JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
koolawant (Offline)
New to JF

well.... - 02-06-2011, 05:17 PM

You could go to japan on a vacation, get it extended for 6 months, meet a japanese person that you LOVE (don't do it for the visa) and get into the country that way. But when you get there go to college and get a 4-year degree so that you can provide for your family
(#42 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-06-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolawant View Post
You could go to japan on a vacation, get it extended for 6 months...
How?

-------
(#43 (permalink))
Old
shoutaro (Offline)
New to JF

07-20-2011, 07:23 PM

Reading back on this still confuses me as ever. Hello all, I'm back. I've spent this past year working at getting my high school diploma, and guess what. I got it. Nothing stated here is clearer than it was a year ago. I still don't know what to do, or where to go, or how to be to accomplish my life. I've managed to get up one step further, so, I guess that's better than naught. Recently I've been debating the whole college scene. I know I can't afford it on my own, but I'm pretty sure there's an alternative for the whole money aspect. I don't know what to take, as I don't know what jobs will guarantee me access to Japan. What do they need over there? I'm still working on learning the language (slowly I might add, as I'm not the brightest). I don't want to go to college, and afterwards realize that I'm not needed. I know I'm going to get responses like "do what you like" or whatever, but that's not what I'm asking for here. Anyways, here's hoping for some more delectable insight. (inb4 weeaboo insults)

Last edited by shoutaro : 07-20-2011 at 09:27 PM.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-20-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoutaro View Post
Reading back on this still confuses me as ever. Hello all, I'm back. I've spent this past year working at getting my high school diploma, and guess what. I got it. Nothing stated here is clearer than it was a year ago. I still don't know what to do, or where to go, or how to be to accomplish my life. I've managed to get up one step further, so, I guess that's better than naught. Recently I've been debating the whole college scene. I know I can't afford it on my own, but I'm pretty sure there's an alternative for the whole money aspect. I don't know what to teach, as I don't know what jobs will guarantee me access to Japan. What do they need over there? I'm still working on learning the language (slowly I might add, as I'm not the brightest). I don't want to go to college, and afterwards realize that I'm not needed. I know I'm going to get responses like "do what you like" or whatever, but that's not what I'm asking for here. Anyways, here's hoping for some more delectable insight. (inb4 weeaboo insults)
Realistically, your fastest path to a long term working life in Japan is a college degree. You could start at A CC and work your way up. Some will say "just go and find a job" but that is risky with no guarantees. Right now what marketable skills domyou have?
(#45 (permalink))
Old
shoutaro (Offline)
New to JF

07-20-2011, 09:26 PM

Honestly, as I've stated previously, I doubt I have any. But self-judgement is an entirely unreliable metric. Hypothetically I do have a marketable skill, I wouldn't know what it was unless it hit me in the face. I don't have any experience, due to the first part of my life being sheltered, and the second part... Well... Not exactly in a position to get any. What's a 'cc'? Community college?
(#46 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-20-2011, 10:39 PM

Yes, the fastest way for you is a college degree. Go to community college; FAFSA should be able to finance your entire two years. From there, go to school, get your degree, and the doors to Japan are open.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#47 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-20-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
I don't want to go to college, and afterwards realize that I'm not needed.
Interesting...

Your only incentive for going to college is to live in Japan?
(#48 (permalink))
Old
shoutaro (Offline)
New to JF

07-20-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Interesting...

Your only incentive for going to college is to live in Japan?
Yes. Problem?
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
07-21-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Yes. Problem?
Yes, huge problem. Your priorities will be the end of you. You need to set your life straight before even thinking about moving there.

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
shoutaro (Offline)
New to JF

07-21-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
Yes, huge problem. Your priorities will be the end of you. You need to set your life straight before even thinking about moving there.
It may be a problem for you, but it isn't for me. So, please contribute, or take your issues elsewhere.