(#411 (permalink))
Old
Nanobrain (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Nanobrain
06-29-2007, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
What is your visa status and what are you qualifications (Japanese level, education)?
I`m here on tourist visa. I have a Bachelor's degree in software engineering and I only know basic Japanse (can read hiragana, katakana and 50 kanjis).
(#412 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

06-29-2007, 01:55 AM

Well why don't you just teach English until you find something better?
(#413 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

06-29-2007, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanobrain View Post
I`m here on tourist visa. I have a Bachelor's degree in software engineering and I only know basic Japanse (can read hiragana, katakana and 50 kanjis).
There some company in Tokyo that don't require High Level of Japanese Skill.
Try looking in JDV International Site.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#414 (permalink))
Old
yamashita (Offline)
JF Regular

06-29-2007, 08:16 AM

can someone teach english also without a bachelors degree?

schnickschnackschnuck
(#415 (permalink))
Old
tiki808 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-29-2007, 11:09 AM

WOW i am amazed by your life in so many ways! im 17 right now and wish i could do what you did! you made your dream come true and have a happy life in Japan im quite envious hopefully i can atleast visit Japan once i finish college because i REALLY REALLY want to go and when i say REALLY i mean REALLY ok enough of my blabbing haha now heres some questions! was it hard to adjust to life there? whats your nationality? How did you get by on only $100? is it true that its really expensive there? Did you speak fluent japanese when you went there your first time? if you can answer my questions it would be really helpful thanks so much for your help it made me realize that what you did is possible! hopefully i can see you there someday
(#416 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-29-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki808 View Post
was it hard to adjust to life there?
No, not at all. But I had a realistic image and realistic expectations of what life was like here.

Quote:
whats your nationality?
US - working on changing it to Japanese.

Quote:
How did you get by on only $100?
I didn`t. I had $500. :P
I lived with a host family, and paid them for my food, etc.

Quote:
is it true that its really expensive there?
It depends upon where you live and how you live. I would say the median cost of living is quite high, but that doesn`t mean you couldn`t survive at a very low level. Your life would just be pretty crappy.

Quote:
Did you speak fluent japanese when you went there your first time?
I spoke pretty much close to no Japanese my first time here.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#417 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyDemise (Offline)
喜悦

06-29-2007, 02:19 PM

Hello, I'm Joy, 18, and I'm leaving for Japan in a few days... in all honesty, I don't want to return home after being there. I'm going to be living with my other half and want to attept to get a VISA. Is there anyway I can just stay more than 3 months? Maybe apply for a VISA or a working VISA and hopefully get approved before the 3 month period is over?

I'm sorry if that sounds retarded to ask, because everyone knows it takes a while to be approved for a VISA and you need some college degree(?) to get approved... I just want to know if it's at all possible. Thank you for your time ^^;;

"Even if a leapord sleeps at the end of your bed like a kitten, it still has the power to tear out your throat."
(#418 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

06-29-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyDemise View Post
Hello, I'm Joy, 18, and I'm leaving for Japan in a few days... in all honesty, I don't want to return home after being there. I'm going to be living with my other half and want to attept to get a VISA. Is there anyway I can just stay more than 3 months? Maybe apply for a VISA or a working VISA and hopefully get approved before the 3 month period is over?

I'm sorry if that sounds retarded to ask, because everyone knows it takes a while to be approved for a VISA and you need some college degree(?) to get approved... I just want to know if it's at all possible. Thank you for your time ^^;;
To apply for a working visa, you need to actually be hired by a company in a job position that will even qualify for a visa. At 18 with no college degree, this is pretty much impossible. Since you are from the US, I'm afraid your stay will be limited to 90 days . If you do overstay your limit, you may not be able to return to Japan.
(#419 (permalink))
Old
kingkaleigh (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to kingkaleigh Send a message via Yahoo to kingkaleigh
06-29-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Just thought I`d volunteer any info that anyone needs...

I live in Japan, not in Tokyo, and have lived here for almost 9 years now. I basically came to Japan with nothing (On my own, not part of any program, not as a teacher, with almost no money, etc) when I was 17, and have been here pretty much ever since.

I`m now married, and *own* a home. I`m willing to answer pretty much any questions about real life in Japan - not the English teacher in Tokyo type stuff... Because that`s only like 0.1% of reality. (Not to offend any of the English teachers in Tokyo or anything though.)

We usually try and help other people who are/were in the same boat as I was when I came to Japan (Bad family life, etc), but last year a girl we let stay with us really screwed us over so we have stopped for the time being. But I really want to help people, so if I can in any way please ask!

(Oh, and I think I mentioned a lot more stuff in my intro in the introductions thread, so...)
wow...ur lucky, though, i gots to ask ya a question are the fish over there, like, $60? for onli a fish?

KingKaahn[/color]
(#420 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyDemise (Offline)
喜悦

06-30-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatredcopter View Post
To apply for a working visa, you need to actually be hired by a company in a job position that will even qualify for a visa. At 18 with no college degree, this is pretty much impossible. Since you are from the US, I'm afraid your stay will be limited to 90 days . If you do overstay your limit, you may not be able to return to Japan.
Well my friend found a job that might hire me (since she works there and can suggest me)... but I dont know if would they sponser me for a VISA ^^; I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

"Even if a leapord sleeps at the end of your bed like a kitten, it still has the power to tear out your throat."