Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
03-21-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.
Could someone correct my English?

“Ten days after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.”

Ten days have passed.
The sense of distrust for the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) seems to be increasing among people. There seems to be some reasons for this. One of them is that most operators in the nuclear power plant left the worksite just after the earthquake occurred, and the rest tried to mend the plant, but they were short of staff. Some people say this is why the situation got worse. The second reason is that the Company does not tell when blackouts start, and it disturbed the railway service. There was kind of panic in many stations for a few days. TEPCO is battering Japanese economy.

Now, there is a rumour that says the company housing of TEPCO doesn’t have a blackout. That means that most people have a hard time with the blackouts, but TEPCO employees don’t. I don’t know if this rumour is true.
I met one of my friends today. She said she hasn’t had a blackout yet. And she also said she lives in front of TEPCO’s company housing. She and I live in the same city.

Thank you.
Corrected. Seems that TEPCO had made a mess of things. I've related TEPCO to the football team they sponsor, FC Tokyo. lol. As soon as TEPCO is mentioned, I think of them. Hope things improve for you soon, and stay strong

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
hellnotifier (Offline)
New to JF

Wink It is not only sentence but.... - 03-21-2011, 11:46 AM

Hi Yuri!

First of all, give me a hand shake for join this site.

Then, this is phrase not only sentence, by my mind;

" Things happen and you can not change them but your Belief make you stronger. Stay calm and cool in all conditions Good or bad"

may this helps you

yoroshku

ali

........................................................................... .......................

Hi, I'm Yuri from Japan.
I cant't understand this sentence:

"How does a belief in luck change the way a person reacts to good or bad fortune?"

What does "a belief in luck" mean?
Does it mean like "to believe that I'm happy" or "to believe that there are lucky people and unlucky people" ???
Anybody, help me, please.
Thank you![/quote]
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-21-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
Corrected. Seems that TEPCO had made a mess of things. I've related TEPCO to the football team they sponsor, FC Tokyo. lol. As soon as TEPCO is mentioned, I think of them. Hope things improve for you soon, and stay strong
Hi, JamboP26!
Thanks!!

I’ve watched a football game of FC Tokyo vs Ganba Oosaka, but I didn’t know TEPCO was a sponsor of the team.
I’m surprised to hear that you know of TEPCO and FC Tokyo.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

03-21-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellnotifier View Post
Hi Yuri!

First of all, give me a hand shake for join this site.

Then, this is phrase not only sentence, by my mind;

" Things happen and you can not change them but your Belief make you stronger. Stay calm and cool in all conditions Good or bad"

may this helps you

yoroshku

ali
Hi, ali.
Douzo yoroshiku.

I wish I could be calm and cool.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

I YamaP
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

03-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Hi, JamboP26!
Thanks!!

I’ve watched a football game of FC Tokyo vs Ganba Oosaka, but I didn’t know TEPCO was a sponsor of the team.
I’m surprised to hear that you know of TEPCO and FC Tokyo.
Konban wa, Yuri

There is a TV channel in the UK called Eurosport that shows the J.League. They show some live games and the highlights show. They also show woman's football (I remember watching Japan in the Woman's Under 20's World Cup, and the under 17's too). I'm looking forward to the Woman's World Cup this year, and hope Japan do well. Gamba Osaka are a good team, so I imagine that was a good match. Did you enjoy it? From a number of football teams, I know of a number of Japanese companies e.g. 'Tostem' or 'Savas'. (Kashima Antlers and Urawa Red Diamonds respectively)

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

03-21-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Konban wa, Yuri

There is a TV channel in the UK called Eurosport that shows the J.League. They show some live games and the highlights show. They also show woman's football (I remember watching Japan in the Woman's Under 20's World Cup, and the under 17's too). I'm looking forward to the Woman's World Cup this year, and hope Japan do well. Gamba Osaka are a good team, so I imagine that was a good match. Did you enjoy it? From a number of football teams, I know of a number of Japanese companies e.g. 'Tostem' or 'Savas'. (Kashima Antlers and Urawa Red Diamonds respectively)
I see.
You know about Japan very well.
We call Woman’s Japan football team “Nadeshiko Japan”.
Nadeshiko is from “Yamato nadeshiko” which means “Japanese lady/ladies”.

I enjoyed watching the football game.

I didn’t know Urawa Reds was “Urawa red Diamonds”. We usually call them “Urawa Reds”.
You know very well!!

I YamaP
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

03-21-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I see.
You know about Japan very well.
We call Woman’s Japan football team “Nadeshiko Japan”.
Nadeshiko is from “Yamato nadeshiko” which means “Japanese lady/ladies”.

I enjoyed watching the football game.

I didn’t know Urawa Reds was “Urawa red Diamonds”. We usually call them “Urawa Reds”.
You know very well!!
Oh. I didnt know that. Thank you for teaching me.

I'm glad to hear it. I'd love to see a J.League match, the atmosphere looks amazing, and the Aijinomoto stadium looks beautiful. I love the look of the official club shop too.

They are called 'Urawa Red Diamonds', because the company who owns them is Mitsubishi. Although, Urawa Reds is quicker, so it has become the way of things. Lol

Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

03-24-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
There seems to be some reasons for this.
Weaboo, if you want to correct someone's English, study your butt off first. There is no "s" added to that verb "seem", period. The subject of the sentence is the "reasons", which is plural.

I will be honest. This is not even the first mistake you have made in this thread. The OP, who is an unusually serious English-learner, deserves a much better teacher than you.
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

03-24-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Weaboo, if you want to correct someone's English, study your butt off first. There is no "s" added to that verb "seem", period. The subject of the sentence is the "reasons", which is plural.

I will be honest. This is not even the first mistake you have made in this thread. The OP, who is an unusually serious English-learner, deserves a much better teacher than you.
And so it has happened (if you are Japanese). I have come across the first unpolite Japanese person. This is a rarity. Sure my English maybe isn't the greatest, but what else do you expect from a 20-year old quickly skimming over the post, and correcting what I can. I don't have a high qualification in English, and didn't get too much in the way of high qualifications in school. I just corrected with what I felt was correct. But if its wrong as you say, go ahead and make it right. No need to go on a personal vendetta course. I come across scum on a daily bases here in Scotland, so you'll not frighten me off. I don't want to turn this nasty, but if you do, come ahead. I'll gie you a skeen booting. (Yes, that is what I speak everyday, and its Scots, not English)

Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

03-24-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post

um what do you mean we often says "seems. there seems to be misunderstandings. in other words there "Appears" to be some misunderstanding.

seems - definition of seems by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.