Yes they can love. But True Love? No.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#22 (permalink))
Old
tocrayzay (Offline)
[put profound title here]

Send a message via Yahoo to tocrayzay
12-14-2008, 04:37 PM

yes it is possible. i know plenty of high school sweethearts who've gotten married and still are, my friends parents have been together since they were 15/16 got married straight out of high school (been about 24 years now i think maybe more) and are still married and going strong. my best friend has been with her bf since they were 15 and 16 and are still together they even have a child together, and live together. so yeah it can happen and i agree with Misa it all depends on the maturity level of the parties involved

murrrrrrrrr
"If Life and Death be things that seem,
If Death be sleep, and Life a dream,
May not the everlasting sleep
The dream of Life eternal keep?"
~Father Tabb
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-14-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocrayzay View Post
yes it is possible. i know plenty of high school sweethearts who've gotten married and still are, my friends parents have been together since they were 15/16 got married straight out of high school (been about 24 years now i think maybe more) and are still married and going strong. my best friend has been with her bf since they were 15 and 16 and are still together they even have a child together, and live together. so yeah it can happen and i agree with Misa it all depends on the maturity level of the parties involved
Yeah exactly... there are so many examples of strong relationships from teenage years, yet people still dismiss that. Of course more relationships break up then, but there are a ton of reasons for that, not the fact that teenagers can't experience love.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-14-2008, 05:03 PM

"Welcome to Love Terms of Service, bla bla bla"

x - I certify that I'm an adult and agree with terms of service

Agree Button Disagree Button

8D
(#25 (permalink))
Old
thalia4 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Location: Somewhere in the world maybe JP. " A fatal attraction to CUTENESS" HL
12-14-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinky78 View Post
Do you think it's possible for someone in their teens to truly love their boyfriend or girlfriend?because alot of people don't...because I believe I do love my ex :| but a lot of people tell me it's just puppy love
TRUE L VE hummmm...

Abdc
*Quest Crew & Beat Freaks*
*Fan of the Cocky Guys & So real*
*GACKT FAN CLUB ME & VAMPIRE CLAN*
NARUTO FAN CLUB FAMILY
Me(sakura), Narutoluvr(misa),zachart(Ichigo),ariana,Silveremperial(sora)kiyuga(nara),sm ilexfreak7( vampire princess),xrachellex (Miyuki),rukamency,lulu,totorono,Auran,Orihimegirl,katchan6 (mello),Sakurasan, KittyKyo,drummachick
(#26 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-14-2008, 05:21 PM

I disagree... love is for everyone who has enough brain to contain that emotion.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-14-2008, 07:04 PM

I doubt love has much to do with hormones, insofar as the young age between 14-18 is concerned. I do think young love is probable, but highly unlikely.

Love isn't about age or experience, it's about life. So when younger people say they're in love when they haven't had a whole lot of life yet, they can't comprehend the definition of love.

Though I do agree with what was written earlier: everyone has their own definition of love. However, there is one universal to love that forms the basis of everyone's "personal definition".

Love is both a noun and verb simultaneously. If you cannot wrap your head around this basic and fundamental idea, then you cannot begin to comprehend what love could be. Therefore, if you're 16 and you fully understand that, then it's possible for you to really be in love, though as mentioned earlier, it's highly unlikely.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
12-14-2008, 07:42 PM

I really have two different ways of describing love.

First one being, clearly, Ella Fitzgerald's Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love). Says it all for some.

Second being a more personal definition. Protection, comfort, warmth, happiness, and just an all-around clear feeling of joy. I figure that to be love.

What's the difference betweenst maturity and experience? One person could say, "I'm a mature person. I can spot out the difference between real love and puppy love because I've got a clear head on my shoulders," compared to "I'm an experienced person. I can spot out the difference between real love and puppy love because I've seen it all..." Really, what is the difference between them?

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-14-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
What's the difference betweenst maturity and experience? One person could say, "I'm a mature person. I can spot out the difference between real love and puppy love because I've got a clear head on my shoulders," compared to "I'm an experienced person. I can spot out the difference between real love and puppy love because I've seen it all..." Really, what is the difference between them?
Experience is a sort of time-stamp on how long you've been here, with a dash of action. Stay in doors all day, even though you've lived to be 75, and you might not be too experienced.

Maturity is a form of mental age in comparision with biological age. That's why people will use the phrase, "You're mature for your age," if they're talking about, let's say, a 17 year old thinking on par with a 19 or 20 year old. This can also work in reverse too, as some people, myself included, can act younger than their age suggests. At the same time, if we're going to use myself as the guinea pig, I can at mature about a great deal of things, on par with people who are 25 or 26 (being 21 myself), but at other times I can act younger, around the age of 17 or younger. Maturity isn't a blanket statement about someone, but more on how they approach certain things.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
mangafreak (Offline)
EAT THE CAKE!

true love - 12-14-2008, 07:58 PM

I would say so...I mean, I know some girls who just randomly "go out" with almost anyone that asks them, and I don't think that's right. They just like saying they have a boyfriend. But I do think that it's definitely possible, just not common among really young people. But its annoying when people say "Oh, it's just puppy love", or "they're just teenagers acting stupid again."

"Why waste good technology on science and medicine? Play video games instead."