(#51 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-18-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperman View Post
Hi.

We have the Boy Scouts in Japan too, though I don't know about it except they wear cowboy hats.
The homepage of Scout Association of Japan is here;
Scout Association of Japan

//////////////////////

As for Halloween, it is important for me to hear your opinion about it, which would be rather "negative".
I didn't want to write something negative in here, so I didn't mention about the tragedy that had happened at ON or ONE particular Halloween night.
A Japanese teenager A JAPANESE TEENAGE student[/b]) was shot to death at ONE Halloween night, when he disguised himself as a monster, enjoying the "trick or trade". He was dead because he couldn't understand the meaning of "freeze!".
If I had been him, I too would have thought OF it as "please!". And I was shot to death too. (I might have been shot too.)
The accident had happened around 1990, and every Japanese was so shocked. And I myself decided to quit going to America.

HI Supperman, thats an awful story-- where did this happen? Was it in America? I wonder why the gunman Had a gun in the first place.
Why such an innocent act had to be related to death?

The shooting GUNman was judged as innocent at the court, because of "justifiable defense". That seems very strange to me. But aN ex-FBI officer said that he was guilty, in a book "I Have Lived in the Monster" by Robert K. Ressler、Tom Shachtman.
He didn't have to shoot.....
The ex-FBI officer analyzed the character of the shooting man.

I don't know what the truth was. It was just an opinion of a book writer.( AN AUTHOR.) or WRITER.

Anyway, very unfortunately, I have negative feelingS about "Halloween", too.
And I will never forget the meaning of the word "freeze!".
I am not surprised about your feelings Supperman.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 07-18-2011 at 03:58 PM.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-18-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Hi.

We have the Boy Scout in Japan too, though I don't know about it except they wear cowboy hats.
The homepage of Scout Association of Japan is here;
Scout Association of Japan

//////////////////////

As for Halloween, it is important for me to hear your opinion about it, which would be rather "negative".
I didn't want to write something negative in here, so I didn't mention about the tragedy that had happened at (ONE Halloween night.)
A Japanese teenage international student was shot to death at ONE Halloween night, when he disguised himself as a monster, enjoying the "trick or trade". He was dead because he couldn't understand the meaning of "freeze!".
If I had been him, I too would have thought it as "please!". And I was shot to death too.

The accident had happened around 1990, and every Japanese was so shocked. And I myself decided to quit going to America.

Why such an innocent act had to be related to death?

The shooting man was judged as innocent at the court, because of "justifiable defense". (THE GUNMAN)

But aN ex-FBI officer said that he was guilty, in a book: "I Have Lived in the Monster" by Robert K. Ressler、Tom Shachtman.
He didn't have to shoot.....
The ex-FBI officer analyzed the character of the shooting man.

I don't know what the truth was. It was just an opinion of a book writer. AN AUTHOR-- or WRITER>

Anyway, very unfortunately, I have negative feeling about "Halloween", too.
And I will never forget the meaning of the word "freeze!".

I am not surprised about your feelings Supperman, I am sure many people would also have been upset. It was an awful thing to happen.

Unfortunately we get some crazy people who when let loose with a gun-- do crazy things-- we have had mad gunmen here in UK too-- shooting children in school or shooting people at random.

I am not sure if all Americans are allowed to carry a gun? If so I often wonder why?
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

America as a gun-posessing-culture - 07-19-2011, 04:17 AM

Yoshihiro Hattori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi.
Here is the rink of the description of the case.
I think it is more objective and accurate than mine.
I'm subjective, and furthermore, my memory is not correct enough to talk about it.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-19-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Yoshihiro Hattori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi.
Here is the rink of the description of the case.
I think it is more objective and accurate than mine.
I'm subjective, and furthermore, my memory is not correct enough to talk about it.
thankyou very much supperman. It gives a clearer view of the events that tragic night.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

A couple - 07-19-2011, 09:03 AM

A couple is strolling toward the camera. The woman is sitting in a wheel chair and wheeling it by herself. She is slim and has long hair. She seems to have a long neck and long arms too. She would probably be very tall if she stood up. She’s wearing a yellow long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans and red shoes.
On her right, which means on the observer’s left, there is a man walking side by side. He’s wearing a dark blue T shirt with short sleeves. It has red line at the edge of sleeves and the collar. He’s putting his left hand into the blue jeans’ pocket.

At the background, there is a big traffic sign; white bar in red background. In Japan, its meaning is “do not enter”, though I don’t know if it’s the same thing worldwide.

At the background, there are well-built buildings made of stones. The couple is on the cobble-stone pavement. I think this town has a long history.

There are cars crowdedly parked at the right side of the road,facing toward the camera, which means that it is a left-side traffic country, such as the UK.
I don’t think the cars are in traffic jam, but parked, because the front wheels of the cars are at unnatural angle for driving forward.

As I could see their face only quite vaguely, I couldn’t tell the feeling of the couple.

