JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

06-04-2008, 06:24 PM

the last thing I will say on this subject, is I never made fun of rape, just by using the word in a different way.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#32 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
06-04-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
the last thing I will say on this subject, is I never made fun of rape, just by using the word in a different way.
That is making fun of rape.
You seem to not grasp it all.
Rape isn't like cuss words.
I mean really, do you walk up to someone whos child died and start talking about dead children?
It doesn't matter which way you mean it. Rape itself is a serious issue and unlike alot of words and actions it hurts people.
So when you " use it in a different way" those people who were hurt or who've had someone hurt aren't going to see it as " a different way" all you're doing is bringing back bad memories when you could easily replace it with the word " sex"
You're being inconsiderate.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

06-04-2008, 08:48 PM

It's pointless to explain my thoughts, so I won't.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#34 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-04-2008, 09:54 PM

ok use this term in any way is not a good idea and I agree on the principle .. BUT in this case I think that communication, understanding and the atmosphere on JF will further deteriorate this. (like The Fake Story or The 50%Nude Pics during the First Election..).. this is not to banish the word "rape" to me ... Wht I dislike is to ban an WORD ..We attack liberty. we're not non-sensitive people... its like on TV. you call FoxNew everytime they said somethin tht you dont like?

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

06-04-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koaku View Post
ok use this term in any way is not a good idea and I agree on the principle .. BUT in this case I think that communication, understanding and the atmosphere on JF will further deteriorate this. (like The Fake Story or The 50%Nude Pics during the First Election..).. this is not to banish the word "rape" to me ... Wht I dislike is to ban an WORD ..We attack liberty. we're not non-sensitive people... its like on TV. you call FoxNew everytime they said somethin tht you dont like?
No one said we're asking to ban a word. What's being asked is to not use the word so carelessly. There's a difference between using the word to depect destruction ex: "He raped him In Halo 3". Opposed to reckless and insensitve use "*rapes jrockerfaggot xxxx*".

Context is what's being asked, not banishment.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
06-04-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
As Tyrien said.
I'm not looking to the ban the word.
But I do think something should be done about people using it as a joke so casually.

Edit:
What the hell does Fox News have to do with anything? <<
That was so random dude.

Second Edit:
Also when someone jokes about rape around me in person, I ask them nicely to not do that. And they apologize and never do again but for some reason when I get on the net and ask it's this big issue.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Last edited by EveV : 06-04-2008 at 11:07 PM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-05-2008, 05:11 PM

So explain? What are you guys wanna do "against" tht? I understand what you want to do but i don't know how? We're not gonna check everyone post to know if it was a joke or if it was true ..

If you dont wanna ban this word..

(#38 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

06-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
So explain? What are you guys wanna do "against" tht? I understand what you want to do but i don't know how? We're not gonna check everyone post to know if it was a joke or if it was true ..

If you dont wanna ban this word..
As I ask, she's asking people stop being ignorant about the word and saying stuff like "*rapes koaku!!* <3xoxoxoxox" etc, etc. Because it's not funny, cute, "kawaii", or cool.

**Note: I picked the first name I saw. I hope you get the point though.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-05-2008, 05:37 PM

I get the point lool
But like i said before We are on internet..and on a forum..if we start to ...{i want to say advice?} people not using a word because its inappropriate.., they're gonna say " Its Only for Fun...stop boring me..they always want to forbid everything" I understand your point (REALLY)...but remember the pics story..things can go fast from nothing and take proportion totaly crazy..(I mean disproportionate..o_O )

Last edited by koaku : 06-05-2008 at 05:40 PM.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

06-05-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I get the point lool
But like i said before We are on internet..and on a forum..if we start to ...{i want to say advice?} people not using a word because its inappropriate.., they're gonna say " Its Only for Fun...stop boring me..they always want to forbid everything" I understand your point (REALLY)...but remember the pics story..things can go fast from nothing and take proportion totaly crazy..(I mean disproportionate..o_O )
With that logic we should be free to debate over religion. But that was placed for a reason.

However with the rape issue it's essentially the same. One of the rules is even to respect other members. Well making a complete mockery of something as sensitve as rape is not respecting other members. Even if you don't think that anyone is being offended someone might be. That someone may not want to say anything either - and they shouldn't have to.

Wouldn't it be a big deal if people were constantly making jokes about cancer, AIDS, abortions, or down syndrom (I could go on but that should be enough)? Yes, it would be a huge deal and possibly get someone banned.

Again, no one has ever asked to ban the word. All that's being asked is to stop and think about how you use the word.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Closed Thread