LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-05-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Don't overlook the fact that some North Koreans want to escape their country. There are some sad stories of families seperated or killed in their desperate attempts to reach the South.

The way I see it, the Korean Wars aren't over yet. The DMZ is a good example of why.
The Korean War is also called the "Forgotten War" because even today the Western public still generally underestimates the impact of the Korean War.

Why am I not surprised?
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-05-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Limbaugh: ‘I Hope Obama Fails’

We are playing tit-for-tat now, but never has a left-wing radio host or pundit wished for the American president to FAIL just to prove a point.

Why would someone wish for the president to fail?
Did you hear him say this yourself?
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-05-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Did you hear him say this yourself?
You are damn right I heard him say this myself. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't.

(#44 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-05-2009, 09:34 AM

My bad, I meant the senate (actually there's around 55 seats belonging to the Democrats). My point still stands there's really no opposition to getting any bill passed by Obama or democrats which is a huge problem seeing how the system is supposed to be a two-party.

That post is sarcastic. Point being he forgets why we fight, and the fact that we CANNOT let Iran get an nuclear weapon, that is the only country right now that we can even prepare for. He has even down played there arrogant and threatening nature. Terrorism does not constitute an police matter, it's an act of war.

Obama does, I mean when you through political correctness on the matter, your asking for trouble. I do also believe by the way things do go, a lot of people have forgotten it.

No, it wouldn't seeing how Bush actually fought an War on Terror. He didn't call it an "man-caused disaster". Obama has shown he doesn't care to call Terrorism and the War of Terror what it is. Also when you stop an Terrorist trial for political gain your asking for it.

When you have the Tim Geithner come out and say he open to a word currency (thus causing the dollar to all even more) and the guy who picks him does not chastise for that comment you have an problem. Then you have at the G20 "charter of sustainable economic activity," trumpeted especially by France and Germany, mixes statements of the obvious with rhetoric that baldly calls for the U.S. to relinquish its sovereign authority over economic policy to a global government. Of immediate concern is the charter's appeal for global, supranational financial regulation--a clear European power grab to contain and diminish the role and freedom of the U.S. financial sector. Wither you like the those commentators or not does not change if they speak facts every know and then.

OK so Gitmo constitute torture, the only thing that is even controversial is water boarding, which was only done to a very few number of people. Umm, there prisoners of war fellow, they would go back to kill Americans if we let them go. Secondly there where criminal cases being processed there, but because Obama wanted to close it without thinking that causes those cases to be dropped (to be picked up at a later date) which has very serious impacts that can lead to some terrorists going free. There are cases for people going free, thus the system did work. Iraq, he would not admit the surge worked, which by the way does not give him the credit to ask for an surge in Afghanistan when you would not admit to being wrong about the first surge.

Oh and your Rush statement "I hope Obama fails" wasn't heard by I guarantee that because that quote is so badly misconstrued to make him look horrible. Actually listen to the ACTUAL CONVERSATION.

Transcript

"So I'm thinking of replying to the guy, "Okay, I'll send you a response, but I don't need 400 words, I need four: I hope he fails." (interruption) What are you laughing at? See, here's the point. Everybody thinks it's outrageous to say. Look, even my staff, "Oh, you can't do that." Why not? Why is it any different, what's new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what's gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don't care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: "Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails." Somebody's gotta say it."

YouTube - Rush Limbaugh - I Hope Obama Fails

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-05-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
You are damn right I heard him say this myself. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't.
When it comes to politics, I've listened to a lot of people, both Con. Republican and Lib. Democrat, rant off on things they have only heard from other people... Which I find amazing. I don't take you for a person that would, but I wanted to make sure, just in case.

You can skip to 5:50 for the more relevant content.

Last edited by Jaydelart : 04-05-2009 at 09:41 AM.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-05-2009, 09:40 AM

S. Korea: N. Korea launches rocket - CNN.com

FFS.. lets get some facts here people...

Here's what Obama said...

Quote:
"With this provocative act, North Korea has ignored its international obligations, rejected unequivocal calls for restraint, and further isolated itself from the community of nations,"

"We will immediately consult with our allies in the region, including Japan and (South Korea), and members of the U.N. Security Council to bring this matter before the Council,"

"I urge North Korea to abide fully by the resolutions of the U.N. Security Council and to refrain from further provocative actions."
How can anyone not agree with that?
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-05-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
Transcript

"So I'm thinking of replying to the guy, "Okay, I'll send you a response, but I don't need 400 words, I need four: I hope he fails." (interruption) What are you laughing at? See, here's the point. Everybody thinks it's outrageous to say. Look, even my staff, "Oh, you can't do that." Why not? Why is it any different, what's new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what's gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don't care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: "Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails." Somebody's gotta say it."

YouTube - Rush Limbaugh - I Hope Obama Fails
Still sounds pretty disgusting to me.

I mean... has he ever read what liberalism proposes?

How can he want it to fail?

Rights of the individual etc..
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-05-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
OK so Gitmo constitute torture, the only thing that is even controversial is water boarding, which was only done to a very few number of people. Umm, there prisoners of war fellow, they would go back to kill Americans if we let them go. Secondly there where criminal cases being processed there, but because Obama wanted to close it without thinking that causes those cases to be dropped (to be picked up at a later date) which has very serious impacts that can lead to some terrorists going free. There are cases for people going free, thus the system did work. Iraq, he would not admit the surge worked, which by the way does not give him the credit to ask for an surge in Afghanistan when you would not admit to being wrong about the first surge.
What are you talking about? Gitmo violated international law and the spirit of the United States Constitution. It wasn't just about torture.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-05-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
How can anyone not agree with that?
Not everyone agrees with it for different reasons.

A huge chunk of South Korean politicians who rather deal with North Korea in a minimal scale, consider that the business issues with North Korea are at stake. Making it into an UN-scale issue is a huge loss for South Korea.

The primary economic benefactor to NK, China just want to calm down the North face-to-face or else NK's life line will be in a difficult situation.

Last edited by komitsuki : 04-05-2009 at 09:53 AM.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-05-2009, 10:02 AM

ronin,

Gitmo, only purpose was to NOT allow prisoners of war to be afforded constitution measures, more so to actual terrorists. I don't disagree with what it represented like you said, whither I'm against it depends on a basis of what the person has done to be put there. My point being you just cannot close it, without an plan which what happened.

Secondly lets not get into an debated about liberalism vs. Conservatism, these being two life-long different views and these forum would not do justice to a debate of that magnitude. Also liberalism does not always represent freedom same can be said for conservatism, and more so that they are two sides of the same coin. Just because someone doesn't like the policy over another, does not make it disgusting as such I'm betting that if it was conservatism you would want it to fail.

Let's hope that he does put tough blocks on the N Koreans for this, but right now we have to wait and see what happens at the United Nations. and like komitsuki says.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.