JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
animerox102 (Offline)
Hello there! ^^

Send a message via MSN to animerox102 Send a message via Yahoo to animerox102 Send a message via Skype™ to animerox102
10-27-2007, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoFerrari View Post
None taken, and yes I am. In this country, if I am not, then I may as well go sit in the corner.
im guessing you like it? being full of yourself?

Anime Expo 2011 attendee
(#32 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animerox102 View Post
im guessing you like it? being full of yourself?
i like being me. I love myself for who I am. My wife loves me for me. If by being me it looks to you like i am full of myself, then so be it. This is an internet forum. I am not going to get bent out of shape because you think I am full of myself.

So if it makes you feel all fuzzy inside to try and set me up to tell me how full of myself I think I am, then so be it. Enjoy. But dont judge me till you get to know me. you may be suprised.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
10-27-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
None taken, and yes I am. In this country, if I am not, then I may as well go sit in the corner.
I gotta say I agree with this statement - If you come to Japan and act like a Japanese person, you may as well not bother...
(#34 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-27-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Hahahah, My wife feels the same. Her parents are just now coming around. My wife actually told a group of girls off in a conbini because they were staring.

About the crowded trains, that is funny huh. If it is a girl, she would rather be squished then sit next to a gaijin.

Yeah, it is awkward - we have been dating for about 3months, but my g/f hasn't told her parents about me yet. She is an only child and worried they will cut her off because I am not Japanese which is ridiculous!

I know what you mean about girls - they seem to think we will try and eat them or something. Salarymen are the best though - if a gaijin sits next to one, they look like they are trying to kill themselves by holding their breath because of the shame or something!!!
(#35 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
I gotta say I agree with this statement - If you come to Japan and act like a Japanese person, you may as well not bother...
We as gijin in Japan call there people Nihon Baka.

Gaijin whi think they are Japanese.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it is awkward - we have been dating for about 3months, but my g/f hasn't told her parents about me yet. She is an only child and worried they will cut her off because I am not Japanese which is ridiculous!
They accepted me when they seen my cars and my job. Money is king in this country. Sad but true.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:

I know what you mean about girls - they seem to think we will try and eat them or something. Salarymen are the best though - if a gaijin sits next to one, they look like they are trying to kill themselves by holding their breath because of the shame or something!!!
If you have some IT skills I could prolly hook you up. pm me your email address.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-27-2007, 05:57 AM

Quote:
They accepted me when they seen my cars and my job. Money is king in this country. Sad but true.
Money is the king in all countries though!! But in this country it definately reigns supreme

tbh, I think the problem is because of all the English teachers out here - most come to japan and f==k their way through as much of the population as possible before leaving again and it gives us a really bad reputation. That said, stereotyping us all together is a form of racism regardless of what has happened...
(#39 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-27-2007, 06:11 AM

Racism is judging a person's character based on the color of their skin. If a large number of white dudes (and we know they are out there) just go to Japan to get laid, then that is going to reflect on all the white dudes, even if it is a minority. It's not necessarily racism, but it is stereotyping.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-27-2007, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Racism is judging a person's character based on the color of their skin.
So Japanese people judging me to be evil and someone who must be avoided at all costs because I am white is not racist?!?