LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-04-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
You know, whenever the subject of penis size comes up... I kind of wonder why no one ever brings up the correlation to body size. It`s as if the penis is an entity isolated from other rules of development and growth.

In general, someone who is physically smaller is likely going to be physically smaller everywhere. Someone who is physically larger is likely going to be physically smaller everywhere. The penis doesn`t sprout in isolation.

My personal experience is that there has been no noticeable difference - but all the guys I have dated have been in the same height range. (175cm to 180cm). There is no real reason to expect a difference - the penis grows with the body.

Now, if I were to have dated a guy <160cm tall, and then compared him to someone >200cm tall... There is definitely reason to expect some difference. And no doubt, there would be a difference unless they were both flukes.
Very good observation, I'd be willing to bet a lot that there is far more correlation between penis size and height than nationality or ethnicity!

There also happen to me much more detailed studies on height per nationality than penis sizes lol. But that does make the whole thing a lot easier for women hoping to find big-penised guys, just look for tall ones!

Then again... some of the nicer fits I've found for women were taller than the more little women.. but maybe that's just an issue of overall health and muscle percent...

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-04-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
ok, and my standards just happen to be western, as most western people tend to have the same standards I do, if not similar. Considering "the west" is where I came from, it makes sense
You missed the point.

You can't judge Japanese as effeminate by Western standards because you don't speak for the West.

You speak for yourself. After all... "the West" is a big place.

I'm a Westerner and I don't think Japanese men are effeminate.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-04-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
You missed the point.

You can't judge Japanese as effeminate by Western standards because you don't speak for the West.

I believe it's more than safe to say that, in general, westerners perceive asian men, including Japanese, as being relatively more effeminate than them. This isn't some kind of racist nonsense, a survey would show that for sure.

Men like you and I who have been to Japan, or live here now, have had our horizons broadened a bit and can perceive things a little differently, to see things more like they are.

Japanese men tend to think western guys are huge and strong and insensitive. Western men tend to think Japanese guys are small and weak and sensitive (attributes associated with femininity in the west).

This isn't about political correctness, it's about generalizing a group of people, which is perfectly OK to do until you start assuming individuals think the same way based on their groupings.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-04-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I believe it's more than safe to say that, in general, westerners perceive asian men, including Japanese, as being relatively more effeminate than them. This isn't some kind of racist nonsense, a survey would show that for sure.

Men like you and I who have been to Japan, or live here now, have had our horizons broadened a bit and can perceive things a little differently, to see things more like they are.

Japanese men tend to think western guys are huge and strong and insensitive. Western men tend to think Japanese guys are small and weak and sensitive (attributes associated with femininity in the west).

This isn't about political correctness, it's about generalizing a group of people, which is perfectly OK to do until you start assuming individuals think the same way based on their groupings.
Well I completely disagree.

And it's not about political correctness.

I just think you're completely wrong about Japanese men being effeminate. Via whatever standard.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-04-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Then again... some of the nicer fits I've found for women were taller than the more little women.. but maybe that's just an issue of overall health and muscle percent...
With women, there is a lot that can be done to "change" that area. Both in the negative and positive.
A lot of it does, indeed, come down to muscles. In that specific area. That is why there are exercises out there to "improve tone" down there.

Things can also go in a negative direction if she is unlucky and tears for some reason - then doesn`t heal well. Childbirth is the most obvious reason, but rough sex or even forced insertion of a tampon at too young an age can do it.

With a guy, there isn`t a whole lot that can be done to change what he has.

In regard to the "effeminate guy" talk...
After having been here for as long as I have - When encountering the "typical" western man, or watching western television, it always feels like they are seriously going out of their way to emphasize masculinity. To the point that it seems over the top, and like it is being faked. As if there is some strange fear that someone might think they`re not 100% man.
It ends up being a weird bit of culture shock.

I don`t see anything effeminate about Japanese men in general. There are effeminate men out there, but they`re definitely the exception.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-04-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Well I completely disagree.

And it's not about political correctness.

