JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-08-2011, 10:21 AM

[quote=YuriTokoro;864830]Hi, James.
Actually, western people always seem to try showing off their strength and power etc to me.

HI again Yuri-- How do they show off their power and strength to you. what age group are you talking about?

what sort of thing do they do?
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
05-08-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Totally agreed.

@JamboP26
I will say this because YuriTokoro is too nice to. Go to the Japanese Help section and ask those questions irrelevant to the thread. That is if you've got the guts to show us your lame addiction to romaji. You have been claming to love Japanese culture all over JF and all you have to show for it is a few phrases in romaji, which has NOTHING to do with Japanese culture.

If you take it for granted that YuriTokoro writes English using the Roman alphabet, which you completely do, then apply the same logic to Japanese writing, which is written with its own proper writing systems.

How Japanese is written is not even a personal choice like Koir also has been claiming with unusual fervor. It's a rule. If you cannot respect it, that is how much respect you have for Japanese culture, which revolves around its language.

IMHO, a serious student like OP deserves much better teachers here ---- certainly not someone who doesn't even know what "active voice" or "passive voice" means in English grammar. Yes, I mean you, Professor Koir. Even I, a complete outsider to the English language, know that.
I only ask here as its relevant to the earlier posts. While I appreciate everyone's input, your replies (especially to me) are really starting to p**s me off. So as I'd say to anyone who annoys me to this point, f*** off, you wee ignorant p***k.

I apologise to all those others who get on fine in this thread, & I am perhaps being a tad extreme, but all I get from masaegu is moaning, complaints and bordering on abuse & harassment

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-08-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
HI again Yuri-- How do they show off their power and strength to you. what age group are you talking about?

what sort of thing do they do?
Hi, dogsbody!
Please understand that I don’t mean to criticize your culture, custom or way of thinking. I just want you to know that there are differences between your culture and ours.

Did you read the example in the train?
It’s true that the American man in the train helped the woman, but he held up his fists smiling. Japanese people wouldn’t do that.

I have a lot of examples.
For example:
My American friends came to Japan. I was guiding them in Tokyo.
We have “women-only train cars” in Tokyo.
They asked why. It is because there are a lot of molestation cases.
They didn’t understand and said that they would beat gropers out.
Their faces were so excited.
They seemed that they were sure they were able to beat gropers out.
They didn’t even try to understand why we have women-only train cars here.
Most Japanese women can’t beat gropers out.
Their faces seemed to be saying that “WE WOULD BEAT GROPERS OUT! WE LOVE TO BEAT GROPERS OUT! WE CAN BEAT TROPERW OUT! WE ENJOY BEATING GROPERS OUT! WE CAN! WE CAN! WE CAN!! WE CAN!!!!!!”
I think they didn’t mean that, but they seemed so to me…

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
05-08-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi, dogsbody!
Please understand that I don’t mean to criticize your culture, custom or way of thinking. I just want you to know that there are differences between your culture and ours.

It’s true that the American man in the train helped the woman, but he held up his fists smiling. Japanese people wouldn’t do that.

For example:
Their faces seemed to be saying that “WE WOULD BEAT GROPERS OUT! WE LOVE TO BEAT GROPERS OUT! WE CAN BEAT TROPERW OUT! WE ENJOY BEATING GROPERS OUT! WE CAN! WE CAN! WE CAN!! WE CAN!!!!!!”
If you don't mind me stepping in here, I understand molestation is a big problem in Japan, especially Tokyo, with its severely crowded trains. Very often here I come across people who tend to have an aggressive nature. Once after school about 5 years ago, I looked into a garage business at some people mucking about, only to have "What are you looking at?" shouted at me in an aggressive tone. I think in the western world, the majority of guys like to be & act masculine. I would say I get some very odd looks just because I wear a pink visor. This may mean 'showing off' to attract female attention, like peacocks do in the wild. Of course, this behaviour can't work everywhere

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-08-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Hi, dogsbody!

For example:
That's exactly what they meant.

Any chance to be anything like a gentleman, which in this case means standing against anything which would harm or disturb a damsel in distress.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-08-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
If you don't mind me stepping in here, I understand molestation is a big problem in Japan, especially Tokyo, with its severely crowded trains. Very often here I come across people who tend to have an aggressive nature. Once after school about 5 years ago, I looked into a garage business at some people mucking about, only to have "What are you looking at?" shouted at me in an aggressive tone. I think in the western world, the majority of guys like to be & act masculine. I would say I get some very odd looks just because I wear a pink visor. This may mean 'showing off' to attract female attention, like peacocks do in the wild. Of course, this behaviour can't work everywhere
Hi.
We cannot do that…
You are really brave……
We cannot be so aggressive………

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
That's exactly what they meant.
Really!?
A likely story!!
I can’t believe!!!

Quote:
Any chance to be anything like a gentleman, which in this case means standing against anything which would harm or disturb a damsel in distress.
We cannot do that…….
Please understand………..

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

05-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Hi, dogsbody!

For example:
you are talking about Americans yuri. Here in UK we used to have ladies only carriages and I did like that.
Now all the carriages are open--. I bet those you were with were showing off.

I wonder how old they were. Its not something I would have ever said or done.
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-08-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
We cannot do that…….
Please understand………..
There's nothing wrong with that

Honestly since I've come to Japan I've become a lot more impatient towards the macho act.

Here's a question for you Yuri,

If you were a being touched by a pervert old man in a train, would you prefer for the foreign man beside you to hit the pervert and yell at him? Or to ignore the situation?

A year ago or so that exact situation happened to me, a girl was being rubbed against in a bad way right next to be by a pervert old man and I could see she was so uncomfortable.
What do you think I did? What do you think she wanted me, or any other guy noticing it, to do?

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

05-08-2011, 04:16 PM

I will be honest here, I avoid anywhere where there are gangs.

I prefer to avoid trouble rather than to aggravate or risk being attacked.

IN this country nowadays some very bad things Do happen that never ever happened before. People carrying knives and knifing others. Especially in the schools.

I do not know what has happened to this country.

Often youngsters who live on council estates gang up against other gangs. Just like that film west side story.

I simply avoid going anywhere near places where I might be at risk. I believe that the way children are brought up is responsible for alot of the trouble.

Teachers are not allowed to discipline their pupils-- which is crazy. Also parents must not smack a child no matter whether the child is doing something wrong or dangerous.

In mY generation caning at school was the Norm. In Scotland it was the Belt.

I am not advocating this now-- but every child needs to be disciplined from an early age, otherwise they are like wild animals.

Parenting is important. When I watch Super Nanny-- she works wonders with families where the children are totally out of control.

domestic dogs need training so do children. I feel sorry for teachers where the children can make their lives hell.

There is something seriously wrong with much of our society.

We have many lovely young people-- but its the odd few that can cause chaos and mayhem.
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

05-08-2011, 04:23 PM

It seems like we need to start a separate Japanese culture thread to unclutter this one

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"