(#11 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-14-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
I disagree with you Misa.

Hormones or not, 16 is too young an age to understand the complexity of love. It's like claiming to be able to rule a country at the age 11.
That's fine, but I don't think so.

At 16 I don't believe everyone is hormonal and confused and emotionally unstable like a lot of people tend to make out. 16 year olds can experience complicated things, death of family members, divorce of parents, exam stress, etc, I think people underestimate them when it comes to dealing with feelings of love.

In my eyes, age never equals maturity. Only experience. And to deal with a relationship it needs to be handled with maturity, and maybe a little experience, but I don't believe it's solely dependent on experience alone. Maturity is taking onboard experience and learning from that. And I don't think that comes with age.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
NinjaKazama (Offline)
Live Long & Prosper

Send a message via AIM to NinjaKazama
Listen Out Everyone!!!! - 12-14-2008, 02:20 PM

Everybody has their own definition of what love is!
soooo u can't argue the fact. If everyone loved people the same way everyone's love would be equivalent,,and there wouldn't be in progress within relationships...to be continued
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-14-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
That's fine, but I don't think so.

At 16 I don't believe everyone is hormonal and confused and emotionally unstable like a lot of people tend to make out. 16 year olds can experience complicated things, death of family members, divorce of parents, exam stress, etc, I think people underestimate them when it comes to dealing with feelings of love.

In my eyes, age never equals maturity. Only experience. And to deal with a relationship it needs to be handled with maturity, and maybe a little experience, but I don't believe it's solely dependent on experience alone. Maturity is taking onboard experience and learning from that. And I don't think that comes with age.
I disagree. Although Maturity is important, experience is more important.

If you've never felt love before in your life, how do you know it's love?

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-14-2008, 03:16 PM

And what is love?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-14-2008, 03:23 PM

Considering that true love is subjective I would say it's entirely possible. Most of the time you'll find that Teens are just ripe with infatuation and don't really know what they're feeling -- so it must be love.

It is possible though for a Teen to know what they're feeling and decide that it really is love, not just that it "must be" love. I know a few people who've been dating since highschool and still are together. Actually both have been together for over 4 years each, one longer than the other. Both are living together on their own and have been for about 2 years... again one longer than the other but that's beside the point. Both are also engaged and show no signs at all of breaking it off.

Does that prove anything? Not really it just shows theres an exception to what what's common. This goes back to trying to say that when you're 16 you're not old enough to know what you're thinking. That's stupid to try and make a sweeping statement like that. It's generally true teenagers are idiots. Most teenagers are white little spoiled brats who've never really had to "work" (part time job doesn't count...) in their lives and have everything handed to them. They don't know any better. There's always exceptions to the norm though.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

12-14-2008, 03:25 PM

A pain in the arse bro .jk.Hell its been to long i can not even explain it
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

12-14-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I disagree. Although Maturity is important, experience is more important.

If you've never felt love before in your life, how do you know it's love?
Well I think maturity is more important. You can have all the experience in the world but if you are too immature to use it properly it becomes worthless. At least if you are mature without too much experience you can go on common sense.

You don't know it's love, but what is love, like Tyrien said, is subjective. You can't tell someone they're not in love because you don't know how they feel. That's my take on it.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Well I think maturity is more important. You can have all the experience in the world but if you are too immature to use it properly it becomes worthless. At least if you are mature without too much experience you can go on common sense.

You don't know it's love, but what is love, like Tyrien said, is subjective. You can't tell someone they're not in love because you don't know how they feel. That's my take on it.

A fair point there, I guess.

And you're right about that I can't say its not love, because the person may not feel the same. But then again, it's basically the same as religious miracles, isn't it? The person claims, for example, that they've seen god/jesus/virgin mary, but we don't believe it because we didn't see it.

I think my view on this is mainly obscured by the fact that, although being one, I don't mentally count myself as a teenager and I find that teenagers in whole are stupid annoying little brats.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

12-14-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:

A fair point there, I guess.

And you're right about that I can't say its not love, because the person may not feel the same. But then again, it's basically the same as religious miracles, isn't it? The person claims, for example, that they've seen god/jesus/virgin mary, but we don't believe it because we didn't see it.

I think my view on this is mainly obscured by the fact that, although being one, I don't mentally count myself as a teenager and I find that teenagers in whole are stupid annoying little brats.
Yeah, I guess.

Thing is, being a teen myself, I get lumped in the with the rest of them. I know a lot of teens that are very mature and care a lot about the world. It's just the 'bad' kids that stand out to everyone, and obviously, we are surrounded by teenagers all the time, being ones ourselves and there are some superficial spoilt brats. But then I look at the wider picture, and I see there are adults like that too.

When I go on forums and don't disclose my age, they often think I am a lot older than I actually am. Most people would take that as a compliment, but it's just sad that people can't see past the age barrier.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
12-14-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I guess.

Thing is, being a teen myself, I get lumped in the with the rest of them. I know a lot of teens that are very mature and care a lot about the world. It's just the 'bad' kids that stand out to everyone, and obviously, we are surrounded by teenagers all the time, being ones ourselves and there are some superficial spoilt brats. But then I look at the wider picture, and I see there are adults like that too.

When I go on forums and don't disclose my age, they often think I am a lot older than I actually am. Most people would take that as a compliment, but it's just sad that people can't see past the age barrier.
True true. I know I can be like a 'bad' kid sometimes...but like everyone I know says...I'm an angel compared to my sister(s) and brother.

On the topic of love::I'm not sure which is more valuable, experience or maturity. Because on one hand, if you had experience, you would have experienced different feelings and if just one stood out, maybe that one would be love, maybe not. Though if you had maturity, you could use common sense to figure it out.
Though I guess...it's better to have both.