JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-16-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
One of my tweeters said the blackouts will continue until the end of April.

And Yuri, 'Kiotsukete'
Hi.
Yes, thd blackouts will be until the end of April.
And they say there also be them durting this summer
because we need to use airconditioners in summer.

Thank you, JamboP26!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

03-16-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
surely it will take time to organise when the blackouts will be. in this current situation. I heard that russia was boosting supplies. it has been a major catastrophe after all. one cannot expect miracles. lets hope that essential items will get through but it will take much co-ordinated planning etc.

ps i will not interfere with any corrections. you are pretty good anyway. here is hoping things improve.
Hi, dogsbody.
Thank you.
There still are many earthquakes here, but I’m OK.
Thanks!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

I YamaP
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
03-17-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.
Yes, thd blackouts will be until the end of April.
And they say there also be them durting this summer
because we need to use airconditioners in summer.

Thank you, JamboP26!
Looks like people will need to stock up on hand-fans and batteries. I hear the summer in Japan (Tokyo, at least) can get really hot. A lot of people may suffer if the air conditioners don't have electricity to work. Here's hoping things can get fixed pretty quickly with regards to electricity/phone lines etc. They are kind of neccessary in todays world

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

03-18-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Looks like people will need to stock up on hand-fans and batteries. I hear the summer in Japan (Tokyo, at least) can get really hot. A lot of people may suffer if the air conditioners don't have electricity to work. Here's hoping things can get fixed pretty quickly with regards to electricity/phone lines etc. They are kind of necessary in todays world
Yes, they are kind of necessary nowadays.
I want to stock dry cell batteries, but there are no batteries in stores at all.
I want to buy candles instead, but they don’t have them either. Last night, the blackout lasted about three hours.

I YamaP
Old
tenmins (Offline)
JF Regular

03-18-2011, 12:21 AM

No batteries and no candles. That's some tough living conditions. How are you coping? How many hours of electricity do you get each day?

Less is more...

http://www.tenmins.com
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

03-18-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenmins View Post
No batteries and no candles. That's some tough living conditions. How are you coping? How many hours of electricity do you get each day?
The blackouts continue only three hours at a time, and we have them only one or two times a day.
Still, we have much stress with this condition.

I YamaP
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

03-18-2011, 05:49 AM

Hi.
Could someone correct my English?

Six days after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.

Six days have passed.
Many people have registered a strong complaint by phone with Tokyo Electric Power Company for the random information of the blackouts. If this goes on, so many people would go bankrupt because many factories and shops can’t operate.
Last night, I did not expect a blackout, but it happened suddenly. The schedule had said it would start at 12:20PM, but it didn’t. Then, at around 6:40PM, it started.
I was cooking dinner, and about to use a mixer. With a clunk, the light turned down.
We had to eat pot noodles. I understood why many people buy a lot of bread and it has been sold out for a week. We can eat bread without electricity. My IH cooking heater needs electricity to cook things.
So, at about 9:20 this morning, I went to a supermarket. There was a very long line of shoppers which ran around the corner of the block.
I succeeded buying bread! And five pod noodles.
Now, it’s only 30 minutes to today’s blackout if the schedule is correct.

Thank you.

I YamaP
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
03-18-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.

Six days after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.
Six days have passed.
Many people have registered a strong complaint by phone with Tokyo Electric Power Company for the random information of the blackouts. If this goes on, so many people would go bankrupt because many factories and shops can’t operate.
Last night, I did not expect a blackout, but it happened suddenly. The schedule had said it would start at 12:20PM, but it didn’t. Then, at around 6:40PM, it started.
I was cooking dinner, and about to use a mixer. With a clunk, the light turned down.(If it had gone dark, you'd say the light 'went out')
We had to eat pot noodles. I understood why many people buy a lot of bread and it has been sold out for a week. We can eat bread without electricity. My IH cooking heater needs electricity to cook things.
So, at about 9:20 this morning, I went to a supermarket. There was a very long line of shoppers which ran around the corner of the block.
I succeeded buying bread! And five pot noodles.
Now, it’s only 30 minutes to today’s blackout if the schedule is correct.

Thank you.
Hope this helps you, Yuri-san Not too much too correct this time. I love pot noodles, but can imagine the annoyance of having to eat them all the time. Anyway, keep fighting and 'kiotsukete'. I'm always thinking of you guys just now, as are others I'm sure

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

03-18-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Hope this helps you, Yuri-san Not too much too correct this time. I love pot noodles, but can imagine the annoyance of having to eat them all the time. Anyway, keep fighting and 'kiotsukete'. I'm always thinking of you guys just now, as are others I'm sure
Hi, JamboP26!
Thanks for helping.
Arigatoh!

I YamaP
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

03-21-2011, 07:58 AM

Hi.

“Ten days after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.”

Ten days have passed.
Sense of distrust for the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) seems to be increasing among people. There seem to be some reasons. One of them is that the most operators in the nuclear power plant left the worksite just after the earthquake occurred, and the rest tried to mend the plans but they were short of staff. Some people say this is why the situation got worse. The second reason is that the Company does not tell when blackouts start, and it disturbed the railway service. There was kind of panic in many stations for a few days. TEPCO is battering Japanese economy.

Now, there is a rumor that says the company housing of TEPCO doesn’t have a blackout. That means that most people have hard time with the blackouts, but TEPCO employees don’t. I don’t know if this rumor is true.
I met one of my friends today. She said she hasn’t a blackout yet. And she also said she lives in front of TEPCO’s company housing. She and I live in the same city.

Thank you.

I YamaP