I just think you're completely wrong about Japanese men being effeminate. Via whatever standard.
I don't personally think Japanese men are effeminate, anymore. It took about 4 months of living here for that to change though.
It changed when I met the most chauvinistic arrogant man's man of men with more girlfriends than I have fingers looked much much more feminine by western standards than the two pics I put below. And any one of the guys I know back home would have said beyond any shadow of a doubt that he was the most gay of gay men to have ever gayed the surface of the earth haha.

All I'm saying is that for sure westerners feel asian men are effeminate. That's a reality, not an opinion. That they feel that way I mean.

In many cultures body hair is a symbol of masculinity, as is body size, muscle mass, height etc
When comparing Asian cultures to the afore mentioned cultures, there is a clear distinction in those particular traits.
That said, those in the former cultures will tend to perceive those in the ladder cultures as being relatively more feminine.
As an example, if any high school student in the US styled his hair (lets even ignore the makeup for now) like this or
It's safe to assume that the majority of guys around him would assume he's gay, or if not at least very very much in touch with his estrogen. Where as here he's just fashionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
In regard to the "effeminate guy" talk...
After having been here for as long as I have - When encountering the "typical" western man, or watching western television, it always feels like they are seriously going out of their way to emphasize masculinity. To the point that it seems over the top, and like it is being faked. As if there is some strange fear that someone might think they`re not 100% man.
It ends up being a weird bit of culture shock.

I don`t see anything effeminate about Japanese men in general. There are effeminate men out there, but they`re definitely the exception.
I think I agree with you, western guys really try hard to put on the whole "man act" sometimes at the expense of being nice or considerate towards others.
It's unfortunate that in western cultures (at least where I'm from) there's this pretty ridiculous version of manliness.
What's worse is the way that Asian cultures get discriminated against by western men based on those very same ridiculous versions of manliness!

Last edited by RealJames : 04-04-2011 at 01:06 PM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
04-08-2011, 03:31 PM

Good examples with the hair styles. I know two guys here in Texas with exactly that issue going on. One of them is not the least effeminate (except for his hair) and the other has his moments.

I think that over-the-top western "masculinity" effect just serves to reinforce my attraction to Asian men because as I age my tolerance for it continues to evaporate.

Western men can't seem to temper their arrogance with courtesy as well as their Asian counterparts. And it seems to be a matter of both custom and education at times.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

04-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
You missed the point.

I think what James meant is thast they really look like qeer boys. They really do. I mean, would you like some pictures from the net or something? Also, you should see them fixing their hair in an extremely gay fashion on trains, bus stops, sliding door glass, etc, or carrying woman's bags. Lot's of examples. So yes, they are f. weird, mate.

Another thing is that girls are attracted to skinny boys with narrower shoulder span than their arses. I know that they have little choice, but it makes me wonder is it girls pushing this trend or is it guys that have started it. Go to any gym, and you will see 55kg chicken-men tormenting eclipticvals like their lives fdepended on it, trying to lose weight. It's disturbing.

Also, let me add that I found that JApanese guys have SERIOUS low self-esteem issues. I would love to say it is due to the penis size thingie, but I bet it's related to the "I cannot show my emotions, I need to keep them locked deep inside till I cant take in anymore, and then I can proudly toss myself on the railway and die" social problem. For me many Japanese seem to have some sort of social phobia, but again I am speaking about Tokyo-auto-bots.

Last edited by ryuurui : 04-08-2011 at 03:54 PM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

04-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post

Western men can't seem to temper their arrogance with courtesy as well as their Asian counterparts. And it seems to be a matter of both custom and education at times.

I'd pick a girl that explodes whenever she feels like it over a girl who hides it well and runs towards a heart attack like a typhoon. With emotional people you know where you are standing, with those who hide feeling and emotions I'd die of boredom. I am not referring to arrogance or violence here.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

04-08-2011, 04:04 PM

ahhhh...just make japansforum statistic - everyone posts his height, race and penis dimensions.

btw. here is chart made after interviews with women - what kind of penis they like.
bottom numbers are for length and left side is for thickness.

Closed Thread