LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
shoutaro (Offline)
New to JF

01-14-2011, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Computer programming, IT, interpretation.

All require formal education or at least five to ten solid years of work experience. For interpretation you will need to pass the JLPT Lv.1.

You can choose your location if you apply directly to schools you want to work at, but that usually isn't how it works.

What are you good at?
Sadly, I don't think I'm good at anything. Nor do I want to spend five to ten years not accomplishing my dream. And I don't think it'd be possible for me to apply directly to a school, I'd probably be going through JET, or something like that.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-14-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoutaro View Post
Sadly, I don't think I'm good at anything. Nor do I want to spend five to ten years not accomplishing my dream. And I don't think it'd be possible for me to apply directly to a school, I'd probably be going through JET, or something like that.
You cannot apply to JET unless you graduate (or on the path of graduation) from college, and you graduate by the June before your departure.

People don't want to hire non-graduates... especially when there is a long line of college graduates applying for these programs.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
shoutaro (Offline)
New to JF

01-14-2011, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You cannot apply to JET unless you graduate (or on the path of graduation) from college, and you graduate by the June before your departure.

People don't want to hire non-graduates... especially when there is a long line of college graduates applying for these programs.
Well yeah. Kind of obvious. If I can't do JET, then what are my alternatives?
(#34 (permalink))
Old
atheistwithfaith (Offline)
JF Regular

01-14-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Well yeah. Kind of obvious. If I can't do JET, then what are my alternatives?
I don't think you understand.

You need a degree to work in Japan.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-14-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I can't afford trips. And going over there really won't change my mind.
It might not change your mind (and that's fine, BTW) but it will give you valuable insight from the ground level of where and how you want to live in Japan. I spent two YEARS actively studying Japan before I set foot in the country and it still wasn't quite what I expected. Research can help you inform yourself but it will never show you the whole picture- there will be factors that will apply to you alone, and others that rarely make it into the books. Going on an exchange gave me a chance to figure out what would be the pit-falls of living and working there for me personally, and when I go back, I'll be better prepared to deal with them.

Unfortunately, Japan is just one of those countries where there aren't many short-cuts in the visa and working applications needed in order to reside there for longer than a holiday.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-15-2011, 05:54 AM

What you've gotta understand is that this dream won't happen with a snap of your fingers.
Moving to Japan will take a LOT of time, hard work and dedication, and unfortunately more years in your own country.

You NEED a 4 year degree to qualify for a work visa, OR about 5 - 10 years experience in your field of study. It's just.... how it works. Sorry. You can't just pack up your things and leave tomorrow and buy a house.

There's money too. You'll probably need to work a while in your own country to save the money needed for this expensive dream, unless you've got a huge inheritance or something behind you.

Why do you despise your country so much? Why MUST you live in Japan?
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Neffiline (Offline)
JF Regular

01-18-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Nor do I want to spend five to ten years not accomplishing my dream.
Sadly though sometimes it can take THAT much time. If it's really something that is important to you, you will find a way to work to accomplish that goal/dream, weither it takes you 6 months or 5 years to get there.

Sounds to me like you want to run away from your problems more than anything else...

(#38 (permalink))
Old
LazyGaijin (Offline)
New to JF

01-20-2011, 04:50 AM

Hi Japan folks

Just wanted to introduce myself and say a big thank you to all involved in the thread for inspiration and information.

Have just arrived recently in Japan and am hoping to set up a manga studio along with a maid cafe and otaku shop. Nothing ambitious but would like to see how much I can cash in.

All the best and once again thanks otaku freaks.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
atheistwithfaith (Offline)
JF Regular

01-24-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGaijin View Post
Hi Japan folks

Just wanted to introduce myself and say a big thank you to all involved in the thread for inspiration and information.

Have just arrived recently in Japan and am hoping to set up a manga studio along with a maid cafe and otaku shop. Nothing ambitious but would like to see how much I can cash in.

All the best and once again thanks otaku freaks.
Trolling? sss
(#40 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

01-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Why don't you consider South-Korea as well?

If you have an issue with the Western society (wich I believe you do), then South-Korea should be an option for you too.

Even though I haven't been there yet, I've met lot's of Korean and even a couple of Japanese in OZ. I know that there is a HUGE difference between the countrys.. BUT the people are the same in both countrys, trust me!

The people should always be your main reason to leave America, or any other Western country torwards Asia. Manga-J-Pop and the land itself, shouldn't be. But like I said, I believe thats not the case with you.

I am also are about to finish my A-Level soon on an evening school. It's hard I know, but it's also not forever and after that you can decide what you want to do with your life.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 01-24-2011 at 12:04 PM.