…….Hey! I can’t comment anything interesting about this photo. It is so boring description. Sorry! And thank you for your patience to read, as usual.

A stroll in the street / TOEIC

Last edited by Supperman : 07-19-2011 at 09:09 AM.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-19-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
A couple is strolling toward the camera. The woman is sitting in a wheel chair and wheeling it by herself. She is slim and has long hair. She seems to have a long neck and long arms too. She would probably be very tall if she stood up. She’s wearing a yellow long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans and red shoes.
On her right, which means on the observer’s left, there is a man walking side by side. He’s wearing a dark blue T shirt with short sleeves. It has red line at the edge of sleeves and the collar. He’s putting his left hand into the blue jeans’ pocket.

At IN the background, there is a big traffic sign; white bar in red background. In Japan, its meaning is “do not enter”, though I don’t know if it’s the same thing worldwide.

At IN the background, there are well-built buildings made of stones. The couple is ARE on the cobble-stone pavement. I think this town has a long history.

There are cars crowdedly CLOSELY parked at ON the right side of the road,facing toward the camera, which means that it is a left-side traffic country, such as the UK.
I don’t think the cars are in A traffic jam, but parked, because the front wheels of the cars are at unnatural angle for driving forward.

As I could see their face only quite vaguely, I couldn’t tell the feeling of the couple.

…….Hey! I can’t comment anything interesting about this photo. It is so SUCH A boring description. Sorry! And thank you for your patience to read, as usual.

A stroll in the street / TOEIC
I'll check out the picture later.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2011, 11:13 PM

Thank you, dogsbody70.
This is the revised version.

A couple is strolling toward the camera. The woman is sitting in a wheel chair ad wheeling it by herself. She is slim and has long hair. She seems to have a long neck and long arms too. She would probably be very tall if she stood up. She’s wearing a yellow long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans and read shoes.

In the background, there are well-built buildings made of stones. The couple are on the cobble-stone pavement. I think this town has a long history.

There are cars closely parked on the right side of the road, facing toward the camera, which means that it is a left-side traffic country, such as the UK.

I don’t think the cars are in a traffic jam, but parked, because the front wheels of the cars are at unnatural angle for driving forward.
///////////

Hey! The woman’s shape somehow reminds me of “Neitiri” in the movie “Avatar”. Have you watched “Avatar” yet?

Last edited by Supperman : 07-19-2011 at 11:15 PM.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-20-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Thank you, dogsbody70.
This is the revised version.

A couple is ARE strolling toward the camera. The woman is sitting in a wheel chair ad wheeling it by herself. She is slim and has long hair. She seems to have a long neck and long arms too. She would probably be very tall if she stood up. She’s wearing a yellow long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans and read RED shoes. ( I think her neck looks long because she is stretching down to push her wheels and her yellow top has a low neck. It's clear that she has to put a lot of effort into propelling her chair along) No doubt she wishes to be independent and manage without anyone elses help.)On her right, which means on the observer’s left, there is a man walking side by side. He’s wearing a dark blue T shirt with short sleeves. It has red line at the edge of sleeves and the collar. He’s putting his left hand into the blue jeans’ pocket.

In the background, there are well-built buildings made of stones. The couple are on the cobble-stone pavement. I think this town has a long history.

There are cars closely parked on the right side of the road, facing toward the camera, which means that it is a left-side traffic country, such as the UK.

I don’t think the cars are in a traffic jam, but parked, because the front wheels of the cars are at unnatural angle for driving forward.
///////////

Hey! The woman’s shape somehow reminds me of “Neitiri” in the movie “Avatar”. Have you watched “Avatar” yet?
May I give you my take on the picture?

I see a young couple coming towards me on a wide pavement. The young woman is self propelling her wheelchair and she is accompanied by a good looking young man. A few cars and a van are parked close to the kerb alongside them and I can see a few cycles in their own cycle bays on the right of the pavement. In the background are some substantial stone buildings. It seems to me that the couple are enjoying each others company. I do think they are having a good time.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 07-20-2011 at 07:44 AM.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-20-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post

I see a young couple coming towards me on a wide pavement. The young woman is self propelling her wheelchair and she is accompanied by a good looking young man. A few cars and a van are parked close to the kerb alongside them and I can see a few cycles in their own cycle bays on the left of the pavement. In the background are some substantial stone buildings. It seems to me that the couple are enjoying each others company. I do think they are having a good time.
Of course it is like a mirror image.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-20-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post

I see a young couple coming towards me on a wide pavement. The young woman is self propelling her wheelchair and she is accompanied by a good looking young man. A few cars and a van are parked close to the kerb alongside them and I can see a few cycles in their own cycle bays on the right of the pavement. In the background are some substantial stone buildings. It seems to me that the couple are enjoying each others company. I do think they are having a good time.
Right and left are reversed as we look at it from the camera's angle.