ignorance of GID in this thread, I wish I wasn't on my iPhone. Typing is too difficult, so I'll edit this later.

In short, GID may have, and probably does have a biological, scientifically reasonable component. The reason GID is in the DSM IV is because "treatment" (hormones, SRS, etc) is very expensive, and insurance often covers at least part of the cost. Removed from the DSM IV, insurance will not pay. Transgender mental instability is caused by society's reaction and is not an internal mental defect.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-13-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Umm.... you do realise that Gender Identity Disorder is a psychological disorder and not a biological one right?

Therefore you can't say that she is just a lesbian. Because many lesbians are happy with being women.
Ah. The JF psychology expert has returned.

It is hard to understand what she is talking about. She is not very precise.

I had a dog once that thought she was a dude. She was just crazy, but. She tried to do it with her own mother all the time, even but she didn't have the right equiptment for it... yet her mom didn't mind... 2 crazy dogs... anyway...

So, Yoshimi, you are not a lesbian? Meaning, literally, you don't try and screw other women? I'm not trying to insult you, just curious.

If all you mean is you liked to play with toy trucks instead of barbie dolls when you were a girl, and now you like to wear mens clothes and listen to Slipknot, drink beer, spit and curse at things, drive fast cars, play baseball, do Boxing, all that cool stuff, isn't the word for that just "tomboy"?

I mean, there is nothing wrong with being a tomboy. Especially if you aint lesbian, some guys find it sexy when girls are actually interested in their cars and music and stuff. I mean, why would you seriously want to put a word on it to classify it as a mental condition, when you could just be happy saying I like this shit instead of that?

I am "different" in some ways, also. I hate it when people try and put words on it. It pisses the hell out of me. There is nothing wrong with me, so why do I need a word to describe my "mental condition"?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#48 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-13-2009, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Ah. The JF psychology expert has returned.

It is hard to understand what she is talking about. She is not very precise.

I had a dog once that thought she was a dude. She was just crazy, but. She tried to do it with her own mother all the time, even but she didn't have the right equiptment for it... yet her mom didn't mind... 2 crazy dogs... anyway...

So, Yoshimi, you are not a lesbian? Meaning, literally, you don't try and screw other women? I'm not trying to insult you, just curious.

If all you mean is you liked to play with toy trucks instead of barbie dolls when you were a girl, and now you like to wear mens clothes and listen to Slipknot, drink beer, spit and curse at things, drive fast cars, play baseball, do Boxing, all that cool stuff, isn't the word for that just "tomboy"?

I mean, there is nothing wrong with being a tomboy. Especially if you aint lesbian, some guys find it sexy when girls arew actually interested in their cars and music and stuff. I mean, why would you seriously want to put a word on it to classify it as a mental condition, when you could just be happy saying I like this shit instead of that?

I am "different" in some ways, also. I hate it when people try and put words on it. It pisses the hell out of me. There is nothing wrong with me, so why do I need a word to describe my "mental condition"?
that was definitely not sexual but an atempt for dominancelol. my cousin's dog dose that and thats not the point of the thread.

i heard some places have sex segregated eating areas in some restuarants.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-13-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
that was definitely not sexual but an atempt for dominancelol. my cousin's dog dose that and thats not the point of the thread.

i heard some places have sex segregated eating areas in some restuarants.
No. Shadow (the daughter) would never attempt to dethrone Ruby (her mother). Age determines a dogs rank, not size or attitude (Shadow was bigger).

I think it was more so, there was no male dog around, so she thought someone had to do it, mose as well be her!

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#50 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-14-2009, 01:40 AM

I decided not to read this entire thread because to do so would have me so insensed over the biased ignorance of some of the posters that I would be typing almost as much nonsense as some of the responses that are so stupid as to be offensive.

I can tell that Tsuwabuki knows exactly what the issues are around gender and sex identity. Only those of us who have worked with or been directly affected by gender dysphoria go around quoting the DMS IV. For those of you who didn't know that acronym is the the Diagnostic Manual used by physchiatry. But it IS the definitive source on this matter currently.

The referral to animals humping and estrogen/testosterone to determine anything related to this is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. The are other reasons for the animal behavior that are far from related to the animal's percieved gender identity. Go play somewhere else! And since some people don't know their biology..... testostrone is a necessary component of female sexuality as well as male, so forget that whole discussion.

Androgeny is the proper term for what Yoshimi was describing. "Genderqueer" is not only slang and and incorrect, it is offensive to most people - whether it was intended to be so or not. Androgeny means indistinct or blending of gender traits - whether referring to personality, self identity, or the physical traits. A hermaphrodite is a human who, for whatever biological reason, was born with both male and female gentialia. It is not a psychological term, but a physical state of being. Gender is psychological, sex is biological.

Now PLEASE, unless you are going back to the original thread, if you don't have training or first hand experience with this issue, confine yourself to stating your feelings or asking questions. Assuming something just because you have heard some other uneducated person say it and posting it as fact, is seriously insulting to some of the users reading this thread.